Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Everyone is missing what really happened to Rita!

tcbentl

[1]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 1

SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FINALE.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

The Bombshell:

Trinity did was not Rita's killer. It is much worse than that.

Dexter has finally lost control of his Dark Passenger by drifting from "The Code".

Yes, the sad truth is that Dexter killed Rita.

In his mind, Dexter created the scene in which he sent Rita away in a taxi to protect her.

>>> Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

The Reasoning:

This season has been about balancing the relationship between a man, his killer instinct and his family.

Dexter wades into the mind of a similar killer who seems to have successfully created a balance.

Emotion, empathy, and errors creep into Dexter's life and "The Code" is being set aside.

Dexter kills an innocent man and the Dark Passenger begins to work on his own.

Dexter wants to protect his family from what Trinity is doing to his family, but he doesn't know how.

The Dark Passenger knows that Rita cannot be harmed in any other way, if she is dead.

In conclusion:

This cleans up the time-line problem everyone has been discussing and how Trinity found Rita.

If you watch the interview between Hall and Lithgow, you will see that it is Lithgow that says

that Trinity killed Rita and Hall just smugly agrees. Please remember how secretly plot points

are handled.

And finally, please don't kill the messenger. I'm sure Dexter will find me sooner or lat.............

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Auphori12

[2]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 2

Ya'do know that in an interview after the finale John Lithgow said that it was the Trinity Killer who killed Rita.

EDIT: Sorry should have read the whole topic before posting, ignore this.

Edited on 12/20/2009 11:29am

avi01

[3]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 26
    Dexter killing Rita wouldn`t even make sense...even if the dark side took over or whatever...the time line would fit. It would one hell of a stupid twist.

Trinity killed Rita..the actor confirmed it and besides it was his signature(bathtub).

McCarnage

[4]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    This theory sounds very interesting but I don't think that's what happened. It would be too much of a stretch, and writers would have some problems explaining where the children were at that time. Besides, Rita left him a message on a secretary which he certainly couldn't imagine at that time given the circumstances and the fact he found her only seconds later.

pumpkinhead2

[5]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 7

So how would that explain the voice message left by Rita?

tangcomic

[6]Dec 21, 2009
    pumpkinhead2 wrote:

So how would that explain the voice message left by Rita?

That would need another stupid writing idea--It was all Dexter's illusion.

PunkNerd5

[7]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 24
    And you really think that theory has less holes than the actual story? You're all theorizing what you want to see happened, because you just can't believe the simple truth that Arthur killed Rita... Grow up!!

MCGlenn1981

[8]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 6

What really happened? My Theory!

Trinity also finds Dexter's address in Debs.

He also finds the Laura Moser Files and the research Deb has done on Dexter's past (because she left everything lying around "the little piggy")

Trinity kills Rita, there is no other possible viable explanation.

Next season will be the TV series take on the book idea "Dexter in the Dark", because he's going to be under massive investigation his passenger will do a runner for a while! and leave Dexter without his remorseless efficient killer plans.

I think next season he'll be very vulnerable.

Ithink there will be 6 or more seasons, six minimum

McCarnage

[9]Dec 22, 2009
    Actually, I don't think there'll be more than 6 seasons. My assumption is that the next season will be all about Dexter confronting his Dark Passenger and, by the end of the season, someone will find out about Dexter's killing urges which will transfer onto the next season where Dexter evades the police and in the end either gets caught or killed. If Deb finds out, then probably the 6th season will be about her helping him out and then the writers would probably have material for more episodes.

michaelhanergod

[10]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    MCGlenn1981 wrote:

He also finds the Laura Moser Files and the research Deb has done on Dexter's past (because she left everything lying around "the little piggy")

Next season will be the TV series take on the book idea "Dexter in the Dark", because he's going to be under massive investigation his passenger will do a runner for a while! and leave Dexter without his remorseless efficient killer plans.

6 or more are you missing something here??
    Only one season more is in Dexter and that is the 5th. If there were more then it would become completely ridiculous plot wise

I mean he is on the verge to get caught. Dexter was at trinitys house before the cops and they thought it was weird and now all of a sudden Rita gets killed by the trinity killer when in his pattern he actually should kill a little boy. batista saw Dexter with the trinity killer at the police station. They even showed it in slowmotion
    To many damn coincidences here. That this show only has one season left in it. Because he is on the verge to get caught

Even the writers knew that. Clyde Phillips resigned because of this

Say what you want but the writers screwed up by killing Rita and has written themself into a corner

MCGlenn1981

[11]Dec 24, 2009
    michaelhanergod wrote:
    MCGlenn1981 wrote:

6 or more are you missing something here?? Only one season more is in Dexter and that is the 5th. If there were more then it would become completely ridiculous plot wise I mean he is on the verge to get caught. Dexter was at trinitys house before the cops and they thought it was weird and now all of a sudden Rita gets killed by the trinity killer when in his pattern he actually should kill a little boy. batista saw Dexter with the trinity killer at the police station. They even showed it in slowmotion To many damn coincidences here. That this show only has one season left in it. Because he is on the verge to get caught Even the writers knew that. Clyde Phillips resigned because of this Say what you want but the writers screwed up by killing Rita and has written themself into a corner

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the "reporter b***h" compromised the Miami Pd, Dexter & Deb will blame it all on her, they will also discover Trinity was at Debs Apartment. And Deb will take the blame for Trinity creating that awful scene with little Harrison. I'm not convinced Deb will put the pieces together yet as she really has no reason to doubt who Dexter is. Add to this the fact that the FBI have taken over the investigation, I don't think they will ever get to the bottom of it. As for raiding Trinity's house, I doubt anyone reported that Dexter was there very quickly, I mean why would they? Hasn't the show proved already how much all the key characters depend on Dexter.

1. La Guerta's go to guy.

2. Batista's friend, go to guy, wedding witness.

3. Deb's rock & constant.

4. The one who apparently saw through Doakes, the Irony.

5. Masucka's loves Dexter as well.

6. How Rita's kids feel about him.

I think he is above suspicion for now and will be viewed as a tragic victim.

I think it will take another season for Deb to even begin to put the peices together in a wayu that she thinks fits, then it will all go wrong when another bunch of Bay Harbour Butcher Corpes are found on the North East Coast.

I don't think the Bay Harbour Butcher Case has been put to bed yet and all it needs is a spark to get the manhunt going again. La Guerta Anyone??

Edited on 12/24/2009 3:13am

ErolGen

[12]Dec 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    I agree with McCarnage. I suppose It's a dream. The message has to be transfered on morning, Dexter has never closed his phone. It's not his way. And I don't think that the writers are so stupid. They don't commit a mistake like this until now.

wysiwygjay

[13]Jan 7, 2010

I don't know why everyone keeps on saying Trinity killed Rita because of the interview. Everyone knows that they keep stories secret. They could change their minds in the future. The interview really means nothing.

I don't like the idea that Trinity killed Rita for many reasons. However, it is likely that they will leave it with him being the killer. The reasons why I don't think Trinity killed Rita are:

1) Although it was a bathtub, it did not fit Trinities rule. Rita is too old to be the bathtub woman... they are always young... like Trinities sister. Rita has three children - not two. It would have made more sense to have Rita jump from a building if Trinity wanted to kill her - this wouldn't even fit Trinities rule fully. Also the room had too much blood... Trinity is always neat and tidy. If he wanted her Dead to get back at Dexter he would not have used his ritual to do it due to not fitting the rule. He would have just done it.

2) Trinities pattern was broken by Dexter when he stopped the murder of the boy. It would be more likely that Trinity would have wanted to kill a boy again than a woman to make this part of his ritual correct.

3) We know Trinity has no problem killing as he murdered Kyle Butler trying to get to Dexter. He also has no problem killing children... so why would he leave the baby alive? Specially in a pool of blood. It is too similar to Dexter's past... and is another reason why it couldn't have been Trinity. Dexter took Trinities family away from him... so why would Trinity just stop at Rita?

For me the only way it could have been trinity is if Trinity killed the whole family. He was at Debs flat... he would have waited for her and killed her first. As she is young perhaps in a bathtub. He then would have found out where Dexter lived and kill Rita by making her jump. This would now make sense as to why Harrison is now alive (he is not an old man in a bar). This would make sense to me. Forget the time-line stuff.... just think about the script its self.

MCGlenn1981

[14]Jan 7, 2010

Mental cases, anyone who thinks it wasn't Trinity.

Go watch the scene where Dex kills Trinity, and listen properly. It's all there!

Ya's are clutching at straws lads.

A question, what exactly is the point of the villain in the series if he is not the killer?

That would make this the worst storyline ever.

Edited on 01/07/2010 11:56am

wysiwygjay

[15]Jan 7, 2010

In the scene where Dex kills Trinity I cant find anything that says "I have killed your wife". He says 'its already over'... that's it. He could be referring to anything... the chase... his own ritual... the conversation that they are having... his life!

The series was about a bad man (trinity) being studied by Dex (the good guy)... and eventually killed. It was about Dexter learning and developing. Dexter developing is the reason for the villain. Ritas death is development for the next series... this is the reason why it is at the end... alongside shock value. Calling people Mental cases is just showing your inability to be open minded and think... discuss... what harm can it do?

This is a good story. If Rita was not killed would it be a bad story? No. Therefore why are you saying it would be the worst story line ever if Trinity did not kill Rita?... News flash... copycat killers exist!

Until they confirm it in the series it does not mean Trinity was the killer. They have had serial killers... Dexter hunted... family members... whats left? If Trinity killed Rita they have nothing to work with other than... oh, will Deb find out about Dex! bla, bla.

Next series should be about Dex confronting his dark passenger and the bad guy could be someone who is meddling with Dex's life. I like the idea that the top cop... who knew Dex was adopted... killed Rita. Think about it... he knows Dex is adopted. He allowed Harry to do this. Why? Perhaps because Harry told him he would make Dex a "Super-cop". He knows Brian (Dex bro) is a killer... yet in s2 he says nothing even when they find out the killer is in the department! Deb has been to see him and he now knows Dexter's real life is going to be uncovered. Dexter may be his side project. Dexter has no sleep, crashes cars, gets caught by cops outside a bank.... the top cop could have killed Rita to free up Dexters time so Dex can do his "real" job properly. Next Series could be Dex finding this out and doing things about it. Top cop could be the mastermind behind everything. It could be about Dex killing the cop (actual killer of Rita) and thereby removing the dark passenger... or embracing the cop and becoming fully dark and evil!

Whats the point of a forum if you don't discuss ideas and communicate. Stop calling people things like Mental cases just for talking and theorizing. And also, cool pic by the way - MCGlenn1981.

Edited on 01/07/2010 4:57pm

Auphori12

[16]Jan 8, 2010
    IMO Trinity did it. It would be too "cheesy" if someone else did it. Trinity knew Dex knew about the trinity case so killing Rita in a bathtub would be his way of telling Dex he did it. Making her jump off of a roof would have been to much hassle for him and he probably didn't have the time.

He probably found out about Dex's childhood traumatic event on Debs laptop. And thought leaving Harrison there would be somewhat poetic.

The only thing I could think is that Dex's dark passenger took over and he did it, but even that would be "cheesy".

wysiwygjay

[17]Jan 8, 2010
    I dont agree... Deb is a kikass cop. She is smart and good at what she does. Are you telling me Trinity looked at her laptop... bypassed any security... and realised Dex past before her? LOL

Auphori12

[18]Jan 8, 2010
    She could have quiet easily left her laptop on when she was the article, due to shock forgot to turn off/log off when she went to Arthurs house.

wysiwygjay

[19]Jan 8, 2010

Perhaps, although I don't see why he would go to the trouble of killing Rita this way when she doesn't fit his code for the reasons previously mentioned. I also think if he could not be bothered to kill her based on his code (jump) then why would he bother to put Harrison in the blood? I think it is too far a stretch to have trinity find out about Dex in the blood and put the baby in the blood. Even if he did, he would hurt Dex more by killing the baby! After-all... Dex has taken Trinities family. Surely he would have done the same?

Another problem I have is with how Dexter caught Trinity. It is fair to say he was in the boot of the car... but how did he get in it? (Trinity learned to look who is following him in the laet ep already LOL). If you look at when Trinity picks up the car the boot hasa a cover on it! How does Dex get in the boot and put the cover back on? I doubt he coould have jumped in whilst waiting for traffic lights to change.

I think if trinity killed Rita they have no real interesting storyline to continue with. I hope im wrong. Any ideas?

I do like the idea that Dex dark passenger did it although surely it needs Rita just as much. Afterall it was her that was helping prevent everyone from seeing the dark passenger by setting up a "nornal life". It is kicking its self if it killed her... surely?

Edited on 01/08/2010 5:53pm

platelet

[20]Jan 9, 2010
    wysiwygjay wrote:

In the scene where Dex kills Trinity I cant find anything that says "I have killed your wife". He says 'its already over'... that's it. He could be referring to anything... the chase... his own ritual... the conversation that they are having... his life!

Dexter: "I have a family too Arthur, I'm good for them"

Trinity: ""you're like a child"

Dexter "A child with a big knife"

Trinity "You dream of a heaven you'll never see" - his family I think

Dexter "I don't believe in heaven"

Trinity "oh but you do. This isn't your doing this is gods plan. I accept that now you have to do the same" - Rita's death

Dexter "I accept nothing, nothing is inevitable"

Trinity "It's already over, it's already over" - because I've already killed her