Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Favorite Season.

What is your favorite Dexter season?

drig44

[1]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 4

Just finished watching season 4 (actually watched the whole series in the last month) which in my opinion, is the best season so far. it felt like a lot more happened then the earlier seasons.

I'd rate them 4, 1, 2, 3.

First season is second because it is when all the characters are introduced and the show is still a new concept. Second season is pretty close, I really enjoyed the whole Doakes thing. I felt the third season was lacking a bit, can't really explain it, just didn't feel as significant as the other seasons.

Which one so far is your favorite?

Edited on 01/12/2010 9:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

generalbrent

[2]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 15
    Really tough to seperate them! Season 2 was the perfect follow-up to Season 1. Season 3 was definately lacking a little something, but it was still really really good. Season 4 was stunning.

I'd have to rate them 4, 2, 1, 3.

I only rate 2 better than 1 because it was the perfect 'second season'. A lot of shows second seasons can't compare to the first (like in Lost), but with Dexter, it was awesome!

FrostyD7

[3]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 7
    I may grow to like season 4 more and more as time goes on, and how they progress the story next season could help it even more. But i still think that season 1 was absolutely stunning in a way they still havent reproduced. My rankings go 1>4>2>3

2 was predictable for me, we all knew Dexter would live and not get caught, which essentially meant that Doakes would somehow have to die or disappear. Season 3 just didnt do it for me, hard to pinpoint any one problem.

loreleicorinne

[4]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 6
    4-1-2-3 for me as well. I was not a fan of season 3 as much as the other seasons. It just didn't fit right to me. This season proved to be incredibly powerful... Each episode itself had it's own power but at the same time each episode became progressively MORE powerful until the very end- which- was fantastic. Sad, but fantastic.

michaelhanergod

[5]Jan 18, 2010
    season 4 killed it for me in the end. Actually they (the writers) killed the show in the end

Neosword

[6]Jan 18, 2010
    I'll say 1, 2, 4, 3 but Seasons 1 and 2 were both amazing. I loved all of them though.

drig44

[7]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 4
    michaelhanergod wrote:
    season 4 killed it for me in the end. Actually they (the writers) killed the show in the end

SPOILERS---I disagree. The writers are supposed to surprise you and make you have emotion for the characters, they did a great job of both there. Looks like they were planning it for a while (as long as Dexters dad nagged him constantly), around 2 seasons.

archDuke01

[8]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 2
    michaelhanergod wrote:

Dude, you seriously need to lay off on that. Every post you've made on the Dexter forum is badmouthing the season 4 finale.

muggle421

[9]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 13
    Seasons 1 and 2 are tied then 3 and 4 were ok but they werent the same and the first two
    Edited on 02/19/2010 6:27pm

sleepy-sonic

[10]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 19
    Season 2 is my favourite then season 4, season 1 and season 3

teemu79

[11]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 1
    I'd rate them 1 - 2 - 4 - 3. All seasons have been enjoyable, seasons 1 and 2 are awesome, season 4 is really good and season 3 is good.

CaptainHarkness

[13]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 23

Season 1 is my favorite.

This is how I rank them - 1,4,3,2 although this maychange when I re-watch it at some point.

Edited on 03/16/2010 6:40pm

mr0nline

[14]Mar 18, 2010
    I think season 4 was the best and my rank would be 4 - 2 - 1 - 3

Season 1 : was some what expected to me having read the novel " Darkly Dreaming Dexter " it was good though .

Season 2 : was perfect especially the premiere it made my heart jump out .. the hunt for dexter and Doak's and Lila's story lines were simply amazing

Season 3 : started really slow and then it was somewhat expected .

Season 4 : was amazing from beginning to end and Rita's death will make the next season even more interesting .

Good Luck !

AgeofCJ

[15]Mar 19, 2010
    I think Season 3 is a little underrated, it was as good if not better then Season 1. However my ranking is as follows. Season 2, Season 4, Season 1, Season 3.

But Dexter has never had a bad season and if I ever rewatch these it could change.

Dod888

[16]Mar 20, 2010

4-2-1-3 kinda hard to rate them as i love them all, but i really got to say i think season 3 is a bit under rated i like it.

Saiyans91

[17]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 8

I rate 2 4 1 3,

2 was just so amazing! 4 was also extremly good, just a bit over Season 1. Season 3 was alright wasn't as great as the other seasons.

Eenass

[18]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 3

In my opinion, season one was the best. My friend told me a lot about Dexter (she read the books, too) because she was convinced I'd adore it. And she was right Anyways, I knew what to expect but I couldn't imagine it would be this great. I chose season one because it's filled with details about his past and the relationship with his brother Brian which is amazing (and Brian's relationship with Debra, too). I absolutely adore the way Brian communicates with Dexter throughout the season. All the puzzles, mysteries, clues and all. The fact that everybody thinks he's sending messages to the police but the truth is that he's sending them to Dexter and he's the only one who knows that, gives me the chills. Also, their mutual respect and admiration (when Dexter speaks to the wrong Ice Truck Killer and realizes that he doesn't know who he is so he smiles).

Since I wrote this much about my favourite season, I won't review the rest of them so I'll just put them in order (beginning with my personal favourite, ofc):

Season 1

Season 2

Season 4

Season 3

stealth97

[20]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 11

For me the 4th season was the worst. I watched the episodes because I loved the first 3 seasons and I didn't want to give up on this show. The story was moving along to slowly for me. At least they made up by finally getting rid of Rita. I just could not stand her anymore. Her cuteness could not hide the fact that her tone of voice and her nagging in that show really annoyed the hell out of me.