Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Favorite Season.

What is your favorite Dexter season?

MooncalfReviews

[21]May 4, 2010
    • level: 7

Seasons 1 and 2 areeasilythe best. Season 3 was just plain boring and it didn't feel like Dexter, and season 4 was very good, but no match for the shear epic scope of the plots in season 1 and 2. When your first season deals with the true identity of the protagonist and the fate of a forgotten brother, and your second season deals with Dexter's kills being found and the manhunt for him, there really is no contest. It's hard to live up to that in the following seasons.

I just watched all 4 seasons for the first time in the space of 2 weeks, and my order of favourites goes like this: 2, 1, 4, 3.

Edited on 05/04/2010 4:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Damian300669

[22]May 5, 2010
    • level: 6

Defenitely season 4 as my favorite...but since it's the only show I've rated a 10 in my list of favorites, I guess I'd still think every season was perfect in its own right.

4-1-2-3 is my vote.

pro_odeh

[23]May 26, 2010

I've watched all the seasons twice now, and I would rank them like this:

4, 2, 1, 3 (perhaps a tie between 1 and 2).

Season 4: I think was the best until now, since season two the writers have been toying with the idea "can Dexter continue as he does, and still live a "normal" life?". And they answered it very clearly; No, he can't. I think also the guest preformances were amazing, with a lot of plot twists, and the famous absolutely shocking season finale.

Season 2: The first time I watched it I hated the whole Lila-thing. It started out as a bad season for me. But the Doakes-thing was very exciting. But after watching it again I changed my mind. It was more thrilling than I remembered, and overall a very good season.

Season 1: I'm having a hard time putting season 1 and 2 over one another, since they are both great, but in seperate ways. I think many hold on to season 1 as so amazing, since it was all new. But if I have to make a choice I would say 2 is better than 1.

Season 3: This is the "worst" season so far, although it's better than most that's out there. Season 3 never had that "little extra" that the other season have had, although there are many good episodes during the season. But it lacks a bit compared to the others.

I'm very thrilled about season 5, end excited to see what they've got for us next.

TomPedron

[24]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    4-1-2-3 without a doubt. Even though 3 was the worst seasons its still better than most of the crap on TV, just low by Dexter standards

Eulinho7

[25]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 2

2 - 1 - 4 - 3

Season 2 was just amazingly thrilling. Though you knew that Dex would get away in the end, while watching I absolutely couldn't imagine how he could get out of the mess he was in. Though I have to admit the finale was a little bit disappointing because the resolved the main plot too soon into the episode and then focused on the, imo dull and predictable, Lila subplot.

But except for Season 3, to which I just couldn't connect, every Season was really great, and what I loved about it, every Season was different to all the others.

squrmy01

[26]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 1

1 & 4 equal both genuinely enjoyable throughout in a sick twisted way

Abernati

[27]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 5

I'd go 1-4-3-2

Season 1 was flawless, could be a stand-alone by itself. Season 4 was great, as everybody knows.

Lila kinda ruined Season 2 for me with her accent, her face, everything...

noahcrash

[28]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 19
    1st- 4th Season
    2nd- (tie) 1ST AND 2ND SEASON
    3rd- third season

Psychotron7x2

[29]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 8

Season 2 was the best IMO. Its unfortunate that season 3 has been getting a bad rap since it had some of my favorite moments like the cat and mouse between Dexter and Miguel, but it was really slow at the start and the skinner villain was lame. I would rate them as follows:

2>3>4>1

TwistedConverse

[30]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 23
    Season 2 was just perfect. I was totally hooked, couldn't wait for a new episode every week, just loved it. Everything was incredible and Lila was an amazing villain.

Season 4 was also incredible, especially the last 4 episodes. Arthur was an amazing villain, the shock of Christine being his daughter made my jaw drop, Rita dead in the bathtub made it drop ever further. The Thanksgiving episode genuinely creeped me out as well.

Season 3 was also very brilliant but not as great as the above two. The finale was also a bit flat, they concluded the Miguel storyline too soon imo.

I still haven't seen Season 1, I started with S2. I must get round to that!

a_noob_is_rokz

[31]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 9
    4>2>1>3

I have a really hard time choosing between 2 and 4. I liked Dexter (the character) the best in season 2. I really loved his soul-searching with Lila. It also contained the "I own you," scene that I adore so much.

Season 4, however, did everything else perfect. Really the only flaw I can find with it is how drawn-out the plot between Batista and LaGuerta was, but I'm willing to overlook that because I like Batista. John Lithgow's performance as Trinity was absolutely incredible. I had the twist ending spoiled for me and yet somehow it still managed to shock me. Hungry Man is probably my favorite episode ever and the "GET THE **** OFF HIM!!!" scene had me cheering.

Season 1 was good, just not as good as the other two in my opinion. I loved the cat and mouse between Dexter and Brian and I prefer the more sociopathic Dexter to the more human one of later seasons.

Season 3 was kinda bad in my opinion. The big bad of the season was really lame. Up until the last episode he was more of a threat to Deb and Anton than he was to Dexter, and even then he wasn't a convincing threat. He had no backstory or development and unlike the Ice Truck Killer (the other unseen big bad) there was no mystery about his identity or connection to Dexter to keep me interested. He felt more like Dexter's victim of the week than a real antagonist. Miguel Prado was a much more compelling antagonist but he took too long to become anything more than nuisance to Dexter and then he was killed too soon.

Backyardigans7

[32]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 3

I watched all of them, however, I would rate them 4 - 3 - 2 - 1. I hated the first season, how Debra just kept crying and whining in each scene. I liked Season 2, 3, and 4 though, but Season 4 would have to be my fav. The only bad part is Rita dying.

Backyardigans7

[33]Sep 28, 2010

Sins a new season came out, my new vote is:

Season 5 - Season 4 - Season 2 - Season 1 - Season 3

I like Season 1 actually, it was pretty fun but not as good as the other 3, I like it though.

I liked Season 5, the first episode "My Bad" had a discussion, and Dexter noticed Rita's body in a coffin.

Also Season 4 and 2, just not as good as 5, but I like them.

Season 3 just became more boring, and the plot was getting lame for this season.

fujin_mage

[34]Oct 4, 2010

season 4

why: rita died

dannyta2

[35]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    Right now... seasons 1 and 4 are the best ones, i think.

This current season, so far, just doesn't feel like it's all there. I really do hope things do pick up this season, starting with next week's episode (episode 3).

greysanatomy12

[36]Jan 2, 2011
    • level: 16

Now that season 5 is over,my list is:

1) Season 1

2) Season 4

3) Season 2

4) Season 5

5) Season 3

Iamdapwnage

[37]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 16
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

Now that season 5 is over,my list is:

1) Season 1

2) Season 4

3) Season 2

4) Season 5

5) Season 3

How funny, that is my exact order too

rockoverlondon

[38]Jun 15, 2011

DonnaHurrellHa

[39]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 1
    Season 1

Sci-Fi_Fan

[40]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 23
    Hard to say. They're all awesome!