Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

how do you think dexter will end ?

major_csi_fan

[1]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 4

season 8 could be the last season of dexter http://seriable.com/dexter-seasons-7-8-will-likely-be-last-says-showtime-prez-david-nevins/

how do you think it will end , i can see it ending possibly one of4 ways ( i think they would lead up to it all in its final season it wouldnt be another run of the mill reaveal bad guy dexter kills bad guy)

Dexter gets caught and all his crimes revealed ( the season would have to focus on this rather that a killer maybe have a crime discovered like in season 1 - return to sender

dexter dies ( i have no idea how this would be lead up to )

dexter finally gets rid of his dark passger ( with season 6 talking about dexter finding his light and showing him having emotion more this is posible for en ending)

dexter kills deb turns himself in( highly unlikly but with the way season 6 and showed dexter and debra growing apart and deb even asked that question to her shrink it maybe possible)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 22
    Keep Dexter, remove the David.

azumi_mm

[3]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 1
    In a black plastic bag.

yutg25

[4]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 5

In the earlier seasons I thought with Dexter on the table or Dexter on the run from the cops now not so sure...

MichelleWaczy

[5]Dec 15, 2011

I don't think he will ever turn him self in he said it in season 5 I believe and he won't kill him self either. Maybe he will leave on the boat bring his son and ask deb to come too. They haven't showed Cody and his sister that much in this season if at all last time I remember was for dexters sons birthday party and they were talking about moving back with dexter and it never happened!?

MacBratt

[6]Dec 15, 2011
    None of the above.

More likely he would move from Miami. tou never know if they'll want to revive him ;-). Also, don't they need an agreement with Jeff Lindsay about killing him off? (not that TV and books are similar, not at all).

loreleicorinne

[7]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 6
    I would hope for a really dramatic ending, but I'm not sure if they'll do it that way or not. Like him dying, Deb dying, everyone finding out, etc... I imagine it ending a lot more full-circle, him still killing and still working.

inachu

[8]Jun 5, 2012

Dexter WILL NOT END.

As I am the real creator I have the history that goes back to the 1970's when I was just 6 years old.

At age 6 I created my serial killer which came from the abuse my drill sgt father did to me to help keep me sane.

As I got older I in the 1990 the tv shows sucked with mass reruns of any tv show and it sucked.

I went to a website dedicated to new tv show ideas. I submitted my character the same from childhood and

knew that no other character was like him ever! I even explained that most all movies/tv shows have been done and rehashed so often.

Mine was new and fresh. Once I mentioned he was a serial killer who only kills other serial killers Jeff bragged how he was going to take

him and that there was nothing I could do to stop him. THat was 1997. Few days later walking to work I was hit by lightening and rushed to the emergency room. THat tragic event made me forget I ever posted about my character. GEtting hit by lightening is kinda like how a drunk lives. Meaning that I have moments of pure clarity of my timeline and then BAM! I just remembered that now 15 years have past and I forgot how I got ripped off by Jeff Lindsay the character thief.

Jeff Lindsay owes me big time. I could easily win in court and he knows it. No amount of his swagger has proven he is right and me wrong.

I am willing to go on live TV hooked up to a polygraph/lie detector to say once and for all that I AM THE TRUE CREATOR of the serial killer that

Jeff Lindsay later renamed as Dexter.

Jeff needs to grab his balls and man up. No amount of lawyers will erase the life pain of abuse that has made me create the now famous serial killer known as Dexter. Jeff Lindsay needs to seek help why he did those things to me. I think I believe him when he said his wife put a gun to his head to write. I pity him. I pity his wife for threatening him with a gun to force him to write and steal my character.

I want a public apology made to me By Jeff and his wife. His wife is just as guilty as he is for stressing him out like that.

Stivens

[9]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 2

inachu wrote:

Dexter WILL NOT END.

As I am the real creator I have the history that goes back to the 1970's when I was just 6 years old.

At age 6 I created my serial killer which came from the abuse my drill sgt father did to me to help keep me sane.

As I got older I in the 1990 the tv shows sucked with mass reruns of any tv show and it sucked.

I went to a website dedicated to new tv show ideas. I submitted my character the same from childhood and

knew that no other character was like him ever! I even explained that most all movies/tv shows have been done and rehashed so often.

Mine was new and fresh. Once I mentioned he was a serial killer who only kills other serial killers Jeff bragged how he was going to take

him and that there was nothing I could do to stop him. THat was 1997. Few days later walking to work I was hit by lightening and rushed to the emergency room. THat tragic event made me forget I ever posted about my character. GEtting hit by lightening is kinda like how a drunk lives. Meaning that I have moments of pure clarity of my timeline and then BAM! I just remembered that now 15 years have past and I forgot how I got ripped off by Jeff Lindsay the character thief.

Jeff Lindsay owes me big time. I could easily win in court and he knows it. No amount of his swagger has proven he is right and me wrong.

I am willing to go on live TV hooked up to a polygraph/lie detector to say once and for all that I AM THE TRUE CREATOR of the serial killer that

Jeff Lindsay later renamed as Dexter.

Jeff needs to grab his balls and man up. No amount of lawyers will erase the life pain of abuse that has made me create the now famous serial killer known as Dexter. Jeff Lindsay needs to seek help why he did those things to me. I think I believe him when he said his wife put a gun to his head to write. I pity him. I pity his wife for threatening him with a gun to force him to write and steal my character.

I want a public apology made to me By Jeff and his wife. His wife is just as guilty as he is for stressing him out like that.

L. M. A. O.

Funniest post ever! I even had to log in to my old account just to reply! Thanks for that buddy!

gotnodog

[10]Jun 25, 2012
    Stop trying to take credit for Dexter ...Lumpy
    To the guy that thinks he invented Dexter....You need help, I think you are deranged or at the very least very confused. If you persist in slandering that author he will most assuredly seek a legal remedy. YOU will be found liable. It will cost you or your caregiver/Mother/Guardian grief and money to defend and pay punitive damages. You make yourself look very foolish. I am sure that there are millions of Ideas or concepts that were thought of by various individuals. (such as "I wish I could fly in a machine" ....but it took someone actually designing ,working and implementing and putting their blood, sweat, tears and money into making an airplane. THAT is what it means to be the INVENTOR. ) I am a fan of the show and of Mr. Lindsay's work. I say work because he DID something, you sir did nothing but whine about someone "Stealing your character" Get a life you buffoon. Take your lumpy head, limited intellect and stupid Squeaky toy (inachu) nick name and stay in your mothers bedroom wishing you could be a writer. Here's an idea take writing class, because you can't seem to put two sentences together cohesively. Take your meds, Lumpy in Gaithersburg, Maryland and quit damaging the man's reputation you leach.

blackmage8472

[11]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 15

gotnodog wrote:
    Stop trying to take credit for Dexter ...Lumpy

Didn't you read the sign? Don't feed the trolls.

ekiMognoL

[12]Jul 13, 2012
    I honestly, but sadly, hope he dies, or ending up in an asylum or something

This show would be amazing with some sort of happy ending, with a twist of Dexter dying.

It's meant to be. Him just living seems like a boring conclusion to a series like this.

He has to get caught sooner or later

MarkMartella

[13]Jul 15, 2012
    I like the Asylum idea........ I dont think i want to see him die though, Id like the world to find out about him and see how it all goes down, If he ends up locked up or in an asylum there better be a few eps on how he interacts with all the other inmates...... maybe even a couple of In house kills,

nimd4

[14]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    Stivens wrote:
    inachu wrote:

L. M. A. O.

&& then he woke up.

P.S.
    Asylum and/or amnesia sound like a pretty safe bet; No idea how it would work (but you know that he will meet the sickest, most grueling death / end ever )
    Edited on 08/15/2012 8:16pm
    Edited 3 total times.

itsmemadie01

[15]Sep 5, 2012

I think Deb will kill Dexter, it sort of make sense why Deb now is falling for Dex and may actually confusion to follow her judgement as a police officer, a sister who is inlove him as well. But eventually she will kill Dex, my guess.

Andriu1987

[16]Sep 7, 2012
    • level: 2

Well,

my take on the ending is that:

Deb will first be confused over what dexter does, struggle with it and finally... join him.

At some point Dexter might die and Deb might take over. (or see newest Batman for alternative of Dexter's fate)

blackmage8472

[17]Sep 8, 2012
    • level: 15

Andriu1987 wrote:

At some point Dexter might die and Deb might take over. (or see newest Batman for alternative of Dexter's fate)

Sorry, but I think that would be an awful way to end the show. They've specifically set the background of how Dexter became a killer, the whole "born in blood." Even with the other killers (big bad or otherwise) they've had some past trauma, already had some darkness in them, or some other reason. Brian Moser was also born in blood, Lila was an obsessed pyschopath, Miguel had an abusive father and his own darkness, Arthur Mitchell caused the destruction of his family, Lumen wanted revenge for being tortured and raped, Jordan was basically a cult leader who urged friends to rape someone as a teenager, and Travis was just plain crazy. Deb on the other hand, despite an absent father figure she kept trying to impress, had a relatively normal life and became a fighter for truth, justice, the American way, etc. To suddenly turn her into a serial killer, even just turning her into a vigilante without Dexter's ritualized killing style, would ruin the basics of the character.

The way I see it, there are 4 basic endings and the rest is figuring out the details:
    -Dexter dies. And not a natural death, it would beanticlimactic. He's other killed by an enemy, a friend, or himself. Since he has a child suicide should be out since it would be selfish even if the intent is to protect the child.
    -Dexter lives and is captured or turns himself in. Seems possible Deb would finally break down and insist upon this.
    -Dexter lives and runs. Him and Harrison take the dark passenger on the road... unless he develops a good relationship with the woman they're introducing this season, I don't see it happening.
    -Dexter lives and stays. Basically Deb agrees to keep his secret but sets new rules for him.

dex073

[18]Sep 10, 2012
    • level: 11

I was thinking before dexter became a father that he could "kill himself" as in kill someone who deserve to die like that young teenager jeremy something did in season 1 but not anymore, i think deb should somehow forces dexter to turn himself in

susmart3

[19]Sep 12, 2012

As long as he doesn't end up in a hospital (of any kind) with the premise

"Oh, it was all a dream. He just thought he was a serial killer..."

That's all I ask.

bluon

[20]Sep 21, 2012

Dexter confesses to Deb. He tells her of Harry's code and how it has kept him safe all these years. Ultimately, Dexter sheds his dark passenger and finds the light that is alluded to in season 6. In trying to redeem himself, he is killed in front of Harrison by someone he is hunting down. Deb then raises Harrison and teaches him Harry's code, starting the cycle again.

Seems to make sense based on the story lines they set up all season 6. Then again, who knows.