Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

how do you think dexter will end ?

ChocolateBabz

[21]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 3

Dexter will give up his murdering ways for a new life with Deb and they will ride off into the sunset to live a happy life. Flash Forward 20 years and Dexter walks in on a murder scene with Harrison standing over the body with a knife [Roll Credits].

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

smoke-monster

[22]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 2

I bet there'll be an epic lightsaber fight between Dex and Masuka in the final episode.

Merkavar

[23]Oct 2, 2012

i think he will be out serial killed. a bigger serial killer will move to miami and they will buck head and dexter will lose. maybe taking deb or someone else down with him.

EdmundAllen

[24]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 4

gets killed by cops, suicide, gets rid of his " dark passenger" and no longer has the need to kill.

i can see a potential spin off harrison 20yrs after dexter is now cop with homicidal tendencies but he does not act on them until he is pushed to do so by a serial killer in the season 1 finale.

season 8 will be the last one with a 2 season story arc.

bluon

[25]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 1
    Merkavar wrote:

i think he will be out serial killed. a bigger serial killer will move to miami and they will buck head and dexter will lose. maybe taking deb or someone else down with him.

I agree that Dexter will get killed off, but I'm guessing Deb survives. Someone would need to take care of Harrison and who better to teach the kid Harry's code.

fujin_mage

[26]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 7

I hope it ends with dexter free to continue killing the wicked, deb either finds a way to deal with it, or dies (in the series final of course)

On another note, it would be cool if dex finally found a girl he could be himself with, so far lillah(season 2) and lumen (season 5) were able to deal with dexters darkness, but they were both just way wrong for dexter..

it would be cool if the last 5 - 10 min took place in the far away future, with dex and harrison killing the wicked together......... but hey thats just what i would want

nutcrackr

[27]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 6
    bluon wrote:

Dexter confesses to Deb. He tells her of Harry's code and how it has kept him safe all these years. Ultimately, Dexter sheds his dark passenger and finds the light that is alluded to in season 6. In trying to redeem himself, he is killed in front of Harrison by someone he is hunting down. Deb then raises Harrison and teaches him Harry's code, starting the cycle again.

Seems to make sense based on the story lines they set up all season 6. Then again, who knows.

Not bad, not bad at all. Although technically harrison has already been "born in blood" after Rita was killed by Trinity. A twist on that would be dexter and deb are both killed and somebody else takes harrison in. I am a sucker for cyclic endings.

Removing the dark passenger is certainly a possibility given season 5 and Deb's new code. The possibilities are completely wide open.

BenKelley

[28]Oct 11, 2012
    Dexter dies with the dark passenger leaving him, promising Debra to look after Harrison. On whether she'll teach him the code, that would be up to speculation. Or we'll get a twist with Debra being revealed as the next dark passenger as she wraps up a victim, mu ha ha.

Forces_Edge

[29]Dec 3, 2012

I think it could end and would be cool if it did in a way where Dexter has been caught and all his inner monologues from the show and his conversations with his dad are either a Hannibal Lecter type speech he is giving someone investigating serial killers or his last words and he is being taken to the chair or something.

maprich

[30]Dec 4, 2012

Speculation based on season 7 ep. 10:

Debrah barely survives what looks like Hannah's attempt to poison her. Dexter blames Hannah which creates tension. Finally when all things spiral out of control (and Dexter is about to be catched by LaGuerta) Dexter ends up killing Hannah at same time when Hannas poison finishes Dexter. In the end they so deserved each other! Neat and fitting closure.

But then the rumors say there's still season 8 coming.. so what can they whip up for one season?

pumpkinhead2

[31]Dec 8, 2012
    No ... I bet it was just Debs medications . Although Hannah might get the blame.

pumpkinhead2

[32]Dec 8, 2012

I don't know how the series will end but I bet there will be a spin off series called "Angels place"

Angel will hunt down and kill criminals and dispose of their bodies by serving them up in his restaurant.

maprich

[33]Dec 9, 2012

pumpkinhead2 wrote:

Angel will hunt down and kill criminals and dispose of their bodies by serving them up in his restaurant.

haha Laughing although serving the bones and intestines might require quite exotic menu. While the Miami Metro of the Dexter series are a bunch of unprofessional clowns the ordinary customers might get suspicious Wink

Dec1964

[34]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 35

I have no idea how this season will end, who knows it might carry over

to season 8.

pumpkinhead2

[35]Dec 18, 2012
    What would be the worst thing that could happen to Dexter?

Answer that and I think you will have the end for Dexter.

Like any good morality play Dexter will get his comeuppance.

The most important person in Dexter's life is Deb. The scene in which Dexter offered up his own life to Debra in order that she could save her own soul showed that Dexter valued Debra above his own life. So my prediction is that Dexter will indeed live through the end of the final season. Deb won't.

In fact Dexter may have to put her down. Perhaps she will be so wrought with guilt by the end of next season that he will see it as doing her a favour. Dexter will then be left to contemplate all of the innocent lives that have been lost or ruined as an indirect or direct consequence of his actions. Perhaps he might turn himself in or maybe he will just shrug it off and go back to killing. I find it hard to believe that he will be bought to justice by the Miami Metro Police Department who would appear to have difficultly finding their own ass cheeks with both hands let alone outsmarting Dexter.

RockxySaint

[36]Dec 28, 2012

Considering Dexter now takes responsibility himself (the scene where he decided blaming the Dark Passenger was a childish way to keep from accepting responsibility for his actions) plus he has finally killed off everyone involved in his mothers murder, I think he may slow or stop the killing.

The other thing I can see happening is him getting a little reckless with thisnew-found acceptance ofresponsibility.
    TakeHanna'sdad for instance- He just dumped him overboard, no weights, no bags.... that was sloppy
    Remember when they were closing in on the Butcher and discovered he used rocks to weigh the bags down?

Either the writers were getting sloppy, or his body is going to wash up somewhere.
    I grew up in Miami, 2 years ago someone tried to dispose of a body Bay Harbor Butcher style and body parts, some still in their trash bags, were washing up all over the shore.

Dexter similarities for that incident aside, bodies and parts wash ashore pretty often in Miami. Unless that was sloppy writing, Hannah's dad should be washing ashore.

I hope it doesn't end with him getting caught.

Mangalore

[37]Dec 30, 2012
    Given he murdered or wanted to murder two people for no valid reasons whatsoever (even if you buy into his code BS) and pulled Deb down to his level I think he needs to die for the series to end. Possibly a self sacrifice.

As Deb murdered La Guerta I fear she might be on the way out, too. Possibly she kills herself and triggers that Dexter sees he has no future. Or she rebounds and will stop him. In essence by now arrest and an open case would hurt far too many people so if the chance of discovery becomes too high Dexter could possibly accept getting killed and disappear rather than being arrested.

Overall I hope Dexter will have to face his actions and either die or get caught. Any other cop out that would suggest a happily ever after for him would feel kind of cheap.

@poster before me: There was a chain attached to the feet of Hannah's father as he was dropped into the ocean.

BlackDorian

[38]Mar 18, 2013
    I totally agree. I think Deb's killing LaGuerta is going to permanently scar her and she will have to kill Dexter as some sort of penance. I think she might then also kill herself, but then what happens to Harrison? Maybe she'll take him under her wing, worrying that Harrison will turn out like Dexter and will need a new, different "Harry."

blackmage8472

[39]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 15

BlackDorian wrote:
    I totally agree. I think Deb's killing LaGuerta is going to permanently scar her and she will have to kill Dexter as some sort of penance. I think she might then also kill herself, but then what happens to Harrison? Maybe she'll take him under her wing, worrying that Harrison will turn out like Dexter and will need a new, different "Harry."

Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that Deb will have to kill Dexter. However, I think she'll find a reason to live in taking care of Harrison.

articnights

[40]Jun 3, 2013
    • level: 4
    I think Hannah should kill Dexter...Deb kills Hannah. Deb is free to live her own life and raise Harrison...Harrison should never know what his father was; therefore Dexter's memory is not shattered.