Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

How many seasons of dexter,and how will it end

PB4LIFE

[1]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 8

sorrry if this has been brought up before new to the show and love it

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[2]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    I think there are 2 natural endings for the show. The first would involve Dexter being killed in some way. Maybe by another Serial Killer or by way of the Death Penalty or something, it only seems fitting that such a monster be put to Death. The other way is if they just leave the story open, with Dexter happily continuing his way of life and leaving us to wonder if he really ever will be caught.

poulters

[3]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 18

is there a season three coming out

TesserT

[4]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 84
    poulters wrote:

is there a season three coming out

Season 3 starts Sept 28th on Showtime (posted in the 'Season 3 is a go' thread)

michaelhanergod

[5]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    Dexter is not a monster. he is like The Punisher. Punishing the wicked. He is somesort of an anti-hero

hawksie

[6]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    I wouldn't call Dexter a monster either. He's sort of like the perfect vigilante.

For seasons I'm thinking it shouldn't go past 5. Just because of the type of show it is it'd be hard to keep the quality storylines coming after awhile. End it while it's in it's prime time. I'd like for it to end with Dexter 'getting away' leaving us with the message that he continues his work, but either way I'm sure we won't be dissapointed!

abstinent_toast

[7]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 2

From some peoples point of view dexter is/is not a monster, but dexter said it himself that he is a very neat monster.

JagsFan1

[8]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    knowing showtime who knows I hope it last for a while and not like Sleeper Cell which they axed after 2 Seasons.

xDexterMorganx

[9]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    I'm gonna guess 4 seasons. As for the ending, the last scene of season one would have been perfect to end the series on.

WhiteMaelstrom

[10]Aug 3, 2008
    It will probably go on for aslong as it keeps getting decent enough ratings, so hopefully it will continue for awhile.

TheNorm

[11]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    WhiteMaelstrom wrote:
    It will probably go on for aslong as it keeps getting decent enough ratings, so hopefully it will continue for awhile.

That's not exactly how HBO and Showtime likes to do the deeds. Rome ended after only two seasons and I remember the ratings and quality of the show particularly to be high, as with Oz, Deadwood, and the Sopranos.

I was a bit disappointed Dexter didn't get caught at the end of season two. Though this would have drastically shortened the series, they can't do a whole season based on catching another bay harbor butcher now.

However, when/if Dexter gets caught, it will be unexpected and quick. Excellent twist, but it's hard to say how exactly this series will end. Maybe a combination scene of when Dexter watched the man in the electric chair and in the present he is in the electric chair.

steve_o2709

[12]Aug 16, 2008
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    I think there are 2 natural endings for the show. The first would involve Dexter being killed in some way. Maybe by another Serial Killer or by way of the Death Penalty or something, it only seems fitting that such a monster be put to Death. The other way is if they just leave the story open, with Dexter happily continuing his way of life and leaving us to wonder if he really ever will be caught.

i agree that they should leave it open

melindakw

[13]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    I believe Rita will die and the kids will ask Dexter to exact revenge on her killer..and he will be shocked that they ask him to do this..but he will do it for them and then his dark passenger will leave him and his desire will now be to protect the kids.

steve_o2709

[14]Aug 17, 2008
    melindakw wrote:
    I believe Rita will die and the kids will ask Dexter to exact revenge on her killer..and he will be shocked that they ask him to do this..but he will do it for them and then his dark passenger will leave him and his desire will now be to protect the kids.

unless he takes the kids when he kills someone i don't see how they would ask him to take revenge for them as they and rita have no idea about his "dark passanger"

vapotrini

[15]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 6

melindakw wrote:

I hope she does get killed. She's the only thing I don't like about the show. Rita and the kids only slow down Dex. I say kill em all off.

melindakw

[16]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    steve_o2709 wrote:
    melindakw wrote:

unless he takes the kids when he kills someone i don't see how they would ask him to take revenge for them as they and rita have no idea about his "dark passanger"

If they witness the murder then they will become vengeful and the story will almost come full circle as Dexter witnessed his own mother's murder and look at what he become.
    Dexter's dark passenger will eventually leave and be replaced by something else and he will have feelings and empathy and be Cody and Astor's protector.
    They won't know he is a killer but their anger will ask him to seek revenge and he will do it and then all three of them will live happily ever after with a deep dark secret.

steve_o2709

[17]Aug 18, 2008
    melindakw wrote:
    steve_o2709 wrote:
    melindakw wrote:

If they witness the murder then they will become vengeful and the story will almost come full circle as Dexter witnessed his own mother's murder and look at what he become.
    Dexter's dark passenger will eventually leave and be replaced by something else and he will have feelings and empathy and be Cody and Astor's protector.
    They won't know he is a killer but their anger will ask him to seek revenge and he will do it and then all three of them will live happily ever after with a deep dark secret.

i can see astor not cody asking for revenge but it depends if they do it at all

avoidz

[18]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    I reckon a maximum of three or four seasons. It'd take an exceptional show to keep plots and characters going for longer, and while Dexter is exceptionally good, I'd hate to see the show end on weak and tired seasons.

Psiphoon

[19]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yea, I hope everything is planned out...

michaelhanergod

[20]Aug 20, 2008
    vapotrini wrote:
    I hope she does get killed. She's the only thing I don't like about the show. Rita and the kids only slow down Dex. I say kill em all off.

Well many like her because Julie Benz is freakin hot. And many like Rita because she is the one thing that keeps Dexter from not going out on a killing rampage. So you are in the minority

Weeds is showtimes highest rated show and it just got renewed for a 5th and 6th season also Lword gets a 6th season.

Dexter is one of showtimes highest rated shows right after Weeds it will have a long life considering how freakin popular this show is everywhere. It is already a ratings hit and a cult show