Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Major plot twist completely ignored??

silent_guardian

[1]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 2

I want to point out a scene back in season 6 involving Louis and Travis, both of whom are dead now..

In S06E12 at around 26 minutes in approximately, Travis is spotted breaking in to Dexter's apartment bringing a parcel consisting of the Ice truck killer hand decorated by Louis, which is indicated in the episode before that. Both of them are dead so it might not matter now but this element in the plot was never explained, the connection between these two. Dexter has always maintained its pin point accuracy but this could have been explored.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Merkavar

[2]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 2

silent_guardian wrote:

I want to point out a scene back in season 6 involving Louis and Travis, both of whom are dead now..

In S06E12 at around 26 minutes in approximately, Travis is spotted breaking in to Dexter's apartment bringing a parcel consisting of the Ice truck killer hand decorated by Louis, which is indicated in the episode before that. Both of them are dead so it might not matter now but this element in the plot was never explained, the connection between these two. Dexter has always maintained its pin point accuracy but this could have been explored.

i dont remember travis bringing the hand. i thought it was louis. maybe you just mistyped.

oh i jsut rewatched it. he didnt bring the hand he just picked up the parcel at the door.

my guess is there is no connection. louis sent the hand cause it was a serial killer item to dexter cause he was annoyed about him not liking the game. had no connection to travis as far as im aware.

blackmage8472

[3]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 15

I think there was an intent for Louis to be a larger character. However my guess is they decided they had better things to use and simply killed him off.

mr_j936

[4]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 1
    I watched that bit again. Travis was walking into Dexter's apartment, he saw a box at the door, he read the label and it was addressed to Dexter and so he brought it in(how nice of him) but he did not bring it with him...