Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

POLL on Deb and Dex -- Keep it or Leave It?

Do you want to see Deb and Dexter as a couple?

BLinus4815

[1]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 8

I guess it doesn't really bother me since we didn't see too many flashbacks of Deb and Dex growing up. So, I'm all for it. These two characters are so damaged that I can't see them connecting with anyone else. Besides, they're always sacrificing something for each other (Dex killed Brian for Deb's safety, and Deb skipped her flight with Lundy to help Dexter in season 2, and so on).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WillYouKindly

[2]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 8
    I really hope they drop it. If they don't it's going to be even more ridiculous next year. How can Deb stay in love with a murderer?

blackmage8472

[3]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 15

WillYouKindly wrote:
    I really hope they drop it. If they don't it's going to be even more ridiculous next year. How can Deb stay in love with a murderer?

Echos of season 1...

That said I think their relationship has gotten even more complicated with Deb finding out about Dex.

Mr_Ozzy

[4]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 35

I really hope they just drop it next season.

I'm just glad they didn't take it any further this season, it's completely unnecessary and could absolutely ruin the show.
    If they go down this road, there could be no coming back.

My hope is that with what happened at the end of the finale we won't hear about it again, and it will just be about what she saw and the consequences of that.

Smango

[5]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 1

blackmage8472 wrote:

WillYouKindly wrote:

Echos of season 1...

That said I think their relationship has gotten even more complicated with Deb finding out about Dex.

I agree!

azumi_mm

[6]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 1

I hope they having a relationship. Love each other passionately for 6 months, than kill LaGuerta, rape Quinn, punish Masuka (basically Deb dancing naked in front of Masuka who is gagged and bound while Dexter is whipping the cream out of him), meet Louis in his own apartment and shove that ITK's plastic-fantastic arm/hand up his geeks as*, and afterwards having dinner with Sergeant Batista and his lil sis.

Edited on 12/22/2011 10:43am
    Edited 3 total times.

loreleicorinne

[7]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 6
    I hope they wind this storyline up - not just drop it - but I don't think it would make sense for them to date in the show. It is contrary to their roles in the show. I think the incestual themes are interesting and natural as they've been so far but I think anything more than those "Do I love him?" questions in therapy would be pushing it.

major_csi_fan

[8]Dec 24, 2011
    • level: 4

I personaly hope they drop it but i recently rewatched season 1 and dexter does say " if i did have feelings , i would have them for Deb" wheather or not it is in a sexual nature i don't know , But considoring what deb now knows about dexter part of me thinks the only reason they had deb "in love" with dexter was to make what she would later learn about him more of a shock considoring her feelings about dexter. So noe of what has happened she probebley won't have those feelings now but

*SPOILERS FOR BOOK 1*

Deb does learn that dexter is a serial killer and actually encourages him with it so she may take them same stance in season 7