Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

S06E10 "Talk To The Hand" Discussion

kingoffheg

[1]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 11

Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Endoplasmic888

[2]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    Eww. Dexter and Debra.

QueenOfGaming

[3]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 3

my thoughts exactly. why why why!?

jiko25

[4]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 2
    actually i'm all for it. this would be a cool plot development in the next episode or even the next season. this was completely unexpected for me and I like that it blindsided me. Shows that this show can still knock you on your a@#.

jiko25

[5]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 2
    oh plus, with one episode left, how will dexter get Travis?

kingoffheg

[6]Dec 12, 2011

I found myself to be disappointed with this episode, I just felt like it was chaotic/messy... also I don't like the Deb/Dex story

kepa55

[7]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 8

Quite the anticlimax. I though Wormwood would be the main story in this episode (something like those numerous CTU infiltrations in 24), instead, it was dealt with in a few seconds. Batista being rescued right when Travis was about to kill him... that was cheap. The dead hooker story? What? That's it? With just one episode to go, I'm thinking this whole Louis deal will be carried over to the next season; maybe the final scene this year will be Dexter opening the box and finding the ITK hand - otherwise, I can't see them resolving that plot in a satisfying way this year.

Again, Deb was pretty much the star of this episode. Dexter was (for the nth time this year) acting either stupidly or out-of-charater. It was also nice to see Quinn sober for a change, but seriously, if the only outcome of all this Quinn/Batista comedy show is that they're no longer partners, I'm very disappointed..

Deb/Dex... well, as Deb said, oh f***! It's certainly something that always could happen (just remember how seriously messed up both these characters are), but I never though it would.

s1ckie

[8]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 5
    Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter is husband and wife

tryagainlater

[9]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 6
    s1ckie wrote:
    Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter is husband and wife

Apparently, they recently divorced so these sscenes must be really awkward for them

kingoffheg

[10]Dec 12, 2011

I just want to point out how well-acted, disturbing and amazing the scene in which Travis tells Beth that she's lucky/blessed is. For the first time, I felt like Travis was a threat of any form. I hope we see more twisted speeches from him in the season finale!

With that said, the Travis character feels very underdeveloped. I wish they'd let us know him more... I also wish that he was switching between the good and bad Travis, that would have been more interesting!

It's also sucky that Professor Gellar has completely disappeared... I thought that he'll always be haunting Travis once he was revealed to be dead, turns out it was the opposite!

major_csi_fan

[11]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 4

First of all the deb and dexter issue it was only a dream and i hope it stays that way, mainly because i can see lots of fans complaining if they do go down that road of making deb and dexter a couple, I am VERY interested with louis and what will happen with him they are theories he is another brother or maybe the son of ITK who knows and it probebley won't resolve till next season , And with only one episode left looks like the preview jamie or harrison will die but i can;t see the writers doing a child death so it will most likely be jamie . I wonder if travis will end up on dexters table but if he is part of me thinks it maybe a quick death ( like lilah from season 2). but i think next week will be awesome so long as if travis does end up on dexters table they leave enough time to make travis suffer and maybe they will even tell travis he killed his own siter ( why did dexter not tell him :S )

TamikaWilliam1

[12]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 1

i am so addicted to Dexter now...i will go back an watch all seasons when this is over..i want dex in my life!!!

TeeniTan

[13]Dec 12, 2011
    i actually like the whole deb/dexter twist and i really want to see were it goes from there.

FCBarca

[14]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 15

Good grief, this series has really tanked in a way I never believed possible...It really as if the original writers went on strike and left the story up to someone else...Fumes, I am beginning to question whether this will go the way of Lost and finish on fumes

TylerA46

[15]Dec 13, 2011

I really hate a careless, stupid Dexter.

He was like this vs Trinity and now again. Travis is a geek, he should have been killed a million times already.

I already hate the finale after watching the trailer. A lot more stupidity.

DavidJackson8

[16]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 10
    I thought this whole episode was too anticlimactic in everything they did. I thought Batista being captured was going to be much bigger, but that was over with in the first 10 minutes of this episode. I also thought the Wormwood attack would be more significant, but no, that was disposed of just as quickly. Dex and Deb kissing was a little odd, but at the very least, I was excited about it. Not *that* kind of excited, but excited that at the very least it was interesting and slightly surprising, especially compared to the rest of the unsurprising season. But no, of course Deb wakes up right away and it was just a creepy wet dream she was having. Finally, Dexter getting nauseated and dizzy just as he was about to attack Travis was something fun and entertaining. When Travis took the needle from Dexter's hand and injected him, I was like "Yay, the season finale may be able to partly save this season." But, alas, that was not the case. Instead, Dexter was immediately tied up on a boat and surrounded by fire in the ocean. Of course, even that was anticlimactic, as Dexter untied himself, went in the ocean, and fled the fire. Oh, I never found the Deb-Matthews-LaGuerta plot interesting, but even that was done as anticlimactically as possible. It also sucked in a lot more ways because I wanted LaGuerta to die, not get a promotion. Ugh. I hate her.

Wickedjelly

[17]Dec 13, 2011

FCBarca wrote:

Good grief, this series has really tanked in a way I never believed possible...It really as if the original writers went on strike and left the story up to someone else...Fumes, I am beginning to question whether this will go the way of Lost and finish on fumes

Yep...really has gone downhill. Such a shame to see where this show is heading.

No1Slayerette

[18]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 9

kepa55 wrote:

With just one episode to go, I'm thinking this whole Louis deal will be carried over to the next season; maybe the final scene this year will be Dexter opening the box and finding the ITK hand - otherwise, I can't see them resolving that plot in a satisfying way this year.

My thoughts exactly. Yes, I think that would be an absolute perfect final scene for this season. I'm betting Jamie dies, at the moment Louis still seems a little naive and perhaps over his head with his obsession with Dexter and serial killers, but Jamie's death might lead him to discover Dexter's involvement with Travis (as well as the Ice Truck Killer which he's pretty much close to figuring out anyway), thus learning about Dexter's true nature. Jamie's death would serve as a nice catalyst for perhaps revealing Louis' own dark passenger. Plus having his sister murdered might give Batista something interesting to do.

So disappointed that the posinous gas wasn't released and everyone miracoulously escaped, expect for the LaGuerta who died in the same horrible way as Beth with bloood splurting everywhere.

yutg25

[19]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 5

Best episode in awhile.

I'm a bit apprehensive with the whole Dex/Debra choosing to ignore that for a while.

I think the set up is pretty good wormwood thing was anticlimactic I thought it would be the last too. Should've known it wasn't cause Travis didn't pull it off himself. I don't think Travis is gonna end up on Dexter's table. I think he'll end up at the end of Debra's gun on this one. The whole Dexter devil mural thing got me worried a bit because it would raise question on how Travis knew about Dexter's face but with Dexter as the hero of wormwood the only known Tableu that didn't go right. Travis could see Dexter as the devil. SO even if Travis is caught alive Dexter's passenger is safe.

I think Deb will figure out Dexter was the target of the lake of fire and thats why the whole preview thing with Deb relieve at seeing Dexter. (Furthering the ignored issue)

I think with the assurance of season 8 They are looking Long Term hence the reason for the intern thing

haldrey

[20]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 22
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    Eww. Dexter and Debra.

Eww is right but it was only a dream, let's keep it at that. One episode left, a lot of thing are going to happen in that one.