Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Season 6

articnights

[1]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    I know a Season 5 is guaranteed - will there be season's beyond 5 - does anyone know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kavselj

[2]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    I hope season 5 is the last. While I was surprised with the way the managed to make season 4 so amazing, they have sort of put themselves into a position where they can just keep on dragging it. They will sooner or later find a connection between Trinity and Dexter. A lot of loose ends to tie in season 5

articnights

[3]Dec 14, 2009
    The ending of season four leaves it wide open to new possibilities. I can't elaborate for those who haven't seen the finale.

Timewhisper

[4]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    I can see them doing a season 6, if 5 goes well.

michaelhanergod

[5]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 7

They have to end it on a high

spoiler!

with such an ending they really have to end it after the 5th season. It can't go further then that. Rita is dead, will he be on the run, will he tell the police, how can he tell the police that the trinity killer killed Rita which is not even in his pattern. And not to mention he was at trinity's house before the other cops and now trinity killed her. This is no longer a coincidence and the police can see that something is wrong with Dexter. Not to mention Batista saw trinity with Dexter at the police station. This show can't go further the season 5. to go further would be ridiculous Even Clyde Phillips thought that

Edited on 12/15/2009 7:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Bjornetass

[6]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    Batista seeing Trinity at the police station talking to Dexter can be shrugged off. Dexter says something along the lines of "How can i help you sir", so it can be written off as a serial killer playing with the police and taking the risk of walking into the station, as if taunting them, BUT Dexter being at Trinity's house at the same time as the police without a vest on,, this will no doubt set things in motion with Debra where she will find out the Dark side of Dexter.

I dont think a season 6 is on the cards. I think season 5 will be about Dexter falling apart and Debra putting the pieces together and arresting Dexter. Dexter will be caught and given the death sentence at end of season 5,,, though i hope not.

After watching the interview on TV.com between the two actors behind Trinity and Dexter, it sounds like Dexter will be darker than ever in Season 5, maybe not even bothering to hide behind his mask. Could he quit his job and be a serial killer full time maybe?

saddledup48

[8]Jan 30, 2010

How do you know this??

I know the show is loosely based on the books from the first 2. From # 3 on I did not think they were taking anything from the books.

If you are saying that as long as someone has Dexter in print they will make movies (Meaning the series) I don't think so. I don't think the two are related at all.

drig44

[10]Feb 1, 2010
    saddledup48 wrote:

How do you know this??

I know the show is loosely based on the books from the first 2. From # 3 on I did not think they were taking anything from the books.

If you are saying that as long as someone has Dexter in print they will make movies (Meaning the series) I don't think so. I don't think the two are related at all.

Hmm, I may be wrong, I started reading the first book a few weeks ago, and I figured it was based all the way through, after skimming through the plot on Wikipedia for the 3rd book, looks like I am wrong.

DrGeller

[11]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 3

Apparently, there's not going to be a sixth season. Season five is going to be the season's finale.

Listen to the last part of the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzyF9SlExlQ

Neosword

[12]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 6
    DrGeller wrote:

Apparently, there's not going to be a sixth season. Season five is going to be the season's finale.

Listen to the last part of the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzyF9SlExlQ

I believe what he was referring to is that at that time the show had been renewed for the fourth and fifth seasons. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't order more.

JoeWashington8

[13]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 9

I think the show should end with Season 5 and that the producers and writers of the show should take this season asa opportunity to have all bets off. Have Deb know Dexter's secret, show the consequences of that, have Dexter fall out of control a bit. End the series on a high note instead of dragging itfor a sixth season. Let the show end with a bang instead of a whimper which is where the show Weeds is heading towards.

vstherevolution

[14]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 26

Don't remember exactly where I read it but I know there's an interview with Michael C. Hall where he mentions that it doesn't feel like the story is wrapping up at all and they're nearing the end of filming the fifth season. So if I had to guess I'd say there will be a season 6 but that it'll likely be the last. It would make a lot of sense for them to end it there.

Seasons 1-2 being about Dexter learning about his past and growing to accept who he is, what he is. Seasons 3-4 being about him growing to want a real life, friends, and trying to balance his desire for a family life and his dark passenger. Seasons 5-6 being him coming to terms with the fact that he couldn't maintain a family and still satisfy the dark passenger, and more than likely, him finally being discovered for what he is at some point, and the chaotic aftermath of that.

From the looks of it Dexter is going to be pretty off the rails in Season 5, really giving into the dark passenger. The tone will get very dark and he'll react differently to things and do things we've never seen him do before. More genuine emotion. Grief, Guilt, Regret. But eventually he'll find his atonement, have a sort of epiphany, and regain control. Probably to be swiftly taken away by his secrets being discovered by Quinn and Deb though.

Season 6 could then be about what happens when he's discovered, and how he chooses to let it all go down. Would we see him going on the run? That's likely. Giving up the ritual? That'd be really difficult for him to do unless he could finally tame the dark passenger. Committing suicide? Doubtful, that's not his style. Turning himself in? Who knows. Plus all the reactions of everyone at Miami Metro, how they deal with the idea of Dexter being a serial killer and him being right there all along. There's a ton of options though and they'd all be great to watch. If they tried to drag it out to a 7th season though I might start getting worried.

GinaSweeney

[15]Sep 7, 2010

Showtime usually runs 5 or 6 seasons and they usually let you know right off ifthe present seasonwill be the Season finale just like HBO did withthe Sopranos. So I look for a season 6 but nothing beyond that. And a movie would be GR8!!

GinaSweeney

[16]Sep 7, 2010

Weeds season 1 was good 2 was okthen after that it was frickin STUPID! It was like they got all new writers after s02 and it was like you where watching a different show. It just got bad. I think it sucks and its sad cuz they had something for a while.

vstherevolution

[17]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 26

Dexter - Season 5 - EW Magazine Scans(Link says Fringe but it's Dexter)

Just found the interview I was thinking about. FTA -- "I don't get the impression that any endgame is in sight," says the star, whose contract runs through Season 6. "I think there's more story to tell. But I don't count my chickens before they're hatched. Or my victims before they're wrapped up."

LisaWilliams3

[18]Nov 22, 2010

See, I don't want to know what "VIEWERS" are thinking and debating over, I'm trying to find where Showtime gives a definite answer??? I heard from the stars that some things will get tied up but others le, and Millions of other people idolizing a Serial killer and said that's what's wrong with this world and got hooked like everyone else. LOL!

LisaWilliams3

[19]Nov 22, 2010

See, I don't want to know what "VIEWERS" are thinking and debating over, I'm trying to find where Showtime gives a definite answer??? I heard from the stars that some things will get tied up but others will be left hanging. This is the first Season I've seen (this after I gave my family and friends hell, for them and Millions of other people idolizing a Serial killer and said that's what's wrong with this world today (but I watched 1 episode and got hooked like everyone else.) ROFL!!!

amadeus720

[20]Nov 23, 2010

I joined just so I could post on this thread.

I began looking for information on season 6 and find a lot of people saying the same things they said at the end of season 3 and 4. "End the series on a high note instead of dragging it for a 6th (...5th...4th) season" or "How could they possibly go on from here?" to which I say, this is why you don't write for television

Let it go, People. Coming up with reasons that the writers will fail or let the show fizzle is useless. Enjoy it while you got it. I enjoy this show immensely, but it won't go on forever. I'm willing to let them keep doing their thing as long as I'm entertained. Whoever thought, after Rita was killed and Dexter was suspected, that Julia Stiles, an Irish nanny, and a motivational guru/human trafficker would all come into play! I can't wait to see what they do with Dexter in the end of the fifth season. There's little chance it can all be resolved in 3 episodes so if they try a sixth and seventh season, I'll watch that too. I always have the remote if it sucks...

In the meantime I've got five amazing books that take the series in the direction Jeff Lindsey intended. It's a little more fantasy and I know this is a TV website but I'll plug it anyway...go read a book.