Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Season 6

ice_edge

[61]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 13
    Yeah it was still stupid idea if you ask me. They should have saved Lundy for final season.

Yeah he really needs some kind of real adversary. Now with Doukes, Moser, Skinner, Lundy, Liddy, Trinity, That Cop Chick gone Dexter has no real threat. We really need a person that exceeds them all in my opinion. I hope we will get it in final season (let's assume it's season 7). Yes we could argue who is more sadistic and who of them actually showed more "mercy" in the end. Well trinity was a mastermind of his own. he kept his family under iron hand rules and no one ever knew who Trinity really was. All they knew he was nicest person ever. And not get caught for so many years? If that's not genius in his own right I don't know who would be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JazzyJeanR

[62]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 1
    In order for Season 6 to be gripping, the writers have to find a way how to put the trail back on Dexter. Isn't it that the viewers take on a different high during Seasons 1 and 2 when the connection between the ICE TRUCK KILLER and the events that led Doakes to think that Dexter leads a double life, and later found out that Dexter is indeed the BAY HUDSON BUTCHER explored? Remember that La Guerta never really believed that the BHB (Bay Hudson Butcher) is James Doakes. She was insisting that Lindy re-open or take another view on the case to connect some dots even before Doakes' death . This,in my eyes, could be an unrealized effect why La Guerta would rather not re-open cases when 2 of the most personal deaths ,that of Doakes and Ellen, affected her. She managed to accept them but NOT without doubts on her mind. Recall that she did her own sleuthing on Miguel Prado. I think LaGuerta employs the same and gets eemotional on her decision specifically when it comes to re-opening of cases. Why without Batista and the arrogance of Deb, you won't find her intent on re-opening cases no matter how much merit it deserves. La Guerta is always at the behest of the Chief and thus, would rather be good in the eyes of the press and of the chief by solving cases promptly, but not exactly accurately. I think the producers and scriptwriters , at one point, can take it from there on a different level. La Guerta can personally investigate on matters that eluded another angle; a revisit that will also develop her professionally and sense of self; someone who will be more gritty on details.

Add to that Deb's vigilante theory. I do think it should make, even at least one, in their department exclaim " Don't you think there's another Bay Hudson Butcher"? And then Masuka can perhaps innocently reply " Why don't we go seek the waters?" I mean, these are just possibilities. LaGuerta should somehow find a reconnection why all these seemingly "deserved" killings happen again. Quinn is fit since he had seen pictures of Lumen and Dexter on a boat to come into the limelight. The possibilities are endless.

The Trinity killings is also one open possibility,albeit it is now in the FBI's hands. Viewers just care about Dexter a lot and the idea of revealing something that will lead the trail closest to Dexter would be one breathless experience. It would be nice if Deb would do the personal investigation on this. After all, she learned that Dexter suffered the same fate as that of his son, borne in blood. Deb, also, could be assisting on helping La Guerta on the first phases of the investigation until such time it makes her feel that Dexter can just be really connected with the killings.

Just my two cents.

blackmage8472

[63]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 15

JazzyJeanR wrote:
    In order for Season 6 to be gripping, the writers have to find a way how to put the trail back on Dexter. Isn't it that the viewers take on a different high It would be nice if Deb would do the personal investigation on this. After all, she learned that Dexter suffered the same fate as that of his son, borne in blood. Deb, also, could be assisting on helping La Guerta on the first phases of the investigation until such time it makes her feel that Dexter can just be really connected with the killings. Just my two cents.

Pretty much every season there's been a door open for Deb to hunt down Dexter. In season 1 she theorized a woman's murder was the work of a serial killer similar to the Ice Truck Killer, it was in fact Dexter's kill. In season 2, she was a major contributor on the BHB task force. In seasons 3 and 4 she uncovers Dexter's connection to Moser. And of course last season she stood 10 feet away from her brother, Lumen, and Chase's corpse. If they hunt Dexter again then there's no way that Deb isn't a major piece. The question is of course how will she react.

I kinda like the idea that maybe LaGuerta might have been quietly looking into the BHB killings. At some point during the season she's looking over the evidence, finds something strange and needs Deb, her rising star Detective, to give her a second opinion.

JazzyJeanR

[64]Feb 9, 2011

Also, may I add that its is just pathetic that Lundy is gone. Yes, the demise of Lundy was unexpected no matter how much ratings the show has had. But NO, they could've made better use of Lundy. Lundy has almost flawless wits going on for him.

JazzyJeanR

[65]Feb 9, 2011
    blackmage8472 wrote:

JazzyJeanR wrote:
    In order for Season 6 to be gripping, the writers have to find a way how to put the trail back on Dexter. Isn't it that the viewers take on a different high It would be nice if Deb would do the personal investigation on this. After all, she learned that Dexter suffered the same fate as that of his son, borne in blood. Deb, also, could be assisting on helping La Guerta on the first phases of the investigation until such time it makes her feel that Dexter can just be really connected with the killings. Just my two cents.

Pretty much every season there's been a door open for Deb to hunt down Dexter. In season 1 she theorized a woman's murder was the work of a serial killer similar to the Ice Truck Killer, it was in fact Dexter's kill. In season 2, she was a major contributor on the BHB task force. In seasons 3 and 4 she uncovers Dexter's connection to Moser. And of course last season she stood 10 feet away from her brother, Lumen, and Chase's corpse. If they hunt Dexter again then there's no way that Deb isn't a major piece. The question is of course how will she react.

I kinda like the idea that maybe LaGuerta might have been quietly looking into the BHB killings. At some point during the season she's looking over the evidence, finds something strange and needs Deb, her rising star Detective, to give her a second opinion.

Yep, Deb will always be, of course, a major piece on the investigation. The scenario I imagine though is that of LaGuerta, investigating on her own regarding the BHB (perhaps even that one with Trinity) with Deb as her covert partner;something that the rest in the Dept would not be aware of. Something that will require LaGuerta and Deb to work closely together,albeit, unbeknownst to the rest of the department who accept results of their investigation at face value.

landom21

[66]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 3

I think Dexter would have to end with Dexter being found out, and being killed. I think season six HAS to be the season that he is discovered and season 7 being him on the run and showing the effects of the discovery throughout the season. In the end would it be fair to end it with anything but Dexter being killed? He can never stop killing, I think and I think his need will be his downfall.

As to how he his found, I think it will be by Deb or Quinn, or both. Dexter was so close to being caught this season, they can not tease it anymore. I agree that the new killer should be in the police or FBI. That would be great. Someone equal to Dexter.

On an unrelated subject I think LaGuerta or Angel should die. Mainly because I can't stand their relationship any longer, and it is driving me over the edge.

blackmage8472

[67]Feb 18, 2011

landom21 wrote:

I think Dexter would have to end with Dexter being found out, and being killed. I think season six HAS to be the season that he is discovered and season 7 being him on the run and showing the effects of the discovery throughout the season. In the end would it be fair to end it with anything but Dexter being killed? He can never stop killing, I think and I think his need will be his downfall.

As to how he his found, I think it will be by Deb or Quinn, or both. Dexter was so close to being caught this season, they can not tease it anymore. I agree that the new killer should be in the police or FBI. That would be great. Someone equal to Dexter.

I don't think he has to die, especially with Harrison in the picture. I see 3 possible outcomes: 1) Deb catches Dexter but refuses to do anything because of Harrison. 2) Deb catches Dexter and orders him to confess as a way to keep his darkness away from Harrison. 3) Dexter runs as a way to protect everyone. Of these options the first is the worst, despite the fact we see Dexter as an avenger he has killed an innocent and it's probably not the first or last. The third option is anti-climatic. So I kinda like option 2.

PizzaPie11

[68]Apr 8, 2011
    blackmage8472 wrote:

Well if they don't bring Lumen back they're probably going to have to bring in some other female star.

Big question is now, what's next? Season 1: Dexter v.s. Family. Season 2: Dexter v.s. Miami Metro and Doakes. Season 3: Dexter v.s. The Code of Harry and Miguel (sorry, the Skinner wasn't a worth adversary). Season 4: Dexter v.s. Trinity. Season 5: Dexter and Lumen v.s. a rape cult/conspiracy.

Feel free to call this crazy, but I had a weird idea for a season. What if Lundy had an apprentice, someone he trained and he trusted. Him not being in season 2 or 4 could be explained by saying he was kicked out of the FBI or the FBI bureaucracy put him in a different department, whatever. Say this apprentice shows up in Miami with a notebook of Lundy's saying he doubted Doakes was the Bay Harbor Butcher. Not saying that's the whole premise, just a rough outline. There could be several potential surprise twists.

Not a bad idea, but kinda similar to deathnote, and by kinda similar I mean pretty much the same, and that did not work (mainly because the apprentice was basically a clever justin bieber)

JennCrabtree

[69]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 11
    I love love love this show, but what I would like to see for seasons 6 and 7 is a multi season bad guy. It makes it too obvious in the season finales that the "bad guy" will always get killed

BillyFox

[70]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 2
    i believe that season 6 maybe have to do with Dexter son Harrison. it is a good start from zero to teach Dexter his son the things that his father teached him, and Dexter learned from Trinity.

blackmage8472

[71]Apr 24, 2011

JennCrabtree wrote:
    I love love love this show, but what I would like to see for seasons 6 and 7 is a multi season bad guy. It makes it too obvious in the season finales that the "bad guy" will always get killed

The only way to do that is if they're under contract for another season. I believe the cast is currently under contract for just one more season. That said, I've found that 12 fifty minute episodes has been a good amount of time to develop an adversary then kill them off. Each one had pretty much reached their exposure limit. Except maybe Brian, the Ice Truck Killer, it would have been nice if they found a way to keep the character around.

lachlan_j_g

[72]May 1, 2011
    • level: 11

wow just read some of the early posts in this topic - some ideas were way off I heard that they were going to skip a few years into the future when Harrison was a bit older

blackmage8472

[73]May 1, 2011

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/dexter-season-6-3-new-characters.html

New main cast added. Kinda betting this means Lumen doesn't rejoin as a regular.

blackmage8472

[74]May 5, 2011

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/dexter-season-6-more-info-on-new.html

As it says, more info on the new characters. Looks like they're finding a way to basically resurrect Doakes. Guessing the new homicide detective, Quinn, and Dexter are going to have quite a few tense moments.

landom21

[75]May 7, 2011
    • level: 3

Well I think its pretty clear that next season will be the last after that teaser that just came out. All hell breaks loose? Deb saying No, No, No, No! Yeah. This is it. Dexter gets found. Either that or everything is effed up royally. From what Deb was no-ing about either Dexter was caught, or she found a dead body of a personal friend. Or it could be that body proves Dexter to be a killer. I am very excited.

blackmage8472

[76]May 10, 2011

landom21 wrote:

Well I think its pretty clear that next season will be the last after that teaser that just came out. All hell breaks loose? Deb saying No, No, No, No! Yeah. This is it. Dexter gets found. Either that or everything is effed up royally. From what Deb was no-ing about either Dexter was caught, or she found a dead body of a personal friend. Or it could be that body proves Dexter to be a killer. I am very excited.

I'm fairly certain Deb saying "No, no, no" is a line from the season 1 finale when she's finding out about the ice truck killer.

I don't think it's necessarily the end but I wouldn't be surprised if the writers are at least preparing for that possibility. A general description of the season has been released saying Dexter gets back to the "root" and how the relationship between Deb and Dexter evolves. At the very least this is probably the season where Deb finds out about Dexter'sextracurricularactivities.

blackmage8472

[77]May 11, 2011

Season 6 premiere title: "Those Kinds of Things"

Speculations?

chikanoman

[78]May 11, 2011
    • level: 12
    Mos Def, Love this guy.

blackmage8472

[79]May 12, 2011

chikanoman wrote:
    Mos Def, Love this guy.

He certainly has the name to be the biggest big bad of the season... but the description of what he supposed to be does make one question if he's part of the problem or part of the solution. Very interesting.

chikanoman

[80]May 12, 2011
    • level: 12
    blackmage8472 wrote:

chikanoman wrote:
    Mos Def, Love this guy.

He certainly has the name to be the biggest big bad of the season... but the description of what he supposed to be does make one question if he's part of the problem or part of the solution. Very interesting.

Yep can't wait.