Gellar is dead!! Big woof.
Along with the rest of the Dexter universe, this 'revelation' that Gellar has been dead all along didn't come as much of a surprise. Seriously guys, what was the first thing that popped into your head when you saw that freezer?
It was so irritating to watch Dexter and Travis prance around trying to stop Gellar from killing Professor Atheist. Our friendly neighborhood serial killer has never looked this dumb in the show's six season history. Now we know (or we already knew) why Dex hadn't sliced and diced Travis yet. The writers would have been left with 6 episodes and no story. That being said, the question now arises. There are still 3 episodes left. We know Travis is the one and only baddie this season. It took Dexter a single episode after his showdown with Trinity to bump him off. A similar situation has arisen where both Dexter and Travis are now aware of each other's intentions. It will be interesting to see how the cat and mouse game plays out between the two.
I had remarked in my last review 'Lost In Translation' that there was something about nerd dude Louis Greene which made me think he had an important role to play. Spotting the Ice Truck Killer specimen in his apartment was a genuine OMG moment. Now THAT would be a story arc the writers should pursue with renewed vigor. Because let's face it, folks! Unless Brother Sam miraculously comes back from the dead, this season has no hope of providing the zing it so desperately needs.
The most significant and welcome development in this episode was Debra's thirty second screw you speech for LaGuerta. This was a long time coming and it couldn't have happened at a better time. One thing this season has done well so far is develop Debra's character. I'm totally rooting for her to get out of self-destruct mode.
We also found out that Matthews was the mystery john who tried to give the dead prostitute CPR. Really? Could this police department get any worse?
- The details of Quinn's one night stand didn't serve any purpose as far as the story was concerned. But it was FUNNY! Hold onto her, Quinn. She's a keeper.
- I desperately wanted Batista to clean Quinn's clock. Maybe next episode. Quinn has a punchable face.
- Did anyone else catch a glimpse of the bloodstain on the back of Batista's shirt?? Was it just me? It may be nothing, but it doesn't hurt to be observant.
- So how long was Dexter stuck in the elevator? Travis must have worked his ass off to make such good time. It usually takes me a good 3 hours to chop off a hand, scoop out someone's internal organs, and suspend them in giant buckets.
- Nerd dude and the Ice Truck Killer. What's the connection?
Muse on that for a week!
(I named this review 'Swiss Cheese' to signify the number of plot holes in this episode, if you hadn't already figured it out)