Dexter

Get Gellar

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 27, 2011 on Showtime

• A banal episode that is held up by good acting and a hertiage.

The plot is fringing on "economic" in conception - and while I admit that it's difficult to do something 'different" in every series and program this insipid idea has been wrung of all worth... unless there is another "plot twist-twist" then it all seems run of the mill - mutton dressed up as lamb; commercial dressed up as art - and so on...

Dexter is/was an avante-garde program about a conflicted but likeable serial vigilante... now it verges on a desperate housewives pool-boy vendetta... the needless "drama" (rather than true pathos) such as the purile conflict/buddy thing between Angle/Quinn... please!

At least Deb's problems have some relevance in a common background to Dex...

So - I am hoping that there is a "third party" to answer some gaping plot-holes

So - I am hoping that Dexter tightens up his act b4 sloppy work leads to his capture

So - I am hoping that the other cast are not treated as auxilaries to a weak story and used as distractions to loose writing...

Summary - would like to see the "follow-thru" but needing more substance to engage.