Dexter

Go Your Own Way

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 30, 2008 on Showtime

• Brilliant, that's it really

So now we are being paid back for our faith in this show.

I must admit, I am like many here who have thought that this series as been a little sub-par but we are being rewarded for our patience, in spades.

It's good to see that the writers were willing to take a chance on our willingness to sit through the admitedly still entertaining earlier episodes whilst this story line is being set up and other slow burners wait in the back ground.

When I look back on this season I am happy to see that the writers made the decision that they did.

Dexter was running the risk of becoming predictable and boring, with the same old characters but they took the time to introduce new characters and shine a different light on other established members of the cast.

So now we have Dexter apparently abducted by the Skinner. Personally I wish they had come up with a different name for this seasons killer as all I hear is Super Intendant Charmers in the back of my head shouting "Skinner" every time they mention his name, any who...

... it seems that Dexter is really in danger this time, how will he get out of this? And even if he does, Miguel knows his secret so he can't rely on his police friends to come to his rescue as Miguel and the Skinner would surly sing like proverbial canaries?

The show has got into its stride and then some, marvelous.

I can't wait for the next episode, only Battle Star gets me this way these days (the new year can't come quick enough) and I am looking forward to seeing what happens next a little too much perhaps.