Dexter

Hello, Dexter Morgan

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 06, 2009 on Showtime

• "Hello, Dexter Morgan."

Seriously, how good has John Lithgow been this season? For that matter, how good has Michael C. Hall been? Together, these two actors are raking up some good scenes, bringing out the best of each other. This cat and mouse game is one of the most intriguing storylines Dexter has had in awhile. It's making for some great television, the kind that makes you want the week to fly by so you can see what happens next. It's a shame Season 4 is ending now, because I have a feeling there will be a lot of buzz surrounding the ending (if my expectations are met)

Seeing Dexter flat-out murder Beaudry the way he did was pretty interesting, especially since he didn't seem to be abiding by the code much. He knew that this guy was on Lundy's list of criminals, but still.. there's loads of criminals in the world, and the only reason Dexter chose this one was to push forward his own agenda. That's not something he does often, and when he does, it's a pretty big deal.

I'm glad they got the Rita/Elliott thing off of the table. To see that dragged out is the last thing we would've needed, but it was nice to see Dexter punching him in the face regardless. It was a nice way to close it up. However, I don't know how I feel about the marriage of Batista and LaGuerta.. it just seems strange and random (although I suppose that was the point) and I guess I really didn't see them going down this road.

However, everything else was top-notch. Deb continues to get better scenes than she's gotten in years, and every actor seems to be on their game. There should be at least a couple of nominations this year for Dexter in terms of acting. Very good stuff, and next week's looks amazing. What a great way to finish off the year.. a little bit of Dexter finale.