Dexter

Lost Boys

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 29, 2009 on Showtime

• not great

this show is struggling in my opinion, the lame twist at the end of Hungry Man, now this episode. Arthur is a great and creepy character, but I'm having a hard time seeing how Dexter could kill him given that Arthurs whole family knows Dexter, is not in name then at least what he looks like and what he did at Thanksgiving... Now.. I would like someone to explain to me how Dexter, who in an earlier season was able to fight Doakes, an ex special forces soldier, then cop, to a standstill, but he struggles to disarm a flabby 60 year old man wielding a shovel. Strange also, that Dexter did not think to maybe bring a syringe of his knockout drug with him... what exactly was he planning to do when he found Arther and the boy? I guess the cops won't be looking up Christines birth records and then immediately securing a warrant for her fathers arrest? I would have thought they would have done that the second they matched the DNA of Christine to Trinity... guess not. I don't like the inconsistency of the cops be alternately clever (Trinity works in the school system) and then incredibly stupid (Christine is related to Trinity, lets NOT look into her birth records NOR should we secure a warrant to arrest her father, who is 50- 60 years old and works in the school system and try to apprehend him at his house where we could also get a pic of him, or at his job... and do all this maybe BEFORE we arrest her, so he won't have any warning) thats a hard sell.
SHOXW