Dexter

My Bad

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 26, 2010 on Showtime

• This episode was A-mazing!!! Michael C. Hall at his best! So was Deb, all great acting! The story was beautifully and carefully threaded and we are in for a treat this season if the rest of the season is going to be like what we saw last night.

This episode was A-mazing!!! Michael C. Hall at his best! So was Deb, all great acting! The story was beautifully and carefully threaded and we are in for a treat this season if the rest of the season is going to be like what we saw last night. Now onto some interesting points I have to mention. Now, for the record, I want to state that I do not base any of the things that I am about to say on spoilers because I do not care for spoilers and stay as far from them as possible. I recently did a rewatch of the entire series and watched last night's episode 3 times now. So all I am about to say is my own personal opinion. OK, so here's what I think of the situation. We all know Dexter didn't kill Rita, not possible so I'm not even going to speculate on the idea. However, I am giving serious thoughts as to whether it was Trinity or not. I don't think it was. Killing a married woman in a bathtub and leaving a baby in a pool of blood was not Trinity's MO. He has always killed single women in bathtubs and never left witnesses even if it was just a baby. However he has killed a married woman in a bathtub before (only one whose husband got convicted for the murder). We saw Deb interview the guy. But that was 30 years ago and most likely Trinity's first kill. The married woman was always the jumper, and she always had only 2 kids, not 3. Also, there was no mention of a smudge left in Rita's crime scene, nor was her finger pointing to anything. Now it could be that they just didn't mention to the viewers that there was a smudge, but they mentioned that in every single one of Trinity's kill why leave this one out? So with that in mind it leads me to believe that it must have been someone else who killed Rita. It could be one of 2 people: either someone who found out about who Dexter really is and is playing games with him, or someone from his past who would know the details of his mother's crime scene to stage it back in Dexter and Rita's place to make it look like it (hint what Dexter says at the end of season 4 "Born in blood both of us"). I think I need more information to pick which of the 2 it really is, so maybe another few episodes and we might get more clues. However, I am leaning towards the first one (someone who found out) because we've already got someone from his past coming back to haunt him (AKA Ice Truck Killer). I am so glad Dexter is back. It has been a long time waiting. Let the good times begin now.