Dexter

Nebraska

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 13, 2011 on Showtime

7.9
  • The Harrison Effect (suite).

Another intense and great episode into Dexter's inner journey. Last week I wrote: "While he may now seek refuge in his brother to avoid the suffering, I believe it is temporary. Dexter has to exorcise his brother through Harrison before he can move into a lighter shade of life. The Jonah story, next week, is a perfect setup for that." and that is exactly what happened.

Dexter has shown sadness, again, when Jonah talked about his sister. We saw him shook out of Brian's influence when Jonah said: "I am my father's son". I think we've never seen Dexter so tortured: "What if this were my son?" The thought of Harrison, more than his link to Brother Sam, was the main motivation in Dexter's following actions. Nonetheless, we could feel the influence of Sam when Dexter told Jonah to forgive himself.

Dexter didn't run over Brian Moser with his car... he ran over the old Dexter. He had to hit rock botttom, return to his darkest self, in order to exorcise it.

Now he his ready to meet his greatest and final test: his confrontation with Travis/Gellar...
    Man, that is going to be epic.