Dexter

Nebraska

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 13, 2011 on Showtime

7.9
  • Great episode. I'm really enjoying all this season. A bit disappointed 'though, when Bro Sam died last week. If you haven't watched the episode, don't read this review 'cause spoilers are following.

Since the beg of Dexter, I've always thought that our serial killer needed a sort of "light" counterbalance (either by his ghost father or by the once living Rita, who is now dead and, for the moment, excluded from the show and more recently, Brother Sam).

Naturally, I was utterly concerned when I saw his ghost bro occupying his mind. Thankfully, he managed to get rid of it. I was relieved to see his father taking a ride back home at the end of the episode.

In my POV, mr. Morgan was very careless (in many occasions) during this episode: when he left all his tools in the car (which was about to be manipulated by the inn Keeper (btw, this guy was a real pain in the neck); also by dumping his body in the grain container (sooner or later the body will come out, but this will not be a real problem to Dex if the writers are cool enough to let it go); plus, the unstable Jonah knows his secret. This can be a real problem later. Dex was so certain that Jonah deserved to die that he flatly revealed "I killed your father". However, in the end, he concluded Jonah was another "victim" just like himself.

So, I will not be surprised if in the future, Dex be once more "obliged to kill against his will"; he offered Trinity's son a chance that may not be seized by him.In brief, I think we will hear about Jonah later (especially now that 2 more Dexter seasons are confirmed).

Now, in brief about other characters:

- LaGuerta is really getting on my nerves.

- I wonder what is reserved to Masuka's intern in the future. Guess that his game may become a huge problem to Miami PD. He's getting closer to Baptista's sister, who works for Dex. Humm?? I don't know, but I think this plot can be useful to writers later.

- Quinn may restart writing his story. I'm happy for him and hope he will succeed.

- Travis and doomsday plot can now boost up until the end of this season. I'm not sure that Travis will be as strong as Dex and thus suceed to get rid of his dark passenger of his own. Soon enough we will definitively learn if "professor" is real or not.

So, I'm simply eager to see the continuation.