Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Fan Reviews page 2 of 18

• Is Deb the real backbone of the show?

I know I might look a little slow to some people about this but I had to wait for this 8th and final season of Dexter to realize that all the different stories only including Batista, Quinn, Quinn and Batista, Jaimie and Quinn, Masuka and his "why-the-hell-now?" daughter, etc.... well they're not that interesting, right? I mean, do I see that now because they actually became uninteresting the last 2 seasons or was it always like that?

And now I have to admit: those arcs may never have been that good after all.

So why didn't I see it before? Of course our focus on Dexter/MCH is a pretty obvious reason why. But now I'm wondering: Debra?

Well, we got to admit that since she left the station (physically this season but mentally last season since she was trying to process what she just saw her brother do), do we really care about the others? For 2 seasons now all I like to watch about this show is Dexter, Deb, and Dexter/Deb. Even more right now (thanks to great performance!). So I guess we can ask ourselves that question.

Yes Dexter is a great character. But how long the show would have lived if it were only about him and nothing else around? (not the station, the co-workers, the "family" life, the kids and of course not his sister). Not too long, I'm afraid.

So here's Debra. Creating and maintaining connections with everything else in his world, and in this show.

And when she decides not to be this bond anymore, anything that doesn't involve Dex/Deb (and let's say Vogel a little bit) is kinda boring.

So without Debra (and without J. Carpenter performance to make her evolve like that), who knows, maybe the show would be already off the air.

Anyway, I like this show, I like the fact that it's its final season and I'll keep on watch it till the end (even if it means I have to watch all the other stuff that don't involve the Morgans ;) )
  • Love it

This is my favorite TV show
  • What a Shame Dexter Is Showing Its Last Season

The Show Could At Least Hit 100 Episodes??? This will be a "MASSIVE" Miss When its GONE
  • Dexter Needs to Pay

In the final season, Dexter needs to somehow pay for his vigilante justice. Maybe go out in a blaze of glory. Yeah, he has a kid, but this doesn't mitigate the fact that he's killed over a hundred people in the series. Maybe Deb, his sister, needs to do the deed, with both of them going out in a final glorious scene, although now she's killed a heroic cop herself, someone who was onto Dexter. This can't end well, or justice will indeed be denied. I would pit Dexter against a monster even worse than himself, and the only way Dexter can take him/her down is to die himself.
  • It's just getting better and better

What I like about Dexter is that every season has new characters and a main killer,the subject of season 6 religion was very the best season many season 7 liked it,yes he killed less but it was more about his relationship with Debra and the human inside you don't like on cause she's gonna be in this show even is an important part in Dexter's 8 the first 2 episodes just great!If they gonna keep on making 10 more of these episodes than I think it'll be a great season finale,Series finale
  • Dexter's gone suckey

Loved Dexter, but the show has gone completely soap. Its been coming for a while now - more about relationships and personalities than Dexter. This happens to most good shows and then they go down the tubes. Could hardly stand to watch S8 E1. Too bad, Tidg
  • Why must all the good shows go?

I hate reality shows and love a well written drama. I will be sad to see Dexter go. All the great shows are ending and the new shows are crap. what to do, what to do?
  • Dexter ends, finally.

The next June 30, 2013 begins the final season of Dexter, the Robin Hood of serial killers. After 8 seasons, comes the highly anticipated end, but not the expectation that it can generate since Dexter lost the magic long ago, but to know how the history of the Morgan brothers work out.

After its peak during the fourth season and the brilliant performance by John Lithgow as Trinity, series began a path that was only going down. Soon we will see the outcome of a series that knew how to trap us but like many others abused of its success ad nauseum.

Where will the Dark Passenger end his trip?
  • Looking forward to Dexter's final season!

The teaser for Dexter's final requiem is so wonderfully creepy. Love the Jill Tracy song they used on it.
  • Dexter

Hi there, i'm from Portugal, and yep, in our contry a lot of people love this tv show, including me ;)

• Dexter Show

Dexter scares the shit out of me because he's so mellow most of the time. A true sociopath!
  • great show

surprise mother f#*ker. this show is awesome

Best show ever!
  • Season

This show can never end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Its Fuking awesome motherF**er

It's the best thing I have ever seen. It makes me wowwwwwww and make me screaming "shit fuck u!!" The season 4 ep 12, motherF***ng awesome!!
  • can't wait!

When is Dexter comingo back for season 8??
  • My favourite show

Season 6-9/10

Season 7-9.5/10

Can't wait for season 8.
  • Captivating Entertainment

Dexter is a fascinating and genuinely unique take on a crime scene procedural. I have been consistently impressed that the show is able to make vigilante hero, that kills bad guys in a way that makes him essentially a serial killer, likable. I also appreciate the interwoven storylines, that quirky cast of characters, and the overall atmosphere the show offers each season. The show has its weak points (some of the situations are contrived, and Dexter sometimes struggles with his emotions in eye rolling fashion), but I cannot deny that each season has kept me captivated from the first episode till the last.

Wow!, I am happy this show's Eigth Season is returning 3 months earlier than last!
  • The best on Showtime

Love every season, The whole cast is great, Really should have been nominated this year for a Golden Globe and SAG awards, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are the best!!!!!I have my whole family hooked on the show!!!!!
  • Great show

This is the rare show for me that i enjoy, suprised every season. Looking forward for the next season.
  • what the DEXTER series shud not incorporate

doesn't matter that they're not blood siblings. we've come 2 knw & relate to them as friking BROTHER AND SISTER! the deb & dex thing will just b plain WRONG with a capital W. that shit won't fly! so deb shud get her head straight, fans in favor of it shud get the junk in their head cleaned & the makers of this awesome series shud get the story right.

the fact that she has feelings for him just makes me irritated by her the more. first she wants to b with a guy that appeals to her like her father because she didn't get enough fatherly love & brother?!!!

season 8 had better find a way 2 get rid of the stupid d&d romance nonsense cause that'll just be too hard 2 swallow. it's already 2 hard to chew at this point.
  • Thanks

Thanks so much for this wonderful program. The kid that was seeing my daughter loved the program so much he murdered my daughter and cut her up just like your wonderful show. I hope you guys are happy for your great program and what it brings out in people.
  • One of my favorites of all times

Dexter is (in my opinion) one of the best TV shows of all times!!!

It has some suspense, some drama, some fun it goes deep into the psyche of someone "different" from the "average" person...

Simple great!!! Love it, each and every episode, of each and every far...

I really mean it. Thank you !!
  • One of the best shows.

I'm from The Netherlands. We don't have the show here but i download it. I love this show. I'm going to watch episode 8, this season is even better then season 1, can't wait for the finally.

This is one of the best shows ever next to Prison Break and Heroes. I cant wait for the next season(if there is one).

They should get this serie out here in Holland. I think it would be a good buy.

I dont know what more to say, i'm almost at 100 words lol.

Keep on making new seasons of Dexter.

Yeah i'm almost ready.

--------- ------------ -------- --------- -------- -------
  • Dexter's Pet Peeves

This is a great show, hands down, but there are two things that I consider that make the show less than it could be. The recurring "dream sequence" is way over used. Remember when Dexter considers telling Debra he's a serial killer? How about Deb's kissing (romantically) Dexter? Did last season finale close with yet another? I hope not, but only time will tell.

My other complain is the fact that there are no real Cuban born (or of Cuban descent) actors. Sure, the writers came as close as they could by casting Puerto Rican actors which sound very close, but the Spanish dialog that's occasionally heard between Angel and La Guardia are painful to the discerning ear. Imaging you're watching a French movie with English subtitles, there are two British actors playing Americans from New York. Occasionally, the two have private exchanges in English, but with a Liverpool accent. See what I mean?

The producers should get at least some Cuban writers so they can make the dialog a little more believable. Remember when Angels refers as "Gilipollas" in one of his dialogs? This word is purely Castillian and used in Spain, it would never be used by Cubans in Miami.

• Simply the best

One of the best shows i've ever watched, and trust me... I've watched hell of a lot of shows!
  • Casting of Cubans is Horrible

The producers obviously cannot tell a Cuban from a Mexican. I was watching season 1 where the Cubans were trapped in the container by a "coyote" and the lady who came out of the container to speak to the detectives looked Mexican, and spoke with a Mexican dialect. People need to realize that outside of Anglo America, people of hispanic origins are insulted when depicted incorrectly. There are much more caucasions within the Cuban communities than that of Mexicans or Puerto Ricans. But on the show every Cuban looks like either Celia Cruz or Pancho Villa. None look like Andy Garcia, or William Levy, which is more reflective of how Cuban Americans look. Being a Cuban American from Miami, it really bothers me that Cubans are cast so also bothers me how poorly the show disguises the fact that most of the filming is in California, The sun in Miami is much brighter than California, and the locations they choose to depict certain areas (ie. Coral Gables) couldn't be any further from authentic. Simply put, the show does a poor job in making it seem like it's in Miami. Please go to Calle Ocho for real and then compare it to the Calle Ocho in the show. Where did the Mexican hookers come from? The show would be absolutely beyond superb if they would actually film in Miami with actors representative of how people in Miami look and talk. Hey, no state tax!! Come on down!!
  • Dexter Show is the most awesomest TV Show in the entire world

Season4- 10/10

Season5- 9/10

Season6- 10/10

Season7- 10/10

Overall Dexter is awesome and has the most amazing ends to the epsiode showing fireworks or what happens next and Great things like that I LOVE DEXTER!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10