Dexter

Showtime (ended 2013)

AJMeredith

Dexter Fan Reviews page 2 of 18

• Looking forward to Dexter's final season!

The teaser for Dexter's final requiem is so wonderfully creepy. Love the Jill Tracy song they used on it.
  • Dexter

Hi there, i'm from Portugal, and yep, in our contry a lot of people love this tv show, including me ;)

• Dexter Show

Dexter scares the shit out of me because he's so mellow most of the time. A true sociopath!
  • great show

surprise mother f#*ker. this show is awesome
  • DEXTER

Best show ever!
  • Season

This show can never end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Its Fuking awesome motherF**er

It's the best thing I have ever seen. It makes me wowwwwwww and make me screaming "shit fuck u!!" The season 4 ep 12, motherF***ng awesome!!
  • can't wait!

When is Dexter comingo back for season 8??
  • My favourite show

Season 6-9/10

Season 7-9.5/10

Can't wait for season 8.
  • Captivating Entertainment

Dexter is a fascinating and genuinely unique take on a crime scene procedural. I have been consistently impressed that the show is able to make vigilante hero, that kills bad guys in a way that makes him essentially a serial killer, likable. I also appreciate the interwoven storylines, that quirky cast of characters, and the overall atmosphere the show offers each season. The show has its weak points (some of the situations are contrived, and Dexter sometimes struggles with his emotions in eye rolling fashion), but I cannot deny that each season has kept me captivated from the first episode till the last.
  • EARLIER

Wow!, I am happy this show's Eigth Season is returning 3 months earlier than last!
  • The best on Showtime

Love every season, The whole cast is great, Really should have been nominated this year for a Golden Globe and SAG awards, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are the best!!!!!I have my whole family hooked on the show!!!!!
  • Great show

This is the rare show for me that i enjoy, suprised every season. Looking forward for the next season.
  • what the DEXTER series shud not incorporate

doesn't matter that they're not blood siblings. we've come 2 knw & relate to them as friking BROTHER AND SISTER! the deb & dex thing will just b plain WRONG with a capital W. that shit won't fly! so deb shud get her head straight, fans in favor of it shud get the junk in their head cleaned & the makers of this awesome series shud get the story right.

the fact that she has feelings for him just makes me irritated by her the more. first she wants to b with a guy that appeals to her like her father because she didn't get enough fatherly love & brother?!!!

season 8 had better find a way 2 get rid of the stupid d&d romance nonsense cause that'll just be too hard 2 swallow. it's already 2 hard to chew at this point.
  • Thanks

Thanks so much for this wonderful program. The kid that was seeing my daughter loved the program so much he murdered my daughter and cut her up just like your wonderful show. I hope you guys are happy for your great program and what it brings out in people.
  • One of my favorites of all times

Dexter is (in my opinion) one of the best TV shows of all times!!!

It has some suspense, some drama, some fun it goes deep into the psyche of someone "different" from the "average" person...

Simple great!!! Love it, each and every episode, of each and every far...

I really mean it. Thank you !!
  • One of the best shows.

I'm from The Netherlands. We don't have the show here but i download it. I love this show. I'm going to watch episode 8, this season is even better then season 1, can't wait for the finally.

This is one of the best shows ever next to Prison Break and Heroes. I cant wait for the next season(if there is one).

They should get this serie out here in Holland. I think it would be a good buy.

I dont know what more to say, i'm almost at 100 words lol.

Keep on making new seasons of Dexter.

Yeah i'm almost ready.

--------- ------------ -------- --------- -------- -------
  • Dexter's Pet Peeves

This is a great show, hands down, but there are two things that I consider that make the show less than it could be. The recurring "dream sequence" is way over used. Remember when Dexter considers telling Debra he's a serial killer? How about Deb's kissing (romantically) Dexter? Did last season finale close with yet another? I hope not, but only time will tell.

My other complain is the fact that there are no real Cuban born (or of Cuban descent) actors. Sure, the writers came as close as they could by casting Puerto Rican actors which sound very close, but the Spanish dialog that's occasionally heard between Angel and La Guardia are painful to the discerning ear. Imaging you're watching a French movie with English subtitles, there are two British actors playing Americans from New York. Occasionally, the two have private exchanges in English, but with a Liverpool accent. See what I mean?

The producers should get at least some Cuban writers so they can make the dialog a little more believable. Remember when Angels refers as "Gilipollas" in one of his dialogs? This word is purely Castillian and used in Spain, it would never be used by Cubans in Miami.

• Simply the best

One of the best shows i've ever watched, and trust me... I've watched hell of a lot of shows!
  • Casting of Cubans is Horrible

The producers obviously cannot tell a Cuban from a Mexican. I was watching season 1 where the Cubans were trapped in the container by a "coyote" and the lady who came out of the container to speak to the detectives looked Mexican, and spoke with a Mexican dialect. People need to realize that outside of Anglo America, people of hispanic origins are insulted when depicted incorrectly. There are much more caucasions within the Cuban communities than that of Mexicans or Puerto Ricans. But on the show every Cuban looks like either Celia Cruz or Pancho Villa. None look like Andy Garcia, or William Levy, which is more reflective of how Cuban Americans look. Being a Cuban American from Miami, it really bothers me that Cubans are cast so also bothers me how poorly the show disguises the fact that most of the filming is in California, The sun in Miami is much brighter than California, and the locations they choose to depict certain areas (ie. Coral Gables) couldn't be any further from authentic. Simply put, the show does a poor job in making it seem like it's in Miami. Please go to Calle Ocho for real and then compare it to the Calle Ocho in the show. Where did the Mexican hookers come from? The show would be absolutely beyond superb if they would actually film in Miami with actors representative of how people in Miami look and talk. Hey, no state tax!! Come on down!!
  • Dexter Show is the most awesomest TV Show in the entire world

Season4- 10/10

Season5- 9/10

Season6- 10/10

Season7- 10/10

Overall Dexter is awesome and has the most amazing ends to the epsiode showing fireworks or what happens next and Great things like that I LOVE DEXTER!
  • THIS and TRUE BLOOD ROCK!!!! Unlike Reality TV SHows which SUCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • A clever title goes here!

My man Dex is trying to rid the world of as many murderers as he can. He's like a super hero, except not evolving from a comic book.
  • An Amazing Show

Dexter is both brutal and smart, and shockingly makes you love the psychotic serial killer protagonist.
  • My favorite show of all time!

I've been obsessed with Dexter for over 2 years now. It's leagues above all other TV series I've ever seen. I can't really put into words how much I love this show. Dexter Morgan is so real to me I can't wrap my head around that he's really Michael C. Hall... who must be the best actor ever.

It's exciting, humorous and psychologically interesting... and I guess I like it so much because in some ways I relate to Dexter, as so many people do. Not because I want to kill (though the idea of getting rid of sadists is alluring), but because I feel like I put on a mask and act with other people, I have friends, but I feel like it's all fake, meaningless, because inside, I feel empty, lonely and disconnected. Which is probably why it's been so exciting to follow Dexter on his psychological journey, trying to feel connected. My mom came into my room the other day when I was watching Dexter preparing to knife his prey, with a big grin on my face - she called me insane, of course... People are unable to understand how captivating Dexter is until they watch it themselves.
  • Ratings for Seasons 1-7

S1: 10/10

S2: 9/10

S3: 9/10

S4: 10/10

S5: 9/10

S6: 6/10

S7: 0/10
  • fall in love with the assassin

Exceptional plot and exceptional actors. What an incredible idea to mix the killer with the vigilante! Although I can not support the values in this plot I understand that it corresponds to the expectation of safety felt by society. An expectation that gouvernements all over the world fail to fulfill. The so called "System" doesn't give a satisfactory answer to the need everybody has to see evil properly punished. We all feel the need for fiercer cops, tougher judges and efective punishments which democracies are unable to provide. The vigilante becomes the answer and the outlawed execution of criminals the expected answer. Very clever and exceptionaly well written and interpreted series.
  • Great drama

This season, Dexter is again one of best shows on air. Probably best drama on TV. Isaac is great big bad and Hannah rules as Dexters first real love. Deb finding out the truth about her brothers favorite past-time moved the story forward.

• How many times!

Why does Debra have to drop F bombs in every conversation? I don't see the need, it's bad enough she sounds like a whining, crying spoiled brat, but when you add in the potty mouth it just makes her more irritating! Other than that my husband loves the show
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10