Dexter

AJMeredith

Dexter Fan Reviews page 3 of 18

• Best show ever

Best drama on air..
  • A clever title goes here!

I'd recomend this to anyone
  • I just love how they keep evolving the story line...

Dexter is probably the best drama on air to date. It has all the suspense, reality, tension, and suspense. I think these guys are fantastic actors and writers keep giving them the power to act to their greatest potential. Personally I know dexter has to end some day, I just hope it's after I'm dead. :O

Other then that keep going guys I look forward to many seasons to come.
  • Dexter is a work of art

This is the most thrilling ride ever.Since watching episode 1 of the first season i am totaly hooked on this series.Great actors and excellent writers make this a series to watch.Keep it up.
  • Growing Attachment

My friends were hooked on this series so I thought maybe it's about time that I give this series a shot. I started from season 1 to its recent season now. I'll admit, the first few episodes of season 1 didn't intrigue me enough. I guess you'd have to keep watching before it gradually grows on you - and it did with me. After the first couple episodes, it gets dangerously addicting. I grew to adore Dexter. A few characters are annoying (i.e. Lumen and Lila) throughout the series but I got through it ONLY because of Dexter. It is a very good series and I would recommend it to anyone that is into suspenseful crime drama through the eyes of a serial killer.
  • OBSESSED

I'm 100% obsessed with Dexter and I'm DYING to see what happens with Dexter and Deb!
  • season 7 episodes 1-3

i like season 1 to 6, was so looking forward to season 7 with season 6's shocking finale. after 3 episodes of season 7, am getting a little bored though, there is not much killing anymore and too much talking, hopefully the killing will be back soon.
  • This is just simply Fantastic!!!!

This is just simply Fantastic!!!!
  • One of the best shows

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. Sometimes it's a little dark but I like it very much. All Dexter's story is well written and always keeps you in suspense.

I hope the 8 season brings very good and strong end.

Nie moge sie doczekac zakonczenia!!!!!!!!
  • Unimaginable that a person can root for this guy

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. I really love shows that are well written and so very artfully displays the psyche of the character. I have watched so many police genre shows that this in my opinion is the best because it shows you the other side of the coin. For him being a serial killer, I would hate for him to get caught. Although it seems that in the seasons that he is about to be caught that are the best. I wish that there were going to be more seasons beyond season 8, but at least knowing the end is coming that all the chips being held back are finally hitting the table to create some of the best drama yet.
  • Use of the "F" word

The "F" word that Deborah constantly uses is about to cause me to not watch this program anymore. It is absolutely sickening the number of times she uses it. I'd venture to say that in the last episode (Oct 7) she must have said that ugly word 15 - 20 times. STOP USING THE "F" WORD!!
  • One of the best shows I know

I really love this show and despite the fact that the protagonist is a sociopathic serial killer I have to admit that he is one of the very few characters on TV that I really care about because he is always caught in the inner fight between what he wants (or needs) to do and what he should do from the perspective of others. I think the dark tone of the show and the black humor that comes every now and then really makes the show what it is and at least I wouldn't like it this much if it wasn't so dark.

There is only one issue that really annoys me (and that's why I "just" give 8.5/10): I hate it when the writers use the time between two seasons to get rid of plots that they don't care about (or don't know what to do to end it?) like the relationship between LaGuerta and Batista or the religious Irish babysitter that without any comment just didn't exist anymore in the sixth season.

In conclusion I think that it is well worth watching (I couldn't even stop watching it and actually watched all existing seasons in about 1 month) for everyone who loves TV with a load of darkness.
  • Dexter must dye

I honestly like this show very much. I am waiting to see a new episodes, but I just don't understand how this show can "Happy End". A lot of you, guys, may think that this is a very bad idea, but I reckon that if the writers want this show to end with obvious way I think Dexter must dye at the very end of the show. Something like sitting on the electric chair for death penalty and everyone finding out who and what he was. I think that will be the greatest end of the show.
  • Very Dark

It is very good but very dark. Enough that I stopped watching. They do a great job with the characters and the writing is excellent.
  • How can you ever love a show about a serial killer?

Watch Dexter! You will get hooked. I can't wait to see how Dexter explains this one.
  • The best serial killer show ever made

I think if u want to watch a series full of thriller,suspense and best serial killer series ever made then i highly extremly recommend you to watch Dexter

• Simply Brilliant

To be honest, i started watching dexter as some sort of time-spender, because, you know, it's summer and all.I have never quite expected it to be so great that I just can't stop watching it(seriously, I feel like my eyes are gonna pour out).You see, i have basically seen every episode of all of the best shows, like HIMYM, Merlin, Breaking Bad, Desperate Housewives, Vampire Diaries, Naruto(ok, ill admit, that's up to tase, really), the Mentalist, and so on but i have never in my life seen a show(or rather, watched) this thought-provoking, smart, and, of course, cunning (and please, care to notice the word play).

Anyways...This series does not only combines sharpness, obscene humor, and hilarious insight(into essentially anything it touches), but also draws attention to the faults and potential(or actual) problems in the System, as it is.
  • Very thrilling show

I only started watching this last week (season 1). But from the start it was immediately very thrilling, very good developed story, good characters, good acting. I recommend you watch this!
  • Stop trying to take credit for Dexter

To the guy that thinks he invented Dexter....You need help, I think you are deranged or at the very least very confused. If you persist in slandering that author he will most assuredly seek a legal remedy. YOU will be found liable. It will cost you or your caregiver/Mother/Guardian grief and money to defend and pay punitive damages. You make yourself look very foolish. I am sure that there are millions of Ideas or concepts that were thought of by various individuals. (such as "I wish I could fly in a machine" ....but it took someone actually designing ,working and implementing and putting their blood, sweat, tears and money into making an airplane. THAT is what it means to be the INVENTOR. ) I am a fan of the show and of Mr. Lindsay's work. I say work because he DID something, you sir did nothing but whine about someone "Stealing your character" Get a life you buffoon. Take your lumpy head, limited intellect and stupid Squeaky toy (inachu) nick name and stay in your mothers bedroom wishing you could be a writer. Here's an idea take writing class, because you can't seem to put two sentences together cohesively. Take your meds, Lumpy in Gaithersburg, Maryland and quit damaging the man's reputation you leach.

• fine fine fine you got me on this one

i thought it was bad at first but i started to like it when it progressed through and its still my fave kinda adult show
  • Dexter Makes every other show look Mediocre!

Dexter is the show that has made me think a lot about how u can deal with issues in a whole different aspect.....Its made me wonder that if there was a serial killer as such then without a doubt he should continue doing it...rapists,murderers,arsenists......they are getting what they deserve....The show is gr8, Michael has been terrific...he has dwelled into the role really well.....xcpect for season 3 and parts of 5 and 6...every other episodes were brilliant.....I pretty much knew what would happen to Rita at season 4 finale so I was so depressed that I didnt want to watch the episodes....just love it...cant wait for season 7 to start as they left the finale with a cliff-hanger of some sort!Dexter sure is a perfect show in this imperfect world.
  • Losing steam.

The last two seasons of this show have been thoroughly mediocre, in my opinion. Season 5 may have been great, but it was too difficult for me to get past Julia Stiles. This past season, despite my unflappable love for nearly anything Mos Def and great acting from EJO and Colin Hanks, was entirely too predictable. Not just predictable but wildly unrealistic. Reporting an anonymous tip from your cell phone? C'mon, really? I'm hoping that this new season will restore my faith, but some of this is starting to get on my nerves.

As far as doing justice to the books, I think some people may not have read the books while claiming to have done so. TV Dexter and Book Dexter couldn't be more different. First season Dexter was Book Dexter. Every season afterward has been a diverging branch sporting the same premise and name. To be honest, the fact that they don't follow the books (first season aside) is the reason I don't hate this show.
  • great tc show

i watched only a few episodes and i thought it was pretty silly but the newest season with julia styles in it i found it to be a great tv show and very different to shows on tv out the moment dexter plays a very terrific part and its a very enjoyable tv series...
  • Dexter - Deb!!!

I can't wait for the next season. At last she will find out the truth about him and it's going to be very interesting how she's going to react. This season was great in may opinion, I wouldn't change a thing about it... I hope the next is better if that's possible.
  • Best show on TV

This showits very hard to downtalk it.

It has been very well paced, very well written and does the Dexter novels amazing justice.

The Religious storyline, albeit a lovely alternative twist to the dynamic of the show, came off as boring most of the time, but th acting remains amazing from everybody involved to keep the charm intact.

A great Season cliffhanger and sets up an AMAZING storyline to be getting on with.

Deb/Dex, what happens here. KEEN!
  • It's bad when you start rooting for a murder not to get caught...

I stopped watching this show a while ago. We should not like murderers. In this show there is no hero. Just a person who judges who should or should not live.
  • GREAT!!!

amazing show!!! I just wish he would KILL MORE PEOPLE!! Always love the stories in all seasons!

• The show is f*cking awesome!

So the show is awesome,but when is it comming back? I can`t wait to see what happens with Dexter - Deb
  • D.exter

I didnt enjoy the religious theme of season 6 but it still did have some thrilling scenes...certainly regarding little Harrison. I also disliked the Trevor involvement...would have preferred more of Masuka's humor...he's great. I personally like Quin as his character has developed more realistically than some of the others; and i would have liked to see him & Deb continue their relationship. I think the possibility of Deb & Dexter being love interests is gross...they make a solid, lovable sibling pair which i find believable. Lets face it...this whole serial killer theory is a real stretch, but it could happen. What I've liked most about the show is that the main characters are everyday people that I can relate to. I find it hard to believe that Deb is going to just go along without protest or collaborate with her brother in future...it seems out of character. I don't think she will turn him in...but I don't think she will approve either. I personally really disliked the books with the kids all developing into little killers...not believable . I am however a solid Dex fan and will be there to watch it . I just hope the writers don't go off in a strange direction, insulting the intelligence of the viewers.
  • great

dexter the whole show is great
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10