Dexter

Showtime (ended 2013)

AJMeredith

Dexter Fan Reviews page 3 of 18

• One of the best shows.

I'm from The Netherlands. We don't have the show here but i download it. I love this show. I'm going to watch episode 8, this season is even better then season 1, can't wait for the finally.

This is one of the best shows ever next to Prison Break and Heroes. I cant wait for the next season(if there is one).

They should get this serie out here in Holland. I think it would be a good buy.

I dont know what more to say, i'm almost at 100 words lol.

Keep on making new seasons of Dexter.

Yeah i'm almost ready.

--------- ------------ -------- --------- -------- -------
  • Dexter's Pet Peeves

This is a great show, hands down, but there are two things that I consider that make the show less than it could be. The recurring "dream sequence" is way over used. Remember when Dexter considers telling Debra he's a serial killer? How about Deb's kissing (romantically) Dexter? Did last season finale close with yet another? I hope not, but only time will tell.

My other complain is the fact that there are no real Cuban born (or of Cuban descent) actors. Sure, the writers came as close as they could by casting Puerto Rican actors which sound very close, but the Spanish dialog that's occasionally heard between Angel and La Guardia are painful to the discerning ear. Imaging you're watching a French movie with English subtitles, there are two British actors playing Americans from New York. Occasionally, the two have private exchanges in English, but with a Liverpool accent. See what I mean?

The producers should get at least some Cuban writers so they can make the dialog a little more believable. Remember when Angels refers as "Gilipollas" in one of his dialogs? This word is purely Castillian and used in Spain, it would never be used by Cubans in Miami.

• Simply the best

One of the best shows i've ever watched, and trust me... I've watched hell of a lot of shows!
  • Casting of Cubans is Horrible

The producers obviously cannot tell a Cuban from a Mexican. I was watching season 1 where the Cubans were trapped in the container by a "coyote" and the lady who came out of the container to speak to the detectives looked Mexican, and spoke with a Mexican dialect. People need to realize that outside of Anglo America, people of hispanic origins are insulted when depicted incorrectly. There are much more caucasions within the Cuban communities than that of Mexicans or Puerto Ricans. But on the show every Cuban looks like either Celia Cruz or Pancho Villa. None look like Andy Garcia, or William Levy, which is more reflective of how Cuban Americans look. Being a Cuban American from Miami, it really bothers me that Cubans are cast so also bothers me how poorly the show disguises the fact that most of the filming is in California, The sun in Miami is much brighter than California, and the locations they choose to depict certain areas (ie. Coral Gables) couldn't be any further from authentic. Simply put, the show does a poor job in making it seem like it's in Miami. Please go to Calle Ocho for real and then compare it to the Calle Ocho in the show. Where did the Mexican hookers come from? The show would be absolutely beyond superb if they would actually film in Miami with actors representative of how people in Miami look and talk. Hey, no state tax!! Come on down!!
  • Dexter Show is the most awesomest TV Show in the entire world

Season4- 10/10

Season5- 9/10

Season6- 10/10

Season7- 10/10

Overall Dexter is awesome and has the most amazing ends to the epsiode showing fireworks or what happens next and Great things like that I LOVE DEXTER!
  • THIS and TRUE BLOOD ROCK!!!! Unlike Reality TV SHows which SUCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • A clever title goes here!

My man Dex is trying to rid the world of as many murderers as he can. He's like a super hero, except not evolving from a comic book.
  • An Amazing Show

Dexter is both brutal and smart, and shockingly makes you love the psychotic serial killer protagonist.
  • My favorite show of all time!

I've been obsessed with Dexter for over 2 years now. It's leagues above all other TV series I've ever seen. I can't really put into words how much I love this show. Dexter Morgan is so real to me I can't wrap my head around that he's really Michael C. Hall... who must be the best actor ever.

It's exciting, humorous and psychologically interesting... and I guess I like it so much because in some ways I relate to Dexter, as so many people do. Not because I want to kill (though the idea of getting rid of sadists is alluring), but because I feel like I put on a mask and act with other people, I have friends, but I feel like it's all fake, meaningless, because inside, I feel empty, lonely and disconnected. Which is probably why it's been so exciting to follow Dexter on his psychological journey, trying to feel connected. My mom came into my room the other day when I was watching Dexter preparing to knife his prey, with a big grin on my face - she called me insane, of course... People are unable to understand how captivating Dexter is until they watch it themselves.
  • Ratings for Seasons 1-7

S1: 10/10

S2: 9/10

S3: 9/10

S4: 10/10

S5: 9/10

S6: 6/10

S7: 0/10
  • fall in love with the assassin

Exceptional plot and exceptional actors. What an incredible idea to mix the killer with the vigilante! Although I can not support the values in this plot I understand that it corresponds to the expectation of safety felt by society. An expectation that gouvernements all over the world fail to fulfill. The so called "System" doesn't give a satisfactory answer to the need everybody has to see evil properly punished. We all feel the need for fiercer cops, tougher judges and efective punishments which democracies are unable to provide. The vigilante becomes the answer and the outlawed execution of criminals the expected answer. Very clever and exceptionaly well written and interpreted series.
  • Great drama

This season, Dexter is again one of best shows on air. Probably best drama on TV. Isaac is great big bad and Hannah rules as Dexters first real love. Deb finding out the truth about her brothers favorite past-time moved the story forward.

• How many times!

Why does Debra have to drop F bombs in every conversation? I don't see the need, it's bad enough she sounds like a whining, crying spoiled brat, but when you add in the potty mouth it just makes her more irritating! Other than that my husband loves the show
  • Best star

Best drama on air..
  • Death by Dexter

Dexter in general is an amazing show, however they definitely over use the fword. If you want great plot development this is the show for you. Sometimes in the episodes I get board because of all the sub plots and skip parts. But all in all creating a show where a serial killer is the main character is genius.
  • Best star

Yvonne Strahovski as Hannah McKay good.
  • Killer show!

Dexter is engaging and always entertaining.
  • Best show ever

Best drama on air..
  • A clever title goes here!

I'd recomend this to anyone
  • I just love how they keep evolving the story line...

Dexter is probably the best drama on air to date. It has all the suspense, reality, tension, and suspense. I think these guys are fantastic actors and writers keep giving them the power to act to their greatest potential. Personally I know dexter has to end some day, I just hope it's after I'm dead. :O

Other then that keep going guys I look forward to many seasons to come.
  • Dexter is a work of art

This is the most thrilling ride ever.Since watching episode 1 of the first season i am totaly hooked on this series.Great actors and excellent writers make this a series to watch.Keep it up.
  • Growing Attachment

My friends were hooked on this series so I thought maybe it's about time that I give this series a shot. I started from season 1 to its recent season now. I'll admit, the first few episodes of season 1 didn't intrigue me enough. I guess you'd have to keep watching before it gradually grows on you - and it did with me. After the first couple episodes, it gets dangerously addicting. I grew to adore Dexter. A few characters are annoying (i.e. Lumen and Lila) throughout the series but I got through it ONLY because of Dexter. It is a very good series and I would recommend it to anyone that is into suspenseful crime drama through the eyes of a serial killer.
  • OBSESSED

I'm 100% obsessed with Dexter and I'm DYING to see what happens with Dexter and Deb!
  • season 7 episodes 1-3

i like season 1 to 6, was so looking forward to season 7 with season 6's shocking finale. after 3 episodes of season 7, am getting a little bored though, there is not much killing anymore and too much talking, hopefully the killing will be back soon.
  • This is just simply Fantastic!!!!

This is just simply Fantastic!!!!
  • One of the best shows

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. Sometimes it's a little dark but I like it very much. All Dexter's story is well written and always keeps you in suspense.

I hope the 8 season brings very good and strong end.

Nie moge sie doczekac zakonczenia!!!!!!!!
  • Unimaginable that a person can root for this guy

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. I really love shows that are well written and so very artfully displays the psyche of the character. I have watched so many police genre shows that this in my opinion is the best because it shows you the other side of the coin. For him being a serial killer, I would hate for him to get caught. Although it seems that in the seasons that he is about to be caught that are the best. I wish that there were going to be more seasons beyond season 8, but at least knowing the end is coming that all the chips being held back are finally hitting the table to create some of the best drama yet.
  • Use of the "F" word

The "F" word that Deborah constantly uses is about to cause me to not watch this program anymore. It is absolutely sickening the number of times she uses it. I'd venture to say that in the last episode (Oct 7) she must have said that ugly word 15 - 20 times. STOP USING THE "F" WORD!!
  • One of the best shows I know

I really love this show and despite the fact that the protagonist is a sociopathic serial killer I have to admit that he is one of the very few characters on TV that I really care about because he is always caught in the inner fight between what he wants (or needs) to do and what he should do from the perspective of others. I think the dark tone of the show and the black humor that comes every now and then really makes the show what it is and at least I wouldn't like it this much if it wasn't so dark.

There is only one issue that really annoys me (and that's why I "just" give 8.5/10): I hate it when the writers use the time between two seasons to get rid of plots that they don't care about (or don't know what to do to end it?) like the relationship between LaGuerta and Batista or the religious Irish babysitter that without any comment just didn't exist anymore in the sixth season.

In conclusion I think that it is well worth watching (I couldn't even stop watching it and actually watched all existing seasons in about 1 month) for everyone who loves TV with a load of darkness.
  • Dexter must dye

I honestly like this show very much. I am waiting to see a new episodes, but I just don't understand how this show can "Happy End". A lot of you, guys, may think that this is a very bad idea, but I reckon that if the writers want this show to end with obvious way I think Dexter must dye at the very end of the show. Something like sitting on the electric chair for death penalty and everyone finding out who and what he was. I think that will be the greatest end of the show.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10