Dexter

Showtime (ended 2013)

AJMeredith

Dexter Fan Reviews page 6 of 18

• One of the best dramas in a long time!

Considering the premise - a serial killer who hunts down other evildoers to satisfy his blood lust, yet isn't such a bad guy - one thinks, "How can this possibly work??" Somehow, they found a way. Michael C. Hall is flat-out brilliant in his offbeat, complex portrayal of the title character. Sometimes we're hopeful that he can get his act together, and sometimes we're frightened of what he's capable of doing. His voiceovers are often rich with black comedy, providing many wry moments and add a vital component to the tone of the show. The rest of the cast are very good too, I particularly enjoy the ill-tempered & foul-mouthed Sergeant Doakes.
  • Controversial Concept

This is one of those shows that has a moral dilemma. Is the serial killer cop good because he only kills people that kill other people or bring harm to them (like a real life walking death sentence)?

Or... is Dexter a great guy for being a vigilante and cleaning up the mean streets by killing murderers and giving them an opportunity to know why they are being killed?

This show stirs up people when asking if Dexter is a good or bad guy, but one thing is for certain, watching the show you get almost caught up in the moment and really hope that Dexter doesn't get caught and always kills the bad guy before he gets killed himself. The story line of this show is amazing and it has me glued to the TV every time it comes on. A great show.
  • When you think about serial killers we often think: "BAD!", but Dexter raises the question. Is Dexter Morgan good or evil?

It is definitely my favorite show ever. I'm not much for that cop stuff, but this one really caught my attention and really, I'm glad I ever came across this show and I got glued on the first episode.
    Dexter is the lab guy who has a dark secret, the dark passenger, like he calls it. He's a serial killer, some think he's bad, some think he's bad, it's all about perspective since he only kills bad guys (other killers).
    I really like all the acting, the darkness on the show, Masuka's pervert comments, Debra's bad language. What I like about it is that it's not only about blood and killing, it's about so much more.
  • For the first time Dexter thought he could have a real friend... and for the first time Dexter had one of the biggest disappointments one can have: be used by someone you thought was a friend.

This is a very special episode. This show amazes me since the very first episode, and when I think to where it's possibly going, episodes like this one bring me to a new level of appreciation. Dexter never feels anything and he pretends 24 hours a day, except when he's killing. This season, for the first time he was experiencing friendship. A totally new sensation for him. And now he's experiencing the pain of being used by this friend. Now he wants revenge but he's walking in a very dangerous path. The man he thought was a friend is now on his list. The next episodes will be breathtaking.
  • The mind of this serial killer is simply beautiful.

I'd heard about this show for some time, but was unable to watch it because I didn't have the channel. Now that it's on cable, I have completely fallen in love with it.

The characters are believable and sympathetic, especially Dexter. His relationships with his girlfriend Rita and her kids, his foster sister Deb, and the other cops humanize what would otherwise be a cold character.

I've only seen the first season so far, but plan to continue watching. The plot is intense and grabbing, twisty and turning, keeping you on your toes until the final second. That's a recipe for any perfect show.
  • This show requires an above average IQ to completely understand the concept being portrayed. If you are debating to watch this show, I highly recommend that you view the first ~3 episodes, and I promise it will yield positive results.

The show is based on the novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter", which is a great read. The book is based on a serial killer governed by a moral code set forth by his father. James Manos, brilliant screenwriter, does an amazing job showing how we rely on our family for answers to life. I do not watch much television, but Dexter is an exception, and has allowed to see that there are directors who can target shows toward the more "intelligent community". As I said before, if you are debating to watch this show, I urge you to watching the first ~3 episodes, and you will be hooked.
  • A phenomenal season ends just as powerfully as it started -- yet this viewer can't laughing away the bitter aftertaste.

[b]This is how Dexter's journey ends for one viewer... not with a bang, but with a whimper[/b].

Season 3 has been kind to Dexter. The character of Miguel Prado, played to perfection by Jimmy Smits, added an unrivaled burst of emotion to the show, only somewhat foreshadowed by the explosive Sergeant Doakes. Through Miguel, his first true friend, Dexter began to feel things he had never known before -- care, worry, regret, and loss. The final fifteen seconds of "I Had a Dream," the penultimate episode, are a flawless rendition of the pain Dexter, and we as his fellow human beings, are going through knowing that he may never experience friendship again, as the color is literally sucked out of his life. The season was full of such great analogies, thrilling action, mind-bending games of cat-and-mouse, and character development for a number of secondaries. Even the music stepped up a notch, adding a distinctly Spanish, noble sound to its repertoire of themes.

Then why does it all feel so wrong?

TVtropes calls it fridge logic. It's the sort of thing you only think about once you're done watching and are walking about the house, and suddenly it hits you "Why the hell did everything end so conveniently?"

And above all else, that is the best word to describe Dexter's third, and for this viewer final, season: "convenient." That standard, tried-and-true solution is the only one the writers could find to tackle Dexter's complex issues. Instead of attempting to come to some resolution with Miguel, the vengeful (a human quality) attorney is made into a distinctly inhuman psychopath, with not even Dexter's moral code to guide him. "What if Prado was a good, albeit flawed person, instead of the freakshow that loosed a serial killer on Miami? Would Dexter have continued on his path to becoming a normal person through his growing family? Would he have been able to overcome his dysfunctions?" All great questions, but all we can do is speculate now that the show has clearly left them in the dust, and firmly stated, "We prefer to have more seasons of this show using its tried-and-true formula of psychotic villain per season than to seriously address the issues Dexter Morgan presents to society." If a single morally-bound serial killer can exist in Dexter, there is precedent for more of such well-intentioned dysfunctional human beings, yet the brooding, compelling Michael C. Hall tells us: "No, there can only be I. Everybody else is truly a monster, and I will kill one especially psychotic one per season."

The socially beneficial qualities I praised Dexter for in the past seem laughed at, mocked, by this finale, which insists that traditional TV schedule, even through coincidence in writing, is superior to actually addressing these concerns. A flawed human being is turned into a monster for the sole purpose of a season finish that allows the next season to start as though nothing had happened. Dexter has killed his brother, his mistress, and his friend. I can only imagine what sort of wacky adventures await him in season 4. Will he have to confront the monster discovered in his sister Deb, unleashed by her findings of Morgan Sr.'s unfaithfulness? Or will Dexter have to put Rita, his wife, out of her misery, once she starts killing people due to a miscarriage?

God forbid the show go without the death of a maniac.
  • This is the review of the first series :)

Meet Dexter, a charming forensic expert for the Miami Police Department….who is also a deadly obsessed serial killer. Dexter was raised by a police officer who recognized Dexter's murderous personality. Knowing there was no helping Dexter he instead helped his son focus his energy on the minuses of society. Dexter may not be able to control his sick mind, but in public he shows no sign of his murderous ways. Dexter is played by Michael C Hall who is best recognized as David on the television program "Six Feet Under" where he earned several Emmy nominations. Hall has also been selected for a Golden Globe for best actor for his work on Dexter.
  • Great show, you've got to watch it.

This show is absolutely one of the best I've seen in a very long time. The way the writers portray his character and his alter ego is absolutely amazing. The end of Season four has only opened up even more doors for him to open and will ultimately lead to him being even more vicious than in season one and two. I'm curious though, to see how he will deal with the children. The writers, as usual, will most likely make the situation into something amazing as usual. I recommend this to anyone who likes drama's and a strangely complicated main-character.
  • Is this the best television show in history?

I think it very-well may be! That is a huge praise coming from a picky viewer like me. This is just such a perfect mix of drama, suspense, comedy, and horror. Those are my favorite genres! The acting is pretty much perfect, though I'm not a big fan of LaGuerta. I was really hoping her story would follow the books. But perhaps that is just the show working- you aren't supposed to like her. Every other character works perfectly. I don't feel like using actor's names tonight, so I will refer to them by their characters. Dexter is PERFECT. Deborah is PERFECT. Rita is PERFECT. Masuka is PERFECT. Angel is GREAT. Paul is PERFECT. Even Astor is perfect for her role. This is a lazy review. I am quite tipsy, so I am not eloquent. But I just realized that I tend to only review terrible shows instead of the great shows that I love. I really just want to contribute my 10.
  • Season Four, Episode One: If only Dexter could kill the need for sleep ...

The highly-anticipated season opener of Dexter proves that the story-telling remains fresh and vibrant as this unique series enters its fourth season. The familiar elements remain, however these elements are now woven in between and in front of a universe that has taken shape over the last three seasons. The unanticipated return of characters from season three, plus the addition of a few surprises, promise an exciting up-coming series of events.

At the same time that this initial episode sets up Dexter to face what may be his most formidable opponent ever to the form of the Trinity Killer, it chooses to focus on a more immediate enemy that is familiar to us all, the confusion and chaos that results from the lack of a most basic human need: sleep. Dexter is as usual surrounded by enemies and animosity, although none of these rival forces is as detrimental to him as lack of sleep due to his duties as a new father. I thought I was experiencing déjà-vu during the first few minutes of the episode when the beginning sequence began to re-play itself. However the parody of this familiar routine is quickly determined: Dexter's whole life is getting screwed up due to his new family addition. He misplaces a file during an important murder trial, falls asleep while scoping out his latest victim and may face a murder trial himself if any pieces of newly-deceased Gomez are recovered from the crash site. Dexter's misplacement of a file from the Gomez trial creates a two-fold result: he has created an enemy within the department and simultaneously found his most immediate victim. The interplay between Quinn and Dexter is similar to the exchange that Dexter and Doakes experienced, only with different motivations. In another familiar fashion, Dexter methodically plans the location and means to carry out his latest kill. However, lack of sleep and Dexter's new family duties interfere with his kill at every turn. Even during the now familiar kill-scene, Rita's interruption of Dexter's activities, (and the fact that he even bothered to leave his cell phone on), provide the audience with insight as to how interrupted Dexter's familiar routine has become.

One pleasing factor of this first episode is the fact that the audience is set up to follow the cat-and-mouse chase of the Trinity Killer. John Lithgow's performance is both disturbing and fascinating. Within minutes of both opening sequences, the audience is bombarded with an extremely disturbing and erotically charged murder sequence that will remain lodged in memory for the duration of the episode. What at first appears to be a rather ordinary strangulation-in-the-bathtub scene quickly degenerates into a vicious series of softly spoken words and a chance for the viewer to see through the eyes of the murdered, self demise. Later, as Lithgow lashes himself with the scalding water of a locker room shower, the audience is left to wonder: what penance is he paying? Is this an attempt to wash himself of the crime, or just an attempt to feel anything, emotionally or otherwise? The addition of Lundy to the Trinity case, newly retired and unencumbered by the procedures of the FBI, sets up a series of interesting questions. Of course in regards to his relationship with Debra, we are left to wonder if there will be any rekindling of their previous romance. But mostly importantly, it now seems that Dexter is in a position to collaborate, rather than run from the questions of this law man. After all, it's Dexter who opens up the timeline of the Trinity case, identifying it as a series of killings that have taken places over three decades instead of half that time. Will Lundy and Dexter continue to share knowledge and help each other? And if so, once the identity of the Trinity killer is revealed, how will Dexter get away with serving his own brand of justice without arousing the suspicions of this mythic FBI enforcer?

The antics of the rest of the cast reveal a mixture of the familiar and the strange. As usual, Masuka provides comic relief with his off-color jokes and social interferences. There's no reference yet to his developing relationship from season three. One has to wonder if this is plotline that was abandoned similarly to the Angel-Gianna relationship subplot. The LaGuerta-Angel office romance comes as a bit of a surprise given that in previous seasons there is a not a focus of sexual tension between these two. The apparent explanation of Angel's break-up with his former girlfriend, (they "wanted different things"), may explain this sudden new romance to an extent, but one hopes that further background will be provided. While it is true that both LaGuerta and Angel both have suffered loss at the hands of people they were close to, one wonders how they ended up falling into each other's arms.

Debra's search for Harry's marital infidelity continues to provide no answers. But a lingering camera focus on Laura Moser's file, yet to be examined, hints that she may eventually stumble upon the truth. Besides now being torn between her new relationship to Anton and her previous interlude with Lundy, Debra also provides that audience with a solid explanation for why she has not moved into her brother's former apartment. One has to wonder, if the relationship with Anton fizzles, will she encroach upon one of Dexter's only remaining arena of privacy?

Overall, the season opener provides a good set-up of characters and settings that will move the story forward, yet there are still some primary elements that need to be fleshed out: Does anyone know that Dexter kept his former apartment? What about the infamous "Slice of Life" boat? Perhaps most importantly, how will Dexter's killing methods change, now that he is "killing for two"? The second episode of the season promises many more surprises and answers to some of the questions posed. It will be interesting to see how the intertwining storyline develop.
  • The world of a Killer, such the opposite view in a crime show, very unique Tv experience, very interesting like it!

Such an awesome show! The acting is brilliant, impressed by the character developments, plots, lots of great scenes and well... lots of swearing.

The world of a Killer, such the opposite view in a crime show, very unique Tv experience, very interesting like it! Dexter's world revolves around the code left behind by Dexter's foster father Harry. He is pretty close with his sister, the only family his got and his girlfriend who he has married. Haven't read the books yet, but will eventually. Loving this new season, want to know what happens to Dex after the car accident and well what happens with the remains in his boot!
  • Much Better Than I Expected

Started with S1-Ep 1 & have been pleasantly surprised.

Things I love:

The acting of the lead.
    The narration. The flashbacks.
    The Camerawork.
    The unspoken vibes that come off of the characters play well & can give you a chill.
    The mental Disconnect Re-connect is really done well.

Things I Like:

The writing for the episodes.
    The interaction between Dexter & his GF. Very good/bad reluctant chemistry played well lol.

Things I don't like too much

The side characters seem to distract more than help.
    The acting from all but the GF are on the weak side.
    Some of the emotionalism is over-blown too much to help Dexter's disconnect stand out.
    That can be toned down.
    Sister is too dependent & mentally needy, again I think it's over-blown too much.

I am only mid-way through season 1, so hopefully this mends some as the series evolves into its prime.
    Very Good show Highly recommended from a very picky viewer lol.
  • dexter-killer show

the first time i saw this show i was hooked. michael
    c hall gives an emmy worthy performance as blood spatter expert by day serial killer by night dexter morgan. but he only kills other killers which is a good thing. i cant wait for season 4. john lithgow plays the villain this season. that should be interesting. i liked jimmy smits last year. he was a very scary guy as miguel prado. i was happy when they killed off sgt doakes two years ago. i didnt like him at all. cant wait to see what season 8 has in store.
  • Dexter is a blood spatter analist for miami P.D.he has a girl friend and a sister on the force with him. Oh and he is a serial killer.Yeah. But he only kills bad people. So thats kind of a redeeming feature right?

So the show sounds a bit weird. But its never once glorified serialkilerism! Never once! Dexter is always encountering problems whenever he is goig around and making sure that his family and friends never find out about his interesting little hobby. The show its self is fasinating to see some every day problems dealt with from a purely emotionless perspective. The acting in it is amazing. Behind Dexters exterior you can see that everything that he does is purely mechanical. There is no emotion inside of him. Every day to day activity is just an obstical obstical before the next kill.
  • an excellent show with top notch acting

Michael C Hall is one of this generation's most talented actors. his work in six feet under was amazing and he has found a similar niche in this show, the brooding man with something to hide. This secret carrying understated figure is a talent of his and it is really on display in this show. The season plots are excellent and varied, making the show fresh and exciting every week. i also like that the season is only 12 episodes long, making it move quickly without very much filler or side story. I am very much looking forward to the next season!
  • Dexter is a show dominated by top notch writing which contributes to an intriguing plotline as well as great character development. This is a show not to be missed by anyone.

Dexter Morgan is a blood spatter analyst, family man.... and serial killer.
    Dexter is a show based around the development of a suburban sociopath with a twist, his victims are all criminals. Dexter is a show that relies on its original story and its character development. Dexter is a serial killer trying too find balance in a life where he is both a cop and a killer. This interesting paradox makes for some very interesting concepts and situations this character is put in. As well as opening major themes like the examination of human nature and what is truly right and wrong.

Dexter isn't just some average cop drama plagued by unoriginal cases or repetitive storylines. Its a show driven by sheer brilliance in its writing. Dexter is a landmark show that is not to be missed by anyone.
  • This is one of the best shows of all time. A show that has me sympathizing and believing in a serial killer, as I sit on the edge of my seat. Sends shivers down my spine every time - the show is exhilarating.

I dont know how they do it, but I really dont want to figure it out just yet :)

More suspense than Lost, yet its great that most episodes reach a satisfying conclusion, they just leave enough dangling to make me want to see the next episode, and like how! lol

I really dont think there is any show better than this one on these days, and I'm comparing this to 24, Heroes, House, Top Gear, Fringe, True Blood, Greys Anatomy, Kyle XY, Smallville, Psych, Monk, Lost (descending order on my favs list).

Its a shame its a little under-appreciated. It should be on the top 10 list on the front page, but its not :(

I know it'll make your spine tingle! enjoy watching it!
  • just the best serie i have ever seen. i feel like a conection with dexter, its like i have a dark passenger too, i just love the books and i love more the serie, michael c hall make me belive the history even more sorry for my english but im a chil

very good serie i give a 10, cause i just love it.
    simply perfect :D Born Free is just the best episode ever of any serie of any time
    just the idea of a forensic serial killer who knows all the prossediment of the police makes me afraid

in the second season amost catch him but nobody can with him

sorry for my bad english but im a chilean with the basic english studies :B
  • One of the best out there

Dexter is a serial killer for justice. This show uses a classic premise of a bad guy fighting the good fight with a twist. He's not a demented masked man or a tragic super-hero. Its not set in a magical land or a technological future.

The sociopath of this story is a forensic cop named Dexter Morgan living in sunny Miami. His work places him in grisly cases in forensics. His hobbies include tracking and hunting criminals who escape the law. The end result is final as he brings them to justice.

The complexities of this series and characters are handled incredibly well by the writers, actors, director, etc. What intrigues me most is Dexter having to feign having emotions because he does not have any of his own. The only emotions he gets is the rush of the kill. A clever, smart show that is a must for any viewer.
  • One of the best tv show of all time.

I have to admit dexter is one of the best shows. Although I don't have Showtime and I will have to admit that I didn't think this show was any good until I decided to give it a try. Boy was I wrong. The show is smart, funny, and has it's own flavor that now tv network has right now. I wish the asian dude wasn't so annoying. When will we ever get our break, playing the cool smart guy type of character??? Well we had our first half black president maybe in about 20yrs or so we might get our break. =(
  • How can a cop kill and be loved by so many? Simply by being dexter. His code of honour is a modern day Robinhood story with an edge of your seat plot.

Dexter manages to survive the grusom murder of his mother only to be rescued by a cop that can see his future in slaying villians that escape the law. This in its self is a bad thing gone good, the urges Dexter feels for the kill have been controlled by his newly found foster father. The love twists really get grips when a lover or two enter dexters life, one being not so good for business gets dealt with eventually. Dexters sister being a fellow cop adds a level of tension to Dexters daily work routines as a blood analyst. But the two biggest ordeals deal with his long lost brother, who shares a common trait and a newly found friend that comfory in dexter style shoes.
    Now we watch and wait as dexter approaches fatherhood.
  • Dexter is a truly unique gem among not just crime shows, but all television shows. It's deliciously twisted, darkly fascinating, and disturbingly amazing.

"Let's just say I'm not exactly the boy next door." Thank God for that. Dexter Morgan is quite possibly the most unique, interesting, intriguing, and fascinating character to ever grace either the small or the big screen. Dexter is a blood spatter forensics expert who works for the Miami Police Department. He is the foster father was a cop, and Deb, his foster sister is also a cop. His girlfriend, Rita, has two children that he cares very much for. But that's just by day. By night, Dexter goes around meting out just on his own terms to people who have beaten the system. Serial killers, serial rapists. Those who have defeated the system are now targeted by Dexter, who is meticulous and exact. Dexter appears to be a caring brother and boyfriend. But in reality, he is a serial killer who targets serial killers.

Dexter is powered by a stunning performance from Michael C. Hall as the title character, Dexter Morgan. Hall is absolutely perfect as both versions of Dexter. There is Dexter Morgan of the day, who cares for his sister, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's children. But the truth is that this Dexter is a fake, a façade. The true Dexter Morgan is smart, cold, and calculating. He feels nothing for anyone. Hall is definitely the best man for the role, and he delivers one of the best performances on the small screen.

Even though Dexter is definitely about Dexter, the supporting cast is also great. Julie Benz is immediately likable as Dexter's broken girlfriend, Rita. She plays the Plain Jane part to the hilt, and she deftly adds the extra layer of brokenness to the character. Jennifer Carpenter as Deb, David Zayas as Angel, Lauren Velex as LaGuerta, James Remar as Harry Morgan, and Erik King as Doakes. All of these characters seem to be a little two-dimensional at the start of the show. But as the first season progresses, you see through the layers of all of the characters, and they become very real and very personable.

Dexter also features a great environmental feel. The color palette of the show is almost oversaturated, and it really pops out the colors of the show. The cinematography of the show is expertly done, as is the music. The music alternates back and forth between intense instrumental pieces and Latin-style pieces that show the spice of life in Miami, Florida. The voiceovers from Dexter also work really well to delve into the mind of Dexter, and it definitely adds a unique feel to the show.

Keep in mind, while I think this is an absolutely amazing show, it's definitely not for everyone. Some of Dexter's kills left me a little bit shaken, particularly his first kill (first for him, not the show). Also, the crime scenes could definitely be disturbing to some people, as the first season revolves around the Ice Truck Killer, a man who kills his victims, dismembers them, and drains the blood from the bodies. There is one crime scene in particular later in Season One that is filled with more blood than you will ever see. Also, since it's on Showtime, they feel obligated to have language and sex. It's no worse than most R-rated films, but it's different for a television show.

Overall, Dexter is deliciously twisted, darkly fascinating, and disturbingly amazing. It's anchored by a powerful and excellent performance from Michael C. Hall, and it also has a great supporting cast. The subject matter may put off some people, but if you want to see a crime procedural that revels in the shades of gray, then Dexter is the show for you. "I'm neither man or beast. I'm something new entirely. With my own set of rules. I'm Dexter. Boo."
  • Visceral, deep, dark emotions in a personal drama.

Double life in a single one, hidden, socially damaged and perfect balanced character. Real emotions reflected in blood, feelings covered by a 'standard', a 'code'. Dexter has action, drama, blood what else for a TV show, far from being an ordinary one, for me is compared to art. Characters feelings contrasted by Dexter's inner self morbid needs, and his double life ruled by a self made ethics code learned from his father in a rush to make a damaged boy into someting productive.
    Shows Dexter's real dark feelings learning about the human life, and how does he evolve with people feelings
  • Serial for night only :)

When i finished all episodes of House I must find some new serial to watching. After short searching I found Dexter , I read some nice reviews so I decided to watching this serial. Now when I am after a few first episodes I can say It`s nice serial to watching for really dark night :) and for people with strong nerves. Serial is really hmm curious and smart , he`s talking about consecutive killer which can hide every assassination and he ofcourse working in police. That`s some psychological war between him and spectators who better to endure the tension. Michael C. Hall ( Dexter Morgan ) is good actor and he really good play that consecutive killer :). I think this serial in next seasons can be only better, for now he is decent so I give him note eight, the rest we will see in future :)
  • you may think the show is about killing, well i think is about living with the idea that no one nows who you truly are.

why should you watch dexter? well, because, by watching it, you actually get to know how a serial killer thinks, you can almost feel what he feels. mainly, the show portrays the life of a man who accepted who he is: a serial killer. dexter is not a bad guy or a hero, i think he is just a sick man who couldn't find a cure. michael c. hall through his character shows another part of a serial killer, a part that let's you think of dexter as a person and nothing more. after watching the show i started to think: could i blame a cop who kills bad guys? could i ask him to stop? am i ofended that someone pays for her/his actions? what i do know is that dexter is my favourite serial killer. i highly recommend the show!
  • ...

So, at the beginning I'll be kinda brutal, because when I first saw "Dexter", the very first thought was - "what the f*ck, who will watch TV show like this. A cop who investigate murders and then kill people..". To sum up first feelings about this show - a crap, which I didn't like and I even didn't give it a chance to prove itself as good show, so as you understood I didn't watch the second episode. But it was a while ago.
    I don't know why and I can't remember why, but couple weeks ago I considered to try to watch it again - the story about psycho - but this time I started to watch with the 3rd season and you won't believe, ok, maybe you do, I fell in love it. Still there are some scenes that are disgusting, but the best thing about it - I like "Dexter". Dexter as character is a "little" bit strange, but now I understood why he keeps murdering people, they are bad guys, who don't receive their punishment so they continue to commit the crimes. So there comes Dex and eliminate them. Bravo! I can speak about the 1st two seasons, but what I like about the 3rd one is the interaction between characters. They are totally linked up with each other. There are romance and there are rough stories. Code of Dexter. The only character that pisses me off sometime is Morgan, because she swears too much. But still I like her as much as Quinn, LaGuerte, Rita, Dexter and Batista.
    And yeah, now I can't wait to see season 4, I'm looking forward to watching it ASAP.
  • It was better before.....

The first season of Dexter was just the best thing ever! i couldn't wait to see another episode.. i spent my hole time anxious for what the hell was going to happen. the second season was tense. i was worried about what could happen to him, but not that anxious, you know? But the third season!?!??! omg! it's a load of rubish!! I CAN'T watch a hole episode without getting bored!!! i just decided i'm not gonna watch Dex anymore. maybe later, on itunes, if i have too much free time, but seriously, sleeping sounds like a much better ideia. and i really used to love it. omg.
  • This is the first show that I recommend to everyone who hasn't seen it. Contains Everything that makes a compelling adventure.

When I first heard about this show I didn't think it would keep me interested in its serial killer premise. Only after watching the very first episode I was hooked! It really is top notch stuff that I crave from many shows that I watch. The people behind this show are great in creating awkward situtations for Dexter to find a 'solution' while also keeping true to each character, which you grow fond of quite rapidly. If you ever have a thirst for blood and a bit of dry humour then this IS the show to keep your week more exciting ^.^
  • This show shows the point of view of Dexter, a cop that also happens to be a serial killer. It shows the personality disfunctions that he deals with, and having little to no emotions

One thing that i hate about this show is that it is only on once a week and on at 1:00 in the morning! Technically that has nothing to do with the show, but the television provider, but whatever! ! I really like this show even though it is kind of disturbing, violent and did i mention disturbing? ? I really love Dexter, even though he will never love me back, because he is just so different that all the other shows main characters that all act the same way. Dexter doesnt really have any emotions, so not a lot of personal conflict,except for the woman who loves him back.
    All in all i really like this show.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10