Dexter

See-Through

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 21, 2007 on Showtime

• Review

Good episode, with the writers trying to get a little bit of everyone involved in the storytelling now. This seemed like the first episode with Doakes, Maria, and Angel all getting some form of scene to themselves. Angel's scene I didn't really get the point of, I don't know if he might have imporved the Bay Harbor Buther case or picked up a new woman with the womens house he visitied. Doakes was interesting - he had a choice to make and I honestly didn't know which way he was going to go. This man wanted to run away and trusted Doakes with it and Doakes didn the right thing. Maria was sleeping with that other womans man all along - I thought that was a fantastic twist that I certainly did not see coming. It all made sense once it was revelaed, but still I did not expect that from Maria. Dexter and Lila still have a great dynamic and it was greatly improved in this episode I thought. I don't think it will be long until she tells us that she knows who he really is. Overall, solid episode but it tried too hard to introduce the other characters into the big picture.