Dexter

Sin of Omission

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 20, 2011 on Showtime

• Dear God.

So what's going on in this season? Why are Travis Marshall and Geller doing all sorts of horrible things to people? Do we really care about the new intern and Batista's sister dating? Is this the worst season yet of Dexter?

Hearing that the show is coming back for two more seasons sort of reveals to us that Dexter won't be caught for a little while. It also makes me not worry about anything that will happen this season between Dexter and Travis. There's no chemistry between these two characters. Seriously, every time Dexter and Marshall are in a scene together, it feels painfully boring.

If there's one thing the show has going for it, it's Deb's growing distrust of Dexter. The more that Dexter blows Deb off, the more she grows suspicious of him. All this time, we thought that Quinn would catch Dexter but maybe it'll be Deb. This is the one thing that the show has going for it at this point. Other then that, everything else is lame.

The lamest of the lame is what the show is doing with 90% of its supporting cast. Batista has nothing to do but sit around and glare at his sister's new boyfriend, the lifeless intern. We have Quinn being drunk all the time and depressed about Deb and LaGuerta being a word that rhymes with "ditch." Seriously, what the heck do we have to do to get some focus from the writers?

And then there's the Doomsday Killers. Travis gets knocked out by Geller and chained to the floor in the church. Dexter actually discovers the church and finds him chained to the floor. So if he's chained, does that mean Geller actually exists and chained him or did Travis chain himself? Who the hell knows... right now, I'm just frustrated with the show.