Dexter

Talk to the Hand

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 11, 2011 on Showtime

7.9
  • What the hell are the writers doing!?

Dexter has really disappointed me this season. I guess it was bound to happen eventually. The Gellar twist was painfully obvious, Travis has randomly changed personalities and the writing generally seems off.

Ever since, Nebraska, a few episodes back, Dexter has acted out of character, and incredibly stupidly. This has made a oncelikeablecharacter a pain in the arse. Seriously. All the cliff-hangers from last week were resolved in the first twenty minutes, taking away any tension. DExter ending up in the sea surrounding by fire should have been a great ending - I didn't really care much. He'll kill/get rid of Travis. And everything will be fine.

DEb seems to have been inching closer to potentially finding out about DExter's dark passenger - something which would redeem the season - BUT instead her therapist makes her believe she's actually in love with her step-brother (I don't care if they're not related, it's really weird) and she imagines kissing him. WTF? WTF? WTF?

Why go there Dexter, why go there? My only hope for the finale is that Deb finds out about Dexter. But the writers probably won't do that. They'll find some way out of it. I'm vagely interested in thisplot linewith Masuka's intern, but not that much. I just want this season over and for Dexter to be good again. Guess we'll wait and see what the writers ruin about the show next week...