Dexter

The Big One

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 12, 2010 on Showtime

• Worst season finale ever

I had so high expectations for this one and was so disappointed I don't even know where to begin. Authors: Why amount so many challenges for the main person when you do not have a trustworthy resolve to any of them? First of all, Dexter's escape from the police surveillance van in the previous episode was just stupid. An experienced police officer with the suspect in handcuffs let himself be killed just like that. And again the same routine at Jordan Chase's camp in this one. A car accident too stupid to even mention, again prisoner and easy escape. Just like that. And why would Debrah, a by the book police officer, resist the urge to really know who was behind that curtain? Ok, she might have suspected it be Dexter, but she couldn't possibly have known for sure. And just leave the crime scene like that? Again a less than trustworthy turn. I have really loved Dexter up until this season and the season finale last year was one of the most emotional in tv history. This year however I felt there were too many loose ends in the story. I have the feeling this series has reached it's peak and I'm not too anxious to watch next season now.