Dexter

The British Invasion

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 16, 2007 on Showtime

• The Brits aren't masterminds.

Okay, so, I just wanted to note a few things that I got P/O over regarding this character 'Lila'/other stuff:

1. When she discovers Dex is a serial killer, she appears impervious to the typical overwhelming and mind-numbing sensation which normally trumps all over feelings. Instead she starts rambling on about Dex's and her own feelings. I'm sorry but she's nothing more than some drama-queen/crack-whore -- I'm pretty sure serial killers are out of her league.

2. The Brits aren't masterminds -- they're always portrayed as some intelligent, harder-to-catch villains but I'm sick and tired of that idea which is complete BS. Am I to believe this drugged up girl keeps escaping Dex just because she's got some British accent (which by the way repulses me -- people say it's cute, but it's just goofy)?

3. If the limey over-stayed her visa she won't be able to leave without being arrested by immigration at the airport.

4. So, how DO YOU get rid of a body in Paris?

All in all, it was a disappointing episode.

For one, it's sad to see Doakes leave the show -- I can't say he was one of my favorite characters but he did up the interest by adding the risk factor.

Two, I didn't like the fact that after all the trouble Lila's been causing all she gets is quick stab and a respectful closing of the eyes.

Here's hoping for a better third season.