Dexter

The British Invasion

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 16, 2007 on Showtime

• Review

A Lila centric episode to end season two. The second half of the season was indeed far better then the first, but overall I was hoping for a bit more from Dexter. This show is so unique and special and they have the perfect guy (Hall) playing this role that will be very hard to duplicate if they ever try to do a show similar to this. Doakes dying in the first couple of minutes at the hands of Lila was not something that I saw coming. I figured Lila and Doakes would both die, but I didn't figure that Lila would be the one to do Doakes in. I thought he would have died in crossfire or something at some point. The second half of the episode certainly dragged on a little bit. Deb misses her plane, so hopefully we see some conclusion with Lundy at the beginning of the next season. Angel is cleared of his name and Lila bites the dust. Overall, they have done everything that they had to do to make seaosn three a new experience. Dexter is still with Rita and has a new slide collection to work on. I think season three will begin with Dexter on a killing spree as opposed to the "I cant kill" at the beginning of this year. Overall - Season 2 was "Slightly Above Average" for me.