Dexter

The Dark Defender

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 28, 2007 on Showtime

• Probably the best season 2 episode yet, and it's not even over.

After one season and four episodes that defined modern television, one would ask just WHAT Dexter had up his sleeve for the remainder of the season? The answer is in the form of this very special episode entitled The Dark Defender, and for a good measure too.
    This episode embodied just what Dexter's about. Excellent character development and riveting, deep plot arcs are what make this episode so good. We find out more harsh truths about Dexter's past and of Harry as well this time around, which add a lot to the tension that has engulfed Dexter already concerning the Butcher investigation, which I might add, might topple Dexter over very soon (hint: the ending). I just might pass out from shock if they continue writing in such an absorbing way. Kudos to the writers yet again for achieving such a level of maturity and keeping the viewers on the edge of their seats, something many writers have stopped doing.
    I cannot say anything more than what has already been said here, other than the fact that I will be tuning in next week surely for what seems to be the mother of all adult TV shows at this time, and hoping Dexter can make it out in one peace.