Dexter

The Dark Defender

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 28, 2007 on Showtime

• Dexter deals with his past, and learns new things about Harry.

Lila tags along with Dexter as he goes after the man that murdered his mother. I'm not sure whether or not I like the character of Lila. She seems too free spirited to keep Dexter grounded; though, she perhaps understands him better than his girlfriend Rita.

The way Lila was holding him after he left the man that killed his father reminded me of mother and child. I wonder if Lila is a substitute for the mother he lost. She seems to provide him with a strange form of unconditional love. It did not surprise me to learn that she had killed someone herself. If she makes it a habit she may come face to face with the Dark Avenger.

Dexter is beginning to see look deeper behind Harry's masks. He is coming to see the man he put up on a pedestal was human. I think Dexter will continue to see new sides to Harry and understand that his Dad did his best.

Debra's continues to suffer from the affects of what the ice trucker killer did to her. Her snooping was very understandable. I did find the FBI's guys interest in her a little creepy, but I'm not sure why. I maybe predisposed to dislike him because he is after Dexter.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. I really can't wait to see what happen now that Dexter is got on tape "cleaning" his boat.