The Dark Defender

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 28, 2007 on Showtime

• Season Two Struggles To Get On Track

Season two has really focused on character pairs. Dexter + Rita and Dexter + Lila are two of the strongest pairs in the group. I'm really not sure what to make of the Lundy + Deb pair that we have seen so much of this season. I don't get what Lundy is supposed to be for Deb - a father figure? I viewed him as being more of the bad guy this season for Dexter, but all he has really done is be there for Deb to assist her thourgh her troubles. Doakes + Maria - Not a pair of characters who I very interested in at all. I liked how Dexter went to approach the man who killed his father, but his struggles to kill this season are starting to get very...annoying? Isn't that why we watch the show. Maybe I should understand the dynamic of what he is going through right now in terms of character devolopment, but I guess that part I hate the most is that he feels "reborn" one minute and then "I can't kill again" two seconds later. Five episodes into season two and I must say those of you who say s2 > s1 must be watching something that I am not.