Dexter

This is the Way the World Ends

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 18, 2011 on Showtime

• Good (not great) final episode to end a disaster of a season.

(spoilers)

Finally, the 12-episode torture of a season is done.

We started off with what I hate: lazy writing (when writers know they need something but don't know how to get there). How many times did you see anyone waiting for anyone on the crime scene? NONE. And now, when we had to have only Dexter there, it miraculously happened. No one even followed him in, and detectives first on the scene wait for the blood specialist? Ridiculous, completely ridiculous.

The narrative of the episode was fine enough. Travis kidnapping Harrison, the building search... Unfortunately, Colin Hanks is so bad in his role (the constant furrowed brow? Really?!) that his scenes were totally non-enjoyable.

The high point, obviously, is the last scene in which Deb finally (if you read the books, it's REALLY finally) sees Dexter do his thing. I think the nicest touch all season was adding the love twist - it will conflict Deb a lot more.

Still, all in all, I can't wait to remove this season from memory and hope that the last scene makes the next one memorable.
NUVOTV