Dexter

This is the Way the World Ends

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 18, 2011 on Showtime

• Why the negativity about Dexter Season 6?

Why all the negativity about Dexter Season 6? I would say that most people who like watching Dexter would find this season just as entertaining as the rest. There are few slightly critical posts remarking on a lack of attention to detail and "reality". Come on guys, this fictional and fantastic TV at it's best. Dexter is a series which succeeds in getting us all rooting for a twisted and deranged serial killer. Please, lets not worry about the reality of it too much. :)

In my humble opinion, Season 6 has by no means been the worst season of Dexter Wasn't that season 3 when dexter became best buddies with Miguel the serial killing prosecutionor? I really enjoyed Season 6. Admittedly this was probably not Dexter's best season either, but like many of these high end US soaps, the first season is nearly always the best, much like sex, booze or drugs, you will never get that same high again, never as good as the first time.

Anyhow, I thought that the whole religious killer thing was an interesting idea, with some quite interesting and gruesome deaths that have only been bettered by the ice truck killer.

Is there really going to be a season 7? As much as I love watching Dexter, you can kick the *rse out of a good idea, so I really hope not.

All in all I found the finale to be exciting, with many sub-plots resolved and some left hanging. This would be, I think, a worthy end to Dexter's killing spree. Why not end on a high and let our imaginations ponder on what happened next?

So long and thanks for Dexter, to everyone who helped put him on our TV screens.