Dexter

This is the Way the World Ends

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 18, 2011 on Showtime

• Season finale of Dexter

I've been a fan of Dexter for a long time (since the beginning) and I have to agree with the people who are saying that season 6 wasn't very good. The Gellar thing didn't help and, with each episode, it seem like the writers just got lazy.

Let's start with the beginning of this episode: How stupid is it that the minute that Dexter starts to drown, a boat shows up...PLEASE! And after he's on the boat, he actually kills the robber in front of everybody and everybody's fine with this...COME ON! Then comes the boring scenes with his son, these reminded me of everything I hated in season 3, Dexter trying to be normal! I get that he has to go through these things on a psychological level but it makes for very boring tv.

Now let's talk about Colin Hanks character, how come the moment he leaves the house where he killed the couple, that's the exact moment the cop show up, like it just started to smell the minute he left the house. And what about him entering Dexter's house, eating cereal, opening the package sent by the intern, all of which while the babysitter is in the other room. Dexter must have some amazing isolation in his walls. Don't get me started on the way he kidnaps Dexter's son!

Anyways, thank god for Deb and that ending! Nice to see that there's finally something interesting happening.