Dexter

This is the Way the World Ends

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 18, 2011 on Showtime

• oh god, did they change writers this season?

Well how disappointing was this season? It`s hard to think that this is from the same writers of season 1-5...sure they`ve shown their limits with some disappointing finales in the past but such a lackluster season? :O, it`s actually a bigger shocker to be than the actual ending of the season....drastic drop from excellence to mediocrity.

The finale did not save the season...far from that, it was bad. With the exception of season 4 and 1 , all dexter finales were either bad (season 3), very disappointing/meh (season 2 ) or just ok (season 5). This one relied heavily on the cliffhanger. It is a great cliffhanger and I can`t wait to see where they go with that. The 5 I give this is mostly because of the ending. But the rest was terrible. The amount of stupidity we are supposed to just go with here is shocking. So they just "wait" for dexter before entering a crime scene now so that he can conveniently just remove his face from that drawing?? Really ? When did they ever wait for dexter before entering a crime scene??? Dexter tells Deb he`ll be going to the old church after that play with his son and Dexter thinks it is like a good idea to just set up a kill scene there?? If Dexter was so sloppy, he would have been caught in season 1. Are we supposed to not laugh at the "security" on building tops? Like Travis actually gain access to the build in the first place? One cop per building? And the list goes on and on like when Dexter thinks it`s a good idea to send a video of himself to the most wanted man of the city.This is just bad bad writing..some of the worst I`ve seen from any shows recently. Best episode of the season was the first one, tells you all really. Otherwise the villains were never really threatening, Dexter was untouchable, they came up with the worst idea of having Deb fall in love with Dexter, they came up with tons of over the top set pieces and that twist that looked good in psycho....back in 1960....wow. But we have the cliffhanger, hope for the show...I do hope they know they`ve completely screw up the season of one of the most critically acclaimed shows on TV and get back on track. A season to forget.