Dexter's Laboratory Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Dexter back on CN?

Cyrope

[1]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 8

who thinks that Dexters Lab should return to CN with brand new episodes?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CF3689

[2]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 22
    i definately think it should come back on CN but not w/ new eps. if it came back with new eps, then the show just wouldnt be the same. i mean, i doubt CN can get all the original VA's back, the animation wouldnt be the same(obviously), and so many other things would be different. just my opinion

zukone

[3]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    Cyrope wrote:

Would love for them to do it like a spin off and with him older.

Comicguy87

[4]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    They did make new episodes back in 2001-2003 they were terrible the animation was very poor, the characters were redisigned like Dexter had a funny shaped head, square shaped body, buckteeth, and a weird haircut, his parents were very scrawny, Mandark had a weird shaped head, and his teacher looked like he was drawn by a five year old, the storylines were terrible for the most part, and worst of all Christine Chavanaugh retired from voice acting and Candi Milo replaced her and she sounded absoulutely nothing like Christine, Candi made him speak in a high nasaly whiney voice, they should've highered Nancy Cartwright she sounded fairly close to Chuckie from Rugrats after Christine left and Dexter sounds sounds like Chuckie with a Russian or German accent.
    Edited on 01/17/2009 12:28pm

timbox129

[6]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    zukone wrote:
    Cyrope wrote:

Good idea, zukone! A spinoff of Dexter's Lab with an Older Dexter would definitively be great! I think the idea of a Dexter's Lab spinoff with an older Dexter have been consideration in my mind for a long time. I predict that the Dexter's Lab spinoff would be made for theatres and should be one of, if not, the biggest, greatest, most ambitious and groundbreaking film projects ever undetaken, and one of if not, the biggest, greatest, coolest, most ambitious and groundbreaking combination of 2D traditional (and Digital Ink and Paint) hand drawn and CGI animation, visual effects and live action since Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Space Jam, Dexter's Odyssey (which would be shot in a 2.40:1 widescreen aspect ratio for each of the 9 films which would also be shot entirely using 24-P High Definition Digital Video Progressive Scan cameras or so).

It should be released as 9 three hours long (or more) episodes but made back to back, concurrently, and at once, in one immense process. When finished, totalling 27 or 36 hours, produced and released by my Tim Box production company, Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures, and Cartoon Network as well, and having the 2D traditional animation remaining more faithful to the look, depth, flavor, etc. as the first 2 seasons of Dexter's Lab, The Ego Trip movie, The Powerpuff Girls, and the Powerpuff Girls movie, Dexter's Odyssey would distance itself from the later 2001-2003 seasons of Dexter's Laboratory and maybe all 9 Dexter's Odyssey films should make fans and even critics much more happier or so.

And wait a minute, Zukone! I forgot to tell you what Dexter's Odyssey will be about! Anyway, in Dexter's Odyssey, Convinced that Dexter (also known as Dexter Odysseus Zarus), and one of Dee Dee's friends, Lee Lee, turned out to be "The Chosen Two" according to an ancient prophecy (which orders a Caucasian male and, in addition, a female of Shangaran(or Asian) ancestry to end the evil reign of Mandark, the Supreme Dark Lord of Astronoma), Dexter (armed with an enchanted and mighty sword with great magical powers called the Sword of the Phoenix), his sister, Dee Dee, her friends, Mee Mee and Lee Lee, and 8 other members of a fellowship of 12 companians called the Caravan of Timboxia (including a character that I've made up, Tearak the Troodon), embarks on an epic and perilous journey through the lands of Timboxia to reach Astronoma in order for Dexter and Lee Lee to fufill the prophecy that they will one day destroy the evil Mandark in his fiery furnace from which he came, the Cracks of Astronoma. Along the way, The Caravan of Timboxia encounters creatures such as dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, sabertooth tigers, Strong Borgs (Mandark's infantry, footsoldiers, etc.) and other strange creatures, as well as cultures, and characters such as Mojo Jojo, Fuzzy Lumpkins, The Gangreen Gang, the Powerpuff Girls, Professor Utonium and Olga Lalavava (in her first appearance since the Dexter's Lab episode, Dee Dee's Rival), The Grand Arch Duchess of the Astronomean Empire of the Great Mandark.

Well, a few years earlier, everybody, especially you guys, should have laugh off what I'm saying to you because 1) the technology wasn't there anymore almost, 2) There are changes in Cartoon Network's format, appearance, etc., 3) Dexter hadn't been good since Ego Trip, and last but not least, Cartoon Network hadn't been good since Tartakovsky left CN in 2005. But, one day, none of them would not say no to me and my dexter project. I would be prepared for and practice for the development, making, production, and release of my Dexter's Odyssey films.

Well, Zukone, would that be great or what? Well, Tell me, Zukone.

Edited on 01/17/2009 1:29pm

TackyRackyComix

[7]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    I would love for the show to be back--it's always been my favorite cartoon. But, then, it was ended and returned once before, and we all know how that worked out...

A revival of the show would just not be as good as the original series.
    Although, I do have a proposal. Many of you watched Cartoon Network in its golden years, right? And you probably remember those little music videos they would occasionally show during commercial breaks, right? Well, one that I distinctly remember was of a song about the show's basic plotline ("Dee Dee and Dexter", performed by They Might Be Giants) with an anime-inspired animation style which I found amazing. If they produced a show like that (an anime version of Dexter's Laboratory), I would definitely watch it. They already have a plot, drawings of the characters, title, and a theme song (at the very least for the English version of the show). So why not? They did it for The Powerpuff Girls, so why not Dexter's Lab--er, I mean, "Dee Dee and Dexter"? :-)

dissapearing

[8]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 9
    well if you have time warner digital cable, dexter comes on boomerang (channel 190) at 9:30pm

Animaniacs1990

[9]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    I don't think they should make new episodes. After seeing the Powerpuff Girls 10th Anniversery special, I would hate to see what they would do with Dexter.

Ed-Ventures

[10]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 20
    Love for it to come back but not sure about new episodes beacause it would probably turn into Johnny Test (Having bad thoughts)

rexeljet

[11]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    I don't think it should return with new episodes. A fanmade series would be OK, but an official series would just bring the series down, especially with all the politically correct garbage shown on CN these days.

Ed-Ventures

[12]Apr 6, 2009
    timbox129 wrote:
    zukone wrote:
    Cyrope wrote:

Good idea, zukone! A spinoff of Dexter's Lab with an Older Dexter would definitively be great! I think the idea of a Dexter's Lab spinoff with an older Dexter have been consideration in my mind for a long time. I predict that the Dexter's Lab spinoff would be made for theatres and should be one of, if not, the biggest, greatest, most ambitious and groundbreaking film projects ever undetaken, and one of if not, the biggest, greatest, coolest, most ambitious and groundbreaking combination of 2D traditional (and Digital Ink and Paint) hand drawn and CGI animation, visual effects and live action since Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Space Jam, Dexter's Odyssey (which would be shot in a 2.40:1 widescreen aspect ratio for each of the 9 films which would also be shot entirely using 24-P High Definition Digital Video Progressive Scan cameras or so).

It should be released as 9 three hours long (or more) episodes but made back to back, concurrently, and at once, in one immense process. When finished, totalling 27 or 36 hours, produced and released by my Tim Box production company, Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures, and Cartoon Network as well, and having the 2D traditional animation remaining more faithful to the look, depth, flavor, etc. as the first 2 seasons of Dexter's Lab, The Ego Trip movie, The Powerpuff Girls, and the Powerpuff Girls movie, Dexter's Odyssey would distance itself from the later 2001-2003 seasons of Dexter's Laboratory and maybe all 9 Dexter's Odyssey films should make fans and even critics much more happier or so.

And wait a minute, Zukone! I forgot to tell you what Dexter's Odyssey will be about! Anyway, in Dexter's Odyssey, Convinced that Dexter (also known as Dexter Odysseus Zarus), and one of Dee Dee's friends, Lee Lee, turned out to be "The Chosen Two" according to an ancient prophecy (which orders a Caucasian male and, in addition, a female of Shangaran(or Asian) ancestry to end the evil reign of Mandark, the Supreme Dark Lord of Astronoma), Dexter (armed with an enchanted and mighty sword with great magical powers called the Sword of the Phoenix), his sister, Dee Dee, her friends, Mee Mee and Lee Lee, and 8 other members of a fellowship of 12 companians called the Caravan of Timboxia (including a character that I've made up, Tearak the Troodon), embarks on an epic and perilous journey through the lands of Timboxia to reach Astronoma in order for Dexter and Lee Lee to fufill the prophecy that they will one day destroy the evil Mandark in his fiery furnace from which he came, the Cracks of Astronoma. Along the way, The Caravan of Timboxia encounters creatures such as dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, sabertooth tigers, Strong Borgs (Mandark's infantry, footsoldiers, etc.) and other strange creatures, as well as cultures, and characters such as Mojo Jojo, Fuzzy Lumpkins, The Gangreen Gang, the Powerpuff Girls, Professor Utonium and Olga Lalavava (in her first appearance since the Dexter's Lab episode, Dee Dee's Rival), The Grand Arch Duchess of the Astronomean Empire of the Great Mandark.

Well, a few years earlier, everybody, especially you guys, should have laugh off what I'm saying to you because 1) the technology wasn't there anymore almost, 2) There are changes in Cartoon Network's format, appearance, etc., 3) Dexter hadn't been good since Ego Trip, and last but not least, Cartoon Network hadn't been good since Tartakovsky left CN in 2005. But, one day, none of them would not say no to me and my dexter project. I would be prepared for and practice for the development, making, production, and release of my Dexter's Odyssey films.

Well, Zukone, would that be great or what? Well, Tell me, Zukone.

Dude do you not think you took that to far?

and I would hate to have an older version of dexter in his own cartoon (ego trip was ok)

CF3689

[13]Apr 8, 2009

rexeljet wrote:
    I don't think it should return with new episodes. A fanmade series would be OK, but an official series would just bring the series down, especially with all the politically correct garbage shown on CN these days.

agreed

Ed-Ventures

[14]Apr 9, 2009
    Dexter's Laboratory Is Back In The UK Every Night On Cartoon Network TOO At Half Nine

CF3689

[15]Apr 9, 2009

Ed-Ventures wrote:
    Dexter's Laboratory Is Back In The UK Every Night On Cartoon Network TOO At Half Nine

you're lucky i wish CN would show Dexter again

Ed-Ventures

[16]Apr 10, 2009
    CF3689 wrote:

Ed-Ventures wrote:

you're lucky i wish CN would show Dexter again

It does in the UK but pretty late at night

Kingcool7789

[17]May 28, 2009
    • level: 39
    Yeah but in reruns not with new episodes though.

Ed-Ventures

[18]Jun 11, 2009

Kingcool7789 wrote:
    Yeah but in reruns not with new episodes though.

ano