Dharma & Greg

And the In-Laws Meet

Aired Unknown Oct 01, 1997 on ABC

• They should just call it the Dharma show..

Dharma gets the feeling that her mother in law dosen't like her, so she sets out on a mission to try and change that. Things keep going wrong when her behavior dosen't sit well with Kitty. Dharma and Greg decide to throw a wedding party, one which both their parents oppose to. After much discussion, the in laws meet and all hell breaks loose.

I thought it was hilarious. Felt smoother than the pilot. More familiar and comfortable. That's normal with sitcoms, because with sitcoms, you need to like the characters in order to find their jokes funny in my oponion and that's what's happening here, 'm starting to like the characters. One thing I find ridiculous though is how Dharma has almost all the jokes. It helps that she's really likeable but she's the only person on this show with real character. She's a stereotype, yes, but one that's been written and portrayed in such a fresh, energetic way. I do not like her father though, he just dosen't fit in. I think it's because nothing he said has been funny so far. Anyway, a great installment.
  • Ah, classic Romero and Juliet story.

Ah, this series never fails to bring a smile to my face. So here's what's happened so far. Dharma and Greg just got married on the day they met. Needless to say, their parents are shocked. Not so much their friends. And not Dharma's parents, just Greg's. The two families haven't even met and the chaos is already taking over! So when they do finally meet, all hell boils over. Larry (Dharma's dad) and Ed (Greg's dad) go golfing with Greg and Pete, and the two argue about the Vietnam War the whole time! You see, Ed was a soldier in it, and Larry was a hippie protester. Meanwhile, Abby (Dharma's mom) and Kitty (Greg's mom) are fighting over God knows what, and it's pretty much just all a living hell. I can't really remember this episode all too well, so it might just be best if you watch it on youtube.