Dharma & Greg Forums

ABC (ended 2002)

Why was it cancelled?

divinematt

[1]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 5
    I know all shows end, but why did it end on a cliffhanger?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

javaluver

[2]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    Don't quote me on this but I think that they were expecting to do another season but then the network didn't pick it up again. It was so confusing because they kept moving it's time-slot. That's probably why it lost a lot of viewers despite the fact that it was really funny show. I know I gave up looking for it after a while.

tootbuc

[3]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    I'd like to know why it was cancelled also. I doubt if even the cast members knew it. Don't know who came up with Courting Alex, but they really blew it, that stunk. They need to give her a show where she is Dharma, because she is Dharma in real life. Leave the boyfriends out of it. She needs another show, because she could carry it with a great supporting cast.

emerdavid

[4]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 18
    tootbuc wrote:
    .... They need to give her a show where she is Dharma, because she is Dharma in real life. Leave the boyfriends out of it. She needs another show, because she could carry it with a great supporting cast.

She could always take over from Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore. :-)

cornelialover

[5]Aug 25, 2006
    i liked that show
    why was it cancelled

cornelialover

[6]Aug 31, 2006
    im sad that its gone

wikiman48

[7]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 19
    I just looked into it and the show was cancelled due to low ratings along with Spin City and Once And Again. ABC most of done something wrong with their schedule that year because three used-to-be-hit comedys were all cancelled! The show ended on a cliff hanger because ABC planed send the show to another network to have another season! However the plans fell through!

angrodpallanen

[8]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 22
    Too bad. Tonight the last episode of the series is shown on The Dutch Television (after one of our networks broadcasted the entire five seasons in, say, six months or so)  and I'll finally be able to see it! I'm really looking forward to it, especially since I missed part 1 of The Mamas And The Papas, yesterday.

belleame

[9]Feb 5, 2007
    Yes, I also think it was because it was moved around and pre-empted so often, and occasionally put up against another highly rated show, that ratings declined. I had to travel for work and I wanted to tape it, but I usually did not know the schedule in advance in order to set the VCR!

sweetheart07

[10]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    That was a good show,it was so funny...

marioman50

[11]Mar 14, 2007
    did it really end at a cliffhanger?, I forget. this was a good show though. what happened in the last episode again?

tuesdayj

[12]Mar 22, 2007
    It was cancelled because Elfmann had a broadway show in the works  (never panned out)

Last episode left Greg & Dharma in a stalled out bus in the snow, discussing how they would raise their children.

txgirl75

[13]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 23
    javaluver wrote:
    Don't quote me on this but I think that they were expecting to do another season but then the network didn't pick it up again. It was so confusing because they kept moving it's time-slot. That's probably why it lost a lot of viewers despite the fact that it was really funny show. I know I gave up looking for it after a while.
    I did too. I don't think I even saw the whole last season. Thankgoodness for WE. Catch up now.

PiperPrueLover4

[14]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    I would have loved to see Dharma and Greg (especially Dharma) with children. It would make the best storylines ever.

stimpykatz

[15]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 4

can someone please tell me the end?

i loved that show but i have never seen the last episode..or at least i can't remember. how did she show end? was it a happy end??

Water78

[16]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 47
    low ratings is ur answer i really dont know much about the final episode.

DarkNinja1994

[17]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 27
    That's too bad. I liked this show.

chaosrainz

[18]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 17
    FYI, if anybody reads this... lol

I just saw this eppie on FX last week and came here to check and see if it was the final episode or not. It did have a final quality to it so I wanted to check.

It ended with Dharma and Greg stranded in Larry's bus in a snowstorm. While they were waiting for AAA to come and get them, they had a discussion about how they would raise any hypothetical children because they were both so different. Dharma was having doubts as to whether or not they would make it and seemed to be regretting their relationship and sounding like maybe they should end it. However, Greg talked her thru it and they realized that things would work out. Dharma told Greg she wanted them to make a baby and he said, "right now?" and she answered yes.

They then started kissing and AAA showed up and Greg told them to go away that they were fine.

The end shows the bus and the tow truck driving walking away in the snow with Dharma and Greg in the bus presumably starting to "get busy"!

KnownasJJ4EVER

[19]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 4

wikiman48 wrote:
    I just looked into it and the show was cancelled due to low ratings along with Spin City and Once And Again. ABC most of done something wrong with their schedule that year because three used-to-be-hit comedys were all cancelled! The show ended on a cliff hanger because ABC planed send the show to another network to have another season! However the plans fell through!

Aw, that's really upsetting I just watched the finale episode. It definitely did have finale quality, though. I think it has more of a finale feel to it if you stop watching it after the scene when they tell the AAA to go away, because once it goes to Edward getting subpoenaed and whatnot, it totally just takes you out of the feel of like, "Oh dang, the show's really over," to feeling curious about whole cliffhanger that never gets solved.