Diagnosis Murder

CBS (ended 2001)

laurameyer

Diagnosis Murder Fan Reviews (36)

• This series is the best ever. It is funny, sad, intriguing and very very capitaving. For anyone who has not seen it you are hooked from the first episode the last, you know the team are going to get their murderer but no story is ever the same.

Doctor Mark Sloan (Dick Van Dyke)and his colleagues,together with his gorgeous policeman son both on and off screen Steve Sloan (Barry Van Dyke(who also played St. John Hawk in Airwolf)investigate both usual and unusual murders, my favourite of which is Malibu Fire, closely followed by Retribution (1) and (2) in which Steve is on a life support machine after being gunned down by a prisoner who has a grudge against Mark Sloan. Steve does not recover until the final throws of the first episode, by which time his dad has been framed for murder and sentenced to death. Of course Steve, although on sick leave, sets out to clear his father's name.
    We are so lucky at the moment in the UK as we have the episodes on both BBC and Hallmark totalling three hours a day! Long may it continue!