Diff'rent Strokes Forums

NBC (ended 1986)

RIP Gary Coleman

oreo_cookie5m

[1]May 28, 2010
    • level: 10

Link to article here

Gary Coleman died at age 42 of a brain hemmorage. RIP Gary

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chipslinger

[2]May 29, 2010
    • level: 12

Gary was a really funny kid, but his fame and talent didn't seem to make him happy. He made a lot of money, but I heard his parents took most of the money he made. He had a lot of health problems, and that stunted his growth. He looked cute as a kid, but just kind of strange as an adult. All the kids on Different Strokes seemed to have a hard time adjusting to life after the show. It was even referred to as the Different Strokes syndrome, where child actors have a hard time adjusting to life as an adult. Dano Plato I think has died, after posing in Playboy, and then trying to rob a video store. Todd Bridges killed a drug dealer. I heard him say he is turning his life around, but he really hit rock bottom. As for Gary Coleman, he tried to avoid bad press, but somehow it found him, as he himself said. A final irony is that he died of a brain hemorage, in fact you could say that what killed him was a different "stroke." Gary Coleman entertained us, but for him his life was no picnic. May he rest in peace.

NikiMattson

[3]May 29, 2010
    • level: 11
    I know all those kids went through a heck of a hard time after Diff'rent Strokes. That's too bad. I always thought Dana was so pretty and Gary was funny and cute, he was just my size, even as a teenager and adult, I actually grew about three inches taller than him. I wonder if BET or TVOne or TVLand/Nick at Nite will honor him, at least a little bit, by having some kind of Diff'rent Strokes marathon. I'm STILL waiting for Season 3 and up on DVD!!!

Raccoon1459

[4]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    He made millions of people happy, including me. Now we'll never hear him say, "What you talkin' about, Willis?" again.

afrundzhyan75

[5]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 7

RIP GARY ColemanCry