Digimon: Digital Monsters Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TV AsahiIn Season

DM Live Action Movie

StuntF50

[1]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 2

Okay, this has been brought up before. But listen, a live-action Digimon movie will be great, so many Animes have been turning into Live-Action movies, like Transformers (best movie ever), X-Men, Iron Man, Dragonball (according to UpcomingMovies), etc.

I've read in some threads how people discussed how you couldn't get an actor for Tai, etc. But they should make it a completly different stories just like Michael Bay did with Transformers. Maybe include the main Digimon though. It'd be nice if Bay took on this project too though. What do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HEATXZ

[2]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    I would like to see a Live action Digimon but i can't think of any child actors besides Dakota Fanning

lighting_blond

[3]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 24
    A live action movie sounds great.

CanadianJosh

[4]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 1

I'm happy I found a forum where some people are hoping this movie will be made. I have high hopes in life, and hope one day maybe even i'll get the opportunity to work on a movie for this. But until then I can just imagine stuff. I'm currently working on writing a series of Digimon films. Probably a trilogy. Sort of how Michael Bay did with Transformers and changing the story around to fit todays realism, and today's culture. It wouldn't be a Japan based movie, probably New York City. And time wise I'm not sure if I would keep the original 7 Digi-Destined, instead have 4 or 5. even though it kills me to do that because i'd love to see ALL their digimon and their evolutionary forms on the big screen.

In the first film I didn't want to instantly thrust the kids into the Digital World, so it'd probably take place entirely in the real world. Devimon is slowly appearing in the real world, as a major computer virus is infecting everything. Internet, Computers, Business, phone, Military, and leading up to Devimon being able to send his own drones through to the real world, to make way for his enevitable arrival. It'd be a bit like Season 3, with the Digimon Bioemerging. Jennai caught wind of Devimon's attack and sent7 digivices to the real world. Devimon captured Jennai and closed the portal to the real world, and only 5 of the digivice's made it through. Ty (Tyler), Sara, Matt, TK (abbreviated Theodore Kramer), and Izzy become the first five Digidestined, and in the first act of the film they'll be introduced to their Digimon, the situation, and the first ofDevimon's goons. Ogremon follows Ty on his way home from school and attacks him, Agumon (whome Ty is still a bit skeptical about) saves the day and Digivolves to Greymon, in a hardcore back alley brawl with Ogremon. Leomon, under the control of Devimon, spies on the kids, realizing their powers, he devises a trap where Seadramon attacks the waterfront. While Garurumon is battling Seadramon, TK is kidnapped by Leomon. In the end, in a final 30-45minute epic climax, the 4 champion Digimon (Greymon, Birdramon, Garurumon, and Kabuterimon) battle enemies such as Ogremon, Leomon, Kawagamon, Monochromon, and an army of Bakemon, ultimately ending in a huge brawl with Devimon, where Leomon is freed from his control and saves TK. And the only way to end his reign, and defeat the virus, and also regain entry to the Digital World...Pataman digivolves to Angemon and defeats Devimon...THe city returns to its normal state, and when the kids think their task is done...a hologram of Jennai appears before them telling them of the task they must complete in the digiworld. 2 more Digivices come through the portal and find themselves in the hands of two supporting characters...Mimi and Joe, who have been a supporting part of the story along the way. They say goodbye to their families and venture into the Digital World...

In the second film, i haven't got a definite story yet. But it would involve villains such as the imfamous dark masters, perhaps altered a bit, having them being Ultimate levels rather than Megas, and them being lead by Myotismon. We'd involve Mimi and Joe's digimon, and another new character they run into along the way named Will, and his partner Digimon; Terriermon. The quest for the tags and crests (maybe condensed a bit to fit a 2 hour movie), and would end in returning to the Real World, for a new war against Myotismon, and to find the 9th DigiDestined Child...THe 3rd movie would be exploring more of their ultimate level forms, the fued between Matt and Ty, their Mega Levels, and the final battle with VenomMyotismon and Apocalymon, ending with them saying goodbye to their Digimon partners....

I haven't started writing yet. I'm just getting ideas down for the 1st film. I dunno if i'd write a sequel Trilogy based on the Season 2 series which would be 4 years after the 1st three films, to keep ages right, but we'll see. I have some cool ideas. I dunno how to keep it PG, with the amounts of action I want...think of the brawl between King Kong and the T-Rex in the 2005 movie...but Greymon vs Monochromon or Birdraman vs Kawagamon...it'd be sweet...

and get this........Orlando Bloom as Angemon....that'd be sweet...

DigiFoxCat

[5]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    Oh please! If you're going to do a live action movie, it shouldn't be a remake of one of the seasons. It's gotta be original. Plus, No Actors as digimon!!!! Somethin' like tamers, set mostly in the real world and some amazing CGs. Oh and usually topics like these are more fun if you're trying to pick actors to play the characters/do voices. FoxCat Out

animecrazy99

[6]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 9
    StuntF50 wrote:

Okay, this has been brought up before. But listen, a live-action Digimon movie will be great, so many Animes have been turning into Live-Action movies, like Transformers (best movie ever), X-Men, Iron Man, Dragonball (according to UpcomingMovies), etc.

I've read in some threads how people discussed how you couldn't get an actor for Tai, etc. But they should make it a completly different stories just like Michael Bay did with Transformers. Maybe include the main Digimon though. It'd be nice if Bay took on this project too though. What do you think?

i think the idea about dragonball was brought up a couple of years ago in 200-2002, i'm not sure, i only skimmed the article, but yeah digimon live action cool

DAGGET35

[7]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 20
    Perhaps they could create an original timeline completely unrelated to the series? New story, characters, villains, digivices, the works. Probably have to be as long as the POTC movies to fit everything without suffocating the audience with all the info though. But with the right cast and crew it could work. I just hope they don't get those really young child actors. They just aren't as good as the one's that used to be everywhere.

CanadianJosh

[8]Jul 11, 2007

I think the kids should be a bit older than the ages they were on the show. Instead of being 12 or 13...they could be 15 or 16. More Americanized, change the names.

1. Josh Hutcherson as Tyler or Ty(Tai)

2. Max Thieriot as Matt

3. Jonah Bobo as TK

4. Michael Seater as Izzy

5. Stacey Farber as Sara (Sora)

or something...Could pull a Michael Bay move, and have Huga Weaving do the voice of Megatron. Keith David would make an excellent Leomon voice. Maybe even some of the original voice actors could do the Rookie or Champion digimon.

CanadianJosh

[9]Jul 11, 2007
    I meant have Hugo Weaving voice Devimon, not Megatron. My bad.

bag2218

[10]Jul 11, 2007

A Frontier, Tamers,or Adventure 01 live action movie could easily be one of the most awesome animes that have become live action movies(But it'd have to do alot of work to beat Transformers) The only hard part would be finding the right actors(Especially for tamers and frontier)

DAGGET35

[11]Jul 11, 2007
    So true.

tbrumfield1991

[12]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 2

LikeI said over at IMDb, I would love to see the Dark Masters on the big screen. Just imagine Metal Seadamon jumping up out of the water and blasting away things in New York (or Cali, does't matter, wherever!) or Machinedramon hiding out in the sewers and then crashing up through the streets or wherever in a big battle with a good Digimon. That would be so fly, LoL!

I thin they should just go ahead and make a new storyline with the live action movie. Or remake the second and fourth aime movie with Diaboromon and his mega form (the name slips my mind).

DAGGET35

[13]Jul 13, 2007
    I love the idea's for the Dark Masters! I can just imagine all the awesome dramatic entrances they'd have and the the mass destruction that'd follow! I hope they keep the same voice actors though. I found they really fit their characters and when they said their attacks it was so bad ass. Gave me chills as a kid.

Flame_Killa

[14]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH, Hell no.
    Edited on 07/16/2007 4:41am

gunner_yuna123

[15]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    Live action kills everything except X-men and other comics that were made into movies they were good. Transformers wasn't all that good from what I can tell. It so phails as a film. If you want a Digimon Live action film you will be very disapointed.

DAGGET35

[16]Jul 16, 2007

Not as long as it's given it's own unique story so it won't be tied down with staying 'correct' with previous series. It can stay in the same, but at the same time, separate universes. That'd and they'd need some a really good cast. Besides they're making a Powerpuff Girls movie so why can't they make a Digimon movie? It's only fair.

gunner_yuna123

[17]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    ...Oh god they gonna kill Powerpuff girls? Why is all our childhood shows being turned to crap!

shaders4

[18]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 8

gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    ...Oh god they gonna kill Powerpuff girls? Why is all our childhood shows being turned to crap!

Hollywood is ran by demons who love totake our childhood memories, destory them, make something totally bad, and sell it for millons (but transformers was good) i also heard rumors of a thundercats and speed racer movies

Edited on 07/17/2007 12:51am
    Edited 2 total times.

edmasterchaos

[19]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 41
    shaders4 wrote:

gunner_yuna123 wrote:

Hollywood is ran by demons who love totake our childhood memories, destory them, make something totally bad, and sell it for millons (but transformers was good) i also heard rumors of a thundercats and speed racer movies

yeah, since they made the transformers movie, every 80-90 animated show is getting a movie, thundercats, underdog, speed racers and tons of others.
    BTW i dont like the idea, for a live action movie to work it needs a lot of things, things that are usually replaced by the cheap crappy ones, so it's a no for me

DigiFoxCat

[20]Jul 17, 2007
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    shaders4 wrote:

gunner_yuna123 wrote:

yeah, since they made the transformers movie, every 80-90 animated show is getting a movie, thundercats, underdog, speed racers and tons of others.
    BTW i dont like the idea, for a live action movie to work it needs a lot of things, things that are usually replaced by the cheap crappy ones, so it's a no for me

Please, just think in the near future they'll be turning our love childhood shows into garbage. Ok, I admit that some of them have been better than others, but please a Digimon Live action is going if ever made some of the same stuff as the worst ones of these Cartoon live action remakes. Just think how a live action Naruto movie would be! Stop with the butchering of our Cartoons! :O