Dinner: Impossible

Food Network (ended 2010)

layle1

Dinner: Impossible Fan Reviews (7)

• "A complete waste of Time NOW"

What a way to turn a great show with Chef Robert Irvine into a boring just run of the mill show. So Chef Irvine made up some white lies and he is not forgiven and given a second chance. That is pathetic! This is America isn't that what we are all about. I like Chef Symon on the Iron Chef but he can't hold a candle to Chef Irvine on this show. They need to think outside of the box a get Chef Symon his own show not taking over a show that is simply not made to show off his strengths. BRING IRVINE BACK!!!!
  • What a waste of time to watch now. BRING BACK ROBERT!

I am so not please with the choice to take Robert Irvine off the show. The new Chef stinks. I want Robert back. So what he padded his CV who hasnt. I have removed this show from my DVR and refuse to watch the new one. Its so depressing they the networks keep taking all the good shows and people off of our favorite shows. If they continue to do this no one will watch TV anymore was to go. Robert was great on Dinner Impossible and I would love to see him back. I really hope someone down the line on another network picks him up for a new show. I would love to see him and Paula Dean do something together. For now Food Network as lost me as a viewer.
  • Wow what an intresting show.

Great with Robert.
  • good food network show...

Dinner Impossible follows Chef Robert Irvine through difficult challenges. Most of the challenged he is catering for large groups under time restraints. They're have also been challenges with few supplies and limited cooking methods. He has two sous chefs along with any chef that is there to help him that episode. The two George's are his sous chefs, which is halrious how they're both George. I like the idea of the show and it's pretty interesting and entertaining, the only problem, however, is it's drama. The show, at times, can be incredably over-dramatic and it drives me crazy. The begining of each episode is like a day time drama for food. Anyways, despite the drama problem, the show is entertaining and fun to watch.
  • The original chef is always best!

This show was certainly abyssal when that "other" chef took it over. Now there is reason to celebrate because Robert Irvine is back. Robert is awesome because he keeps his cool, always completing his mission. The other chef made the show too gruff and harsh. It's hard to explain, but fans of Chef Robert will understand what I mean. I was shocked when Robert was no longer on the show, I felt he was wrongly let go. Now it's great to see Food Network realize their mistake and reinstate the proper chef back on his show. Welcome back Chef Robert, we're thrilled that your back.
  • Head Chef Robert Irvine tries to do the impossible when it comes to food.

The show begins like a Knight-Rider MI clone: a female voice comes on, tells Robert what his mission is and he's off! Whether he's cooking for a gathering in rual Maine or for celebs at a golfing tournament, Irvine is up to each challenge. Sometimes there is little or no equipment, and things are improvised; ie: plastic concrete buckets are used as mashed potato bowls. As he races against time, Irvine also manages to inspire dishes for you to try at home, especially great 'on the fly' desserts. Robert's staff of two sous chefs named "George" are also entertaining. The food shopping is a riot to watch, big beefy guys running around the market gathering masses of groceries. Very fun, my 15 year old loves it as well.
  • This is/was one of my favorite shows. I made a point of making sure I never missed an episode.

I'm sorely disappointed to see Chef Irvine gone from the show.I know he told some white lies,but who of us doesn't? The network just lost another viewer.I guess it just frees up my time to watch another show on another network now. I like Symon on Iron chef but he just can't replace Robert.This show was made for Irvine and it fit him perfectly.I am becoming so disenchanted with t.v Every time I find a show I love the network replaces it with some poor substitute.I just pray another network sees Irvine for the gem he his and gives him his own show.
COOK