Dinosaur Train

Weekdays 9:30 AM on PBS Premiered Sep 07, 2009 Between Seasons

taker65

Dinosaur Train Fan Reviews (6)

• PBSKids has released one of the fall 2009 season's greatest delights in "Dinosaur Train," a CGI children's animated series from the Jim Henson Company and the creative mind of Craig Bartlett ("Hey Arnold!") Meet all the species on the dinosaur train!

Once upon a time there was a mom named Mrs. Pterandon and she had three young pteranodons named Shiny, Tiny and Don. Out of one of her eggs, however, hatched a completely different kind of dinosaur, one which she doesn't know what kind it is, but is determined to love him all the same. She adopted him as a member of her family. She names him Buddy and although he loves his family, he's also very curious and determined to discover his origins. Thus begins "Dinosaur Train"!

Not just a dream come true come true for fans of dinosaurs, trains, or both, "Dinosaur Train" features fantastic CGI animation and stories that are truly well-done. The story teaches great lessons, generally of the same type you'd find in others like this (be true to yourself, help others, etc etc.) but it also presents the best scientific knowledge about dinosaurs in a way that is truly entertaining.

This program reminds me a lot of "Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends" (a top favorite of mine) both in appearance and in the values it promotes. Buddy is quickly becoming a favorite character of mine and I love the way that Mrs. Pteranadon squawks. I will happily be catching every episode of this program and I hope it does well enough to earn itself more seasons.