Dinosaurs

Changing Nature

Aired Friday 9:30 PM Jul 20, 1994 on ABC

• Goodnight... Goodbye.

I recently sat down and watched the rest of my seasons 3 & 4 on dvd which I hadn't done since I got it for Christmas last year. Like most fans I suppose I dreaded the thought of watching this episode but I was also somewhat excited cause I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. It's very sad to think that everyone's favorite Dinosaur family are all going to die after the episode ends. It'd be nice to sugar coat it and have a happy ending for everyone but it certainly wasn't like that in real life they all really did die and how we're not completely sure how. In spite of the episode being upsetting it actually promotes a good message to viewers, like Earle said "this is the only world we have" so we should all remember to take care of Earth home and make sure we don't end up like the Dinosaurs did. Miss this show. Rest in Peace Earl, Fran, Robbie, Charleen, Ethyl, and Baby...
  • All good things must come to an end, and the reign of the dinosaurs is nearly over. A comet is heading for the planet, and the Sinclair family gather to meet their end.

0.0

This is a heartfelt, tearful ending that really isn't appropriate for all fans. Though the season finale, during the original TV run several episodes were aired afterwards. So if you wanted to, you could view it as a "what-if" that never happened, and keep watching.

Sadly though, it does spell the end of the series, and the Sinclair family we've come to know and love. Good bye dinosaurs!
  • A sad end to the Dinosaurs

There is a message in this episode: don't abuse nature. If you do, prepare to face the consequences. Which is exactly what happened to millions of Dinosaurs all over the world.

A bunch of insects called the Bunch Beetles were to make their annual flight through the sky and eat poppies. However, only one beetle survived while millions more will killed by We-Say-So, who built a factory over their breeding ground. That started a chain events which led to the demise of a once dominate species.

Earl's speech to his family was very touching. And that's where the lesson comes in. It was really sad to know that dinosaurs would not live to see another day. So it was appropriate for Howard to end it with a sad farewell.

A really tragic end indeed.
  • Happy Trails to you...

Okay, this is what really had to happen. The entire story is the dinosaurs being foolish, abusing themselves and the world, and this is what finally comes to them, naturally, brought wholly upon themselves. I'm sorry it had to end this way, but ultimately, it gives everything else a gravitas, and is a certain foreboding warning--even if the Dinosaurs are stupid to the point of hyperbole.

It had to happen. It was only a matter of time.