Dinosaurs

ABC (ended 1994)

chriseternal

Dinosaurs Fan Reviews (61)

• Excellent show.

I have to say that this was one of the best comedies of all time. It was probably the most unique show and it was very much. I found so many of their bits hilarious and it was really original comedy. My favorite characters were the baby and the father dinosaur. They both were great characters and very funny sources. I must admit that this was a show for the patient and the people that like to laugh at good humor. Overall, this was a great show and an all time classic. I wish it was still on the air. Thank you.
  • "Not the Mama!", but a review of "Dinosaurs".

The Jim Henson production company did it ONCE AGAIN!

Certainly, some of the saddest news to come out of 1990 was the death of Jim Henson. He was, in many ways, a lot like Walt Disney. Sure he never created a themepark and called it "Hensonland" or "Henson World" - but he really did know how to entertain people of all ages.

"Dinosaurs" was one of the last great ideas that Jim Henson would envision, before his untimely death.

"Dinosaurs" is (in many ways) the kind of show you would end up with if you crossed "The Flintstones" with "The Simpsons" and "Fraggle Rock".
    It concerns a family of Dinosaurs known as "The Sinclairs", who are are made up of: Earl (the father), Fran (the mother), Charlene (the daughter), Robbie (the son) and Baby Sinclair (yes, a baby whose name is actually "Baby"...)

Dinosaurs also had a way of airing controversial topics, but sometimes disguising it as something else. Usually the topics would go over a kid's head - and older viewers would be left trying to explain the situation to their kids. This is usually why Dinosaurs aired during primetime.

A great show, with fantastic comedy, and one of the shows that made being a kid in the 80s & 90s so cool.
  • I loved this show as a child!

I remember the good ol' days of getting up early to sit down and watch this with my mum. I also remember getting the pull-string talking baby dino! I still have it somewhere in my loft probably. I wish it was a longer running show and actually had more episodes. Severely under-rated and often forgotten. God knows why as it was amazing! There were jokes that adults could understand that children could not and that is what makes a show simply amazing. You love it as a child for the slap stick content and when you get older you adore it for the slightly risqué nature of the jokes you never noticed as a child.
  • this brought memories

When i was a little kid i used to watch this show every Saturday night with the family.the anamatronics was genius and it could only have been done by the puppet master Jim Henson.this show was almost as original as the Flintstones which has been a Classic for almost 50 years now.it just makes you think if dinosaurs were still alive they would be living like we do.This show was silly but in the way were it wasn't so corny like today's sitcoms are. This show delivered humor from all of the cast including Baby Sinclair.it was a great show for the 90's and its one of those shows that made me laugh.
  • I miss this show tons! NOT THE MAMA!

I just loved this show when i was little dinosaurs were one of my favorite animals and when this show came around on reruns or whatnot, i would watch it constantly. I want them to bring it back, it was a great series, i know they're selling the dvd boxed sets somewhere, but i want them to bring it back to television, it was one of those timeless shows, just like the muppets :D I loved everytime the dad would be trying to bond with the baby and he'd always smack the dad in the head with something and go "NOT THE MAMA!" hehe, I recommend this show to anyone of all ages if you can get a hold of the dvds or vhs tapes :D
  • I loved the show

I loved the show, I would sing along with the baby and laugh every time he hit the Daddy and say Not the mommy. Oh Why can't we bring it back even if it was just reruns I would watch them over and over until I could take no more.
  • Dinosaurs was innovative and cutting-edge. Dinosaurs exaggerated family life and made you think and laugh at the same time – much like the Simpsons.

Dinosaurs was innovative and cutting-edge. Dinosaurs exaggerated family life and made you think and laugh at the same time – much like the Simpsons. Dinosaur creators personalized a dinosaur family and the daily issues of prehistoric life. The very funny show ended on a very somber tone – the community’s seemingly innocuous act of destroying an animal habitat started a chain of events that led to the Dinosaurs extinction. It was a very creative show. I would love to have it on DVD to be able to watch it again!
  • Dinosaurs = small brains, big laughts

this show is a classic. It is a very funny show and it's a shame there aren't so many episodes. the dinosaurs are shown as an parody on the modern family, and it actually reminds a little about Simpsons - they all sit in front of the tv, it's their best friend. The show also have a great humor, and there are frases that are in almost every episode - fx "I'm the baby, gotta love me" and "I'm the mighty megalausourus" are fraces that said a lot of times, it's like Homers D'OH!
    I hope that this show comes on DVD, and I wish it would continue, it could get as high a status as Simpsons, Flintstones or other animated comedy shows...
  • please bring it back

please bring the dinosaurs back, it was the best show out there, heck i still have thebaby dinosaur that talks. i just want to cry cause i want to watch it. please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please bring it back. i am sure any one would do anything to have it back so please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please i am begging you to please bring it back oh my god please im begging you please bring it back
  • The Dad, Earl, looks like a construction worker. The Mom, Fran is a house mom who takes care of the Baby. The oldest son Robbie, a teenager who has a mo-hawk. The daughter Charlene who is also a young teenager going to school. Finally you have the baby!

This is by far one of my most fondest memories growing up. It was a huge deal in our family. Anytime it was on, we would gather around and watch it together. We even have adopted "Refrigerator Day", from one of the episodes. We cover the refrigerator in wrapping paper and each person in the family gets a stocking-like present. Nothing big, but it is an amazing tradition. I would actually recommend it to everyone! It is almost as big of deal as Christmas to us, and it has definately brought us closer together as a family. I love this show, and always will!!
  • amazingly funny, loveable characters and all around great show!

This show had the best characters hands down! I remember watching this show as a kid with my twin sister, we even had the tapes with the songs on them. I would love to see re-runs of it on tv, and put on DVD, I'm sure it would sell! The creators of this show had there work cut out for them, as well as the voice actors. They did an amazing job! All the characters added to the humor of this show very well!
  • Overall i want the show to come back and i want it on video...it was awesome and i can still remember it even though it was like 10 years ago.

I really loved this show. It was amazing and I want it to come back on television now!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blah blah blah i don't know how to fill the space...but i want dinosaurs...more earl...more baby..."I'm the baby got to love me!" OHHH ya i want baby...AND i also think you should mass market the dad's lunch box because i would totatly buy it. I can't believe it was only a 3 year run...that was so sad and I want it to come back...hilariously Funny..Robbie was funny...Fran was mellow and chill...Charline was hip and cool...was even my role model at times. The baby was my inner spirit...without the baby in my life I don't know what I can do. The boss bj made me vomit orange profusely...but it was way awesome anyway.
    p.s
    can you believe that Jessica simpson and Nick have broken up??
  • PAR-TAY! DINOSAURS ON DVD!!!

Thank heaven... it is coming... Dinosaurs fans put May 2nd, 2006 on your calenders cuz one of the best shows ever is finally coming to DVD!!! This is for real, no joke. It comes in a four disc box set including the first and second seasons!!! YEAH! I'll say it again and it certainly won't be the last time: "Not the Momma!"
  • Bring it back, Bring it BACK!

i loved dinosaurs it was awsome i havent watched it since i was younge but i remember watching it with the whole family and im not sure why it got taken off the air put it back on.

It was awsome it had the humor like the simpsons but its was amazingly done and don\\\'t get me wrong i love the simpsons but dinosaurs was a classic!
  • Bring it back on tv or put on DVD

From when I was little I didnt remember many shows, but I did remember this one. It was funny, cute and very entertaining. Never knew why they cancelled it. Just one of those shows that I will never forget.I wish it would come out on DVD or back on tv.
  • Needs To Be A DVD

Out of all shows i remember watching as a child this one has to be the biggest classic. The most memorable character being "Baby" who always hit his father with a frying pan. He even wrote a song about it. Its pure fun for kids and in you later years.
  • great show pretty funny i like the baby the most. Would be nice to have the all the dvds so i can see all the episodes. i have a few episodes but i have not seen them all. i wanna get the other episodes. i know they will be good

story about dinosaurs living everyday life but different things happen on that are just funny to believe. i like the episode when the older brother is a canivore and he got eaten by a big dinosaur and so did his dad. great show for little kids and adults might want it as a classic to have
  • Real

• Dinosaurs was a classic TV show for it's time. Truely one I wish could be brought back via DVD. I personally would buy ever DVD, and know many others would.

The show starred the Sinclair family, a lovable family with a very Simpson'esque vibe to it. Often, the baby dinosaur would be hitting the father on the head with a frying pan yelling "Not the Mama !!", and I think this is why the memory of Dinosaurs has stayed with me. The show was always fresh, with a combined feel of the Flintstones (but in reverse, Dino's ruled) and the Simpsons it was able to capture the hearts of many Americans. I am hoping for a future revival via a DVD release, but the chanced of that happenening seem to be slim to none. So if any DVD companies are reading this... GET the RIGHTS to publish DINOSAURS. I give this a 10 out of 10
  • A memorable show created by Jim Henson that has been related to other shows like, Aladdin, Jungle Cubs, Mickey Mouse Works and The golden Girls. To add it all up, this series has really become a true hit of all time. People have the answer "How Dinosaurs

The series was based from the Jim Henson Productions and Michael Jacobs. Earl Sinclair lives in his life with a family that has always been there for him from bad times to good times. His social sophisticated wife Fran Sinclair mother of three Robbie, Charlene and Baby Sinclair is going thrpugh the life of all motherhood. While on the other side you have Roy Hess as Earl's friend, Monica DeVertibrate as Fran's friend along with Charlene, Grandma Ethyl Phillips, Dinah and Spike as Robbie's bestest friend makes the series even more popular. Even with Earl's boss B.P. Richfield of WeSaySo.
  • I was getting a little too old for a show like this when it was out but I think most people of all ages loved it.

This show was good, almost every character had something cool, everyone loved the baby of course and the dad, who got no respect from the baby since he was "not the mamma" The sister and brother were funny, and of course the big mean boss, which I believe was Shermon Helmsley was the voice. They had the animals in the fridge who were always trying to escape since they were food. It was a good show and depsite the look of being for a younger crowd I think it appealed to all crowds, because it was interesting to think what if Dinosaurs lived like we do in a family setting. It was a good show.
  • It is a great show that works on two levels - a kid's show with great social commentary!

It is a great show that works on two levels - a kid's show with great social commentary! For example, while it is a show using puppets, and like usual for Jim Henson, the show is meant for children, there is another level. The show comments on the typical family with the rebelious teens, the Freudian baby who loves his mother, the materialistic daughter, and the all-American son. The father cares about his family in a hidden way, and the mother is a typical housewife. The fact that the mother and son take a separate side from the father and daughter is representative of my family. The show also uses a certain amount of alienation effect, which adds to its greatness. Overall, it is an amazing show for kids through the puppets, teens for the peer issues, and adults for most of the marital and parental content.
  • Dinos

I really liked watching this family of dinos walk around talking and living what can only be described as human life with a touch or prehistoric thrown in. I distinctly remember them bringing up some issues that were considered hot button at the time, drugs being the one that particularly remember. At it's heart this was a family show with such an odd twist. I loved it.
  • Dinosaurs is one of the funniest shows ever!

Ah yes... I loved this show. All the characters were likeable and I especially loved the baby. I like the part were Baby Sinclair is hitting Earl in the head with the frying pan shouting, "NOT THE MAMA!!" I thought it was hilarious and I laughed so hard. Every time I see the baby hit Earl with the frying pan, I just couldn't help but to laugh. I am so recommending this show to everyone. If you see a DVD copy of Dinosaurs anywhere like Amazon or Wal-Mart, then I imply to you that you should buy it.
  • Dinosaurs is the greatest TV show ever. Its halarious. And this contains both the First season (5 episodes) and the second season. And they are Fantastic.

Meet the sinclairs - the funniest family in 60 million yeahrs! Theyere just your average family with on BIG difference. They are dinosaurs, living the good life in sixty million and three B.C.!

Daddy Earl, his wife Fran, their kids Robbie, Charlene and the baby, and feisty Grandma Ethyl bringing a halarious Jurassic twist to daily life as they eat, drink, make merry and get their kicks watching cavemen rub rocks togeather.

• Why did they cancel this show?!

I love this show! It was funny. It was informative. It was a good way to learn, and it was so cool! Oh! Did I forget to mention it was cute? Yeah! I guess I did! Well, I'll mention it! It's CUTE! My absolute favorite character in this show was Baby Sinclair! Man I loved him! Sure he was a wild child, but he had a very sweet, kind, and loving side to him. He was so funny and so so smart! He was always the life of the party! Yeah, he always made me smile. I love Baby Sinclair! He was so cute! Man I'm lucky I found wav files on the Internet so I can listen to his voice again! Who ever ended the show in the first place, please bring the show back, and post it when you do! Pretty please?!
  • I remember watching this show when I was little!

lol, how couldn't I forget this show?! I loved this show when I was that young! It was indeed funny and I laugh so harder afterwards!

but, I don't remember the final season, tho. but, I'd be very glad to buy this dvd and see it all over again..to be knowingly that I have missed almost rest of it.

I'm very glad to write the episodes reviews for this! I can't wait to do it!

althought..it was very sad when I see that show left walt disney. I wish there was dinosaurs movie..! It would be wonderful!
  • This show was GREAT!

As a 5 year old girl of the 90's, I absolutely loved Dinosaurs. It was my favorite TGIF show. I never would miss an episode. I was really glad when it came on Disney Channel for awhile. My favorite character was the Baby. I loved when he kept hitting Earl on the head with a frying pan or a rolling pin. And I loved his expressions of "Not the mama!" and "I'm the baby. Gotta love me!" I wish this show could come out on DVD some day, or could come back to television. Dinosaurs was a really funny show.
  • This series should be on DVD!

Before King of the Hill and Family Guy, Dinosaurs was the best TV series ever to run up besides The Simpsons as a hit Family Show in prime time. With all of the TV series from the 80's and 90's coming back out on DVD Set, this series would be a big hit.
  • Thank goodness they finally brought this great show out on DVD. I can hardly wait to get my copy.

This is the kind of show that everyone in your family can watch. The kids loved it, my husband loved it and so did I. I am so glad that they are making it available to this generation now. There were many lessons that can be learned from this show.
< 1 2 3