Dinosaurs

ABC (ended 1994)

chriseternal

Dinosaurs Fan Reviews (61)

• Another JIm Henson hit!

Many ep (00)
  • Dinosaurs is one of the funniest shows ever!

Ah yes... I loved this show. All the characters were likeable and I especially loved the baby. I like the part were Baby Sinclair is hitting Earl in the head with the frying pan shouting, "NOT THE MAMA!!" I thought it was hilarious and I laughed so hard. Every time I see the baby hit Earl with the frying pan, I just couldn't help but to laugh. I am so recommending this show to everyone. If you see a DVD copy of Dinosaurs anywhere like Amazon or Wal-Mart, then I imply to you that you should buy it.
  • "Not the Mama!", but a review of "Dinosaurs".

The Jim Henson production company did it ONCE AGAIN!

Certainly, some of the saddest news to come out of 1990 was the death of Jim Henson. He was, in many ways, a lot like Walt Disney. Sure he never created a themepark and called it "Hensonland" or "Henson World" - but he really did know how to entertain people of all ages.

"Dinosaurs" was one of the last great ideas that Jim Henson would envision, before his untimely death.

"Dinosaurs" is (in many ways) the kind of show you would end up with if you crossed "The Flintstones" with "The Simpsons" and "Fraggle Rock".
    It concerns a family of Dinosaurs known as "The Sinclairs", who are are made up of: Earl (the father), Fran (the mother), Charlene (the daughter), Robbie (the son) and Baby Sinclair (yes, a baby whose name is actually "Baby"...)

Dinosaurs also had a way of airing controversial topics, but sometimes disguising it as something else. Usually the topics would go over a kid's head - and older viewers would be left trying to explain the situation to their kids. This is usually why Dinosaurs aired during primetime.

A great show, with fantastic comedy, and one of the shows that made being a kid in the 80s & 90s so cool.
  • this brought memories

When i was a little kid i used to watch this show every Saturday night with the family.the anamatronics was genius and it could only have been done by the puppet master Jim Henson.this show was almost as original as the Flintstones which has been a Classic for almost 50 years now.it just makes you think if dinosaurs were still alive they would be living like we do.This show was silly but in the way were it wasn't so corny like today's sitcoms are. This show delivered humor from all of the cast including Baby Sinclair.it was a great show for the 90's and its one of those shows that made me laugh.
  • i really liked watching this show when i was a kid it was funny.

the show dinosaures is about a family that is dinosaoure like sorta a comdedy family show but with dinosaoures it has the dad who is like a construction worker and the baby and the mommy. its a funny show and had some really good stories to them like the baby would repeated every ep bash the father over the head with a pan and the father would get angrey the mother was always doing the cooking and other things. but it was a good show i thought that . and had alot of good funny moments like any other sitcom but this one had dinosaoures in it.
  • Excellent show.

I have to say that this was one of the best comedies of all time. It was probably the most unique show and it was very much. I found so many of their bits hilarious and it was really original comedy. My favorite characters were the baby and the father dinosaur. They both were great characters and very funny sources. I must admit that this was a show for the patient and the people that like to laugh at good humor. Overall, this was a great show and an all time classic. I wish it was still on the air. Thank you.
  • The Dad, Earl, looks like a construction worker. The Mom, Fran is a house mom who takes care of the Baby. The oldest son Robbie, a teenager who has a mo-hawk. The daughter Charlene who is also a young teenager going to school. Finally you have the baby!

This is by far one of my most fondest memories growing up. It was a huge deal in our family. Anytime it was on, we would gather around and watch it together. We even have adopted "Refrigerator Day", from one of the episodes. We cover the refrigerator in wrapping paper and each person in the family gets a stocking-like present. Nothing big, but it is an amazing tradition. I would actually recommend it to everyone! It is almost as big of deal as Christmas to us, and it has definately brought us closer together as a family. I love this show, and always will!!
  • Dinosaurs is a show about a prehistoric family.

When I was a kid in grade school, Dinosaurs was one of my favorite shows. It was different than just watching a cartoon. The sinclair family is funny. The Dad, Earl who had a career as a tree pusher, which looks like a construction worker. The Mom, Fran is a house mom who takes care of the Baby, who everyone Loves because you gotta love the baby. The oldest son Robbie, a teenager who has a mo-hawk and deals with typical everyday things at school. The daughter Charlene who is also a young teenager going to school. Finally you have mostly everyones favorite character the baby! They are a normal family sitcom, just dinosaurs. One of my favorite things of the show is how they show the human caveman as an idiot who will never develop smarts. This was amzing when I was a kid and enjoyed it to the fullest!
  • I loved this show as a child!

I remember the good ol' days of getting up early to sit down and watch this with my mum. I also remember getting the pull-string talking baby dino! I still have it somewhere in my loft probably. I wish it was a longer running show and actually had more episodes. Severely under-rated and often forgotten. God knows why as it was amazing! There were jokes that adults could understand that children could not and that is what makes a show simply amazing. You love it as a child for the slap stick content and when you get older you adore it for the slightly risqué nature of the jokes you never noticed as a child.
  • I miss this show tons! NOT THE MAMA!

I just loved this show when i was little dinosaurs were one of my favorite animals and when this show came around on reruns or whatnot, i would watch it constantly. I want them to bring it back, it was a great series, i know they're selling the dvd boxed sets somewhere, but i want them to bring it back to television, it was one of those timeless shows, just like the muppets :D I loved everytime the dad would be trying to bond with the baby and he'd always smack the dad in the head with something and go "NOT THE MAMA!" hehe, I recommend this show to anyone of all ages if you can get a hold of the dvds or vhs tapes :D
  • please bring it back

please bring the dinosaurs back, it was the best show out there, heck i still have thebaby dinosaur that talks. i just want to cry cause i want to watch it. please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please bring it back. i am sure any one would do anything to have it back so please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please i am begging you to please bring it back oh my god please im begging you please bring it back
  • I loved the show

I loved the show, I would sing along with the baby and laugh every time he hit the Daddy and say Not the mommy. Oh Why can't we bring it back even if it was just reruns I would watch them over and over until I could take no more.
  • I miss this show so much!

I remember watching this show with my little sister who was only about five years old at the time. She adored the show and got me into it. I loved it so much. I was about 19 the last time I saw it on the Disney Channel. I can't believe it's gone. It was so cute and funny. I loved Robby and Baby Sinclair. Robby was hot! Yeah, I had a little crush on him. Silly, I know, but I was a teenager. And Baby Sinclair was just the CUTEST little!!! His cute wittle face and that cute little squeaky voice! I loved him so much! He was so silly and sweet.

I really wish I could watch this show again. I miss it so much.
  • i think this is good. i think i saw it 2 years ago. tell me how it is?

I heven’t really watched this show. I received a DVD with the complete first season of this show. I really think it’s a good show by the cover, honestly I don’t know how good it is, so I give it an 8 because that’s what it looks like. You need to te e e e l l l me how good it is A.S.A.P and be friends with me and tell me what I should contribute for. I need to know badly. It looks like it would be funny and good. bottom line: tell me what this show is about and i'll review for real after i see it on tue
  • scary dinosaurs

i hated this show! it scared me so bad with the scary dinos! and the mean old baby! i hated every time it came on! but my siblings loved it and they were older so they got to keep it there. i think it used to make me cry with its scaryness! and it wasnt a good scary like scary movies it was a bad scared! it was really the dad and the baby that freaked me out the most, even seeing their pictures brings back that fear! i was only five when the show ended, that might be why it scared me so much. but i think even if i saw it now i still wouldnt like it.
  • cool

7.4
    a show about a family of dinosaurs. they have a crazy family including the very very very very very very very very very very funny baby who is always causong tons of trouble. it also shows the life of the other dinosaurs in the town including the family's friends and the dad's co workers and boss. it is a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very funny show that watched i all the time when i was younger and i wish they would bring it back. it rocked. i loved it. it was very very very very very cool.
  • Gotta love the baby

I have the First and Second Season of Dinosaurs on dvd and I'm going out today and buying the last seasons. I miss the show and even my boyfriend does and he is 37 years old. I wish they would have given it one more chane. The show was such a great one that it would be nice to see more shows like that on tv compared to what is on tv these days. Yes I do like some of them but I would like to be able to sit down and watch tv shows with my bf and our kids.
  • I miss it!

I am very very happy that I grew up in the '90s or else I probably would have never heard of this show. It made me giggle like a little girl when I was a little girl and now that I'm older I still giggle like a little girl at this show.

I have some of the old tapes from when they came out on VHS, oh so many years. I stumbled across them when me and my friend were bored and looking for something entertaining to watch. I remember loving the show from when I was little but once I put that tape in I began loving the show as a teenager.

It's hilarious. The line I remember and love the most is "my family loves him so much, my wife calls him honey and my kids call him daddy". I can't remember the episode or the guy that said, all I can remember is the quote and it being about the boss man.

If you haven't seen this show then you should definitely find a way to see it all.
  • I loved this show as a kid...although I dont remember it 100% I do remember the baby and how funny it was. Wish it was brought back now so I could actually remember the episodes...

Well even though they arent going to bring it back at least they realized they should release the show on DVDs and I cant wait till my order gets in because I ordered both DVDs for the series which includes all 4 seasons of the series...I suggest any fan of the show to go out and buy them. The second set for the third and forth seasons just came out a few days ago so you should certainly be in line to buy it. :) Well like I said, this show was great in many ways...funny, creative, unique and just all around entertaining. I wish I would have recorded it back then so I could have watched it again much earlier than now but I am so glad they decided to put it on DVD....man when is that freakin package getting here!!!
  • It is a great show that works on two levels - a kid's show with great social commentary!

It is a great show that works on two levels - a kid's show with great social commentary! For example, while it is a show using puppets, and like usual for Jim Henson, the show is meant for children, there is another level. The show comments on the typical family with the rebelious teens, the Freudian baby who loves his mother, the materialistic daughter, and the all-American son. The father cares about his family in a hidden way, and the mother is a typical housewife. The fact that the mother and son take a separate side from the father and daughter is representative of my family. The show also uses a certain amount of alienation effect, which adds to its greatness. Overall, it is an amazing show for kids through the puppets, teens for the peer issues, and adults for most of the marital and parental content.
  • Dinos

I really liked watching this family of dinos walk around talking and living what can only be described as human life with a touch or prehistoric thrown in. I distinctly remember them bringing up some issues that were considered hot button at the time, drugs being the one that particularly remember. At it's heart this was a family show with such an odd twist. I loved it.
  • Great show everybody can enjoy.

When Dinosaurs first aired, I was very young, so I didn't see but maybe the last season. However, now that they've started to release them on DVD, I'm hooked.

Dinosaurs was way ahead of its time, in that they presented a family, much in the style of your garden-variety family sitcom, but they rolled back the clock 60 million years. They have many problems similar to the ones you would see elsewhere, only adapted to a dinosaurs point of view.

The humor in this show is what really sets this show apart. There is an equal mix of political satire, slapstick, and genuinely funny and sharp wit. Many of the laughs are provided by Baby Sinclair, who can say just one word and have you rolling with his impressive repertoire of catchphrases.

I highly recommend this show for any sitcom fan.
  • OMG I used to love this when I was in Kindergarten!

I recently watched a DVD of this! I totally miss the good old days in Kindergarten where I used to watch this! And now I know why I started thinking of it whenever I watched Ninja Turtles Next Mutation because it looked so much like this! I used to really love this show - I had the lunch box and everything! Baby and Robbie are the funniest, and Earl's friend from work reminds me of Ryan Stiles - a big stick with a big nose!
  • totally loved this show!

another one of my childhood treasures...although..for some odd reason... reminds me of french fries lol

i guess what i liked most was the family scenes lol

soemtimes i did't get the story, maybe because i was too young. also, the people living in the fridge scared the heck out of me and confused me.

although all of this was quite annoying i really loved it, because the stories were cool.

i remenber i had a puzzle of this show xD!

i guess this is a good program for you too see but if you are like me it might confuse you a little, but i really recommend people to whatch it, a classic.
  • Dinosaurs is the greatest TV show ever. Its halarious. And this contains both the First season (5 episodes) and the second season. And they are Fantastic.

Meet the sinclairs - the funniest family in 60 million yeahrs! Theyere just your average family with on BIG difference. They are dinosaurs, living the good life in sixty million and three B.C.!

Daddy Earl, his wife Fran, their kids Robbie, Charlene and the baby, and feisty Grandma Ethyl bringing a halarious Jurassic twist to daily life as they eat, drink, make merry and get their kicks watching cavemen rub rocks togeather.

• Why did they cancel this show?!

I love this show! It was funny. It was informative. It was a good way to learn, and it was so cool! Oh! Did I forget to mention it was cute? Yeah! I guess I did! Well, I'll mention it! It's CUTE! My absolute favorite character in this show was Baby Sinclair! Man I loved him! Sure he was a wild child, but he had a very sweet, kind, and loving side to him. He was so funny and so so smart! He was always the life of the party! Yeah, he always made me smile. I love Baby Sinclair! He was so cute! Man I'm lucky I found wav files on the Internet so I can listen to his voice again! Who ever ended the show in the first place, please bring the show back, and post it when you do! Pretty please?!
  • G O O D F A M I L Y S H O W

This is a great family show , I bought the first two seasons on dvd and its as cute as I remember it being from my childhood , I think I enjoyed the show more as a child than I do now as an adult but if you have kids and your looking for a nice family show to watch together this would be a good one to pick !
  • I remember watching this show when I was little!

lol, how couldn't I forget this show?! I loved this show when I was that young! It was indeed funny and I laugh so harder afterwards!

but, I don't remember the final season, tho. but, I'd be very glad to buy this dvd and see it all over again..to be knowingly that I have missed almost rest of it.

I'm very glad to write the episodes reviews for this! I can't wait to do it!

althought..it was very sad when I see that show left walt disney. I wish there was dinosaurs movie..! It would be wonderful!
  • This was one of the great shows of the 90's they should of kept longer then they did!

I liked this show a lot because the show was kind of Redneckish except with Dinosaurs as the Rednecks which I thought was pretty cool and they did a good job of making it look realistic too. There's one thing that I wish they would've done and that is kept it on the air longer then they did it would've been a long running show if they had giving it a chance that's for sure! I hope they come out with another show like this in the near future that would be extremely cool to see that! YEEHAW! I Liked watching this show when it was on!
  • I remember this show

I was just looking at another forum on this website when I saw that this show was coming out on dvd. Thats when I remembered that I used to watch this show on tv. I really liked this show and it was really good. Now that I hear the dvds are coming out I might go buy them. I didn;t even know the name of this show but now that I do I am glad that I found out. This show is a good show for kids who like dinosaurs and who like funny things. Overall this is one of the best children tv shows ever.