Dirt Forums

FX (ended 2008)

Cancelled!

PiperPrueLover4

[41]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    That stupid PTC website doesn't have a feedback / contact email so that I can email and abuse the effing s*** out of them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luc7ky

[42]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    It's sad, but season two had too drastic of a change it was like a completely different show. The writers tried too much to create a show that everyone would like, when they should've left the old show alone.

Musicals101

[43]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 6

super_friend21 wrote:
    Didnt even get a fair chance. All strike afflicted shows should have got another season to prove themselves. Screw FX!!!!!!!

I have to say, the usual deluge of "screw (insert offending network here)" and "I'll never watch your network again" that usually comes from a show's cancellation is a little out of line here. First off, FX has the most solid track record of any network in recent memory. From Nip/Tuck, The Riches to Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Rescue Me, also Damages, 30 Days and The Shield. Those are all amazing shows that any network would be desperate to have. FX has chosen the best and nurtured their shows, while the main networks throw up all the shows they can to see what sticks.

So some low ratings, a disruptive writer's strike and the PTC getting 50 advertisers to pull their ads (see the link posted in this thread) from the show left FX with no choice. Have the PTC even seen Nip/Tuck?!? That is a shocking show. One episode of Nip/Tuck tops all the pickled heads and masturbation and whatever else the PTC object to on the entire series of Dirt. The second season also went downhill from the first and hardly resembled that first season. It will be missed, but with the small production schedule of FX, it will makes room for their next masterpiece in the pipeline.

ddemaese

[44]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    FX Cancels to fast

mxcmm

[45]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think networks cancel shows way to fast these days.... It's not fair.

krismavris

[46]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 3

y did they cancel it? i only now started to watch it and i lov ehow juicy it is!!

please tell me the cancelation is just a maybe n that they will bring it back...please!!

mxcmm

[47]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    nope it's a done deal. Courtney stars in some eps in the season premire of scrubs on ABC this Jan. I thought the show had so much potential to keep going espcially with pop culture on the rise in the US and world.