Dirt Forums

FX (ended 2008)

Season 2 finale?

Aroseb2

[1]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 5

i cant believe next wk is already the season 2 finale...this sux

next wk looks good too, but dammit i want lucy and holt together, they are so cute! ug

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

firedrakes

[2]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    i notice that their is only half as many episodes this season.

JaeBianca

[3]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    The season was abbreviated by the writer's strike. I just wonder if it's going to get renewed.

HRGirl

[4]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    I hope it gets renewed! I love this show. The season finale does look like it will be a good one.

megally5

[5]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 8

I am so anxious to see next week eppy, but also so sad that it's the last one.

its too cruel doing that to fans. I support the strike but this makes it too hard.

coz on only 1 eppy left and a whole year ahead to wait? crazy! I m hooked on Dirt! I need my fix every week...

anyway, the promo for next week look amazing but then again we dont know whats the order of thoses scenes.

I hope Don doesnt bail on Lucy, I dont like whats happening with them.

I hope we dont have a clifhanger on the Holt giving Lucy an ultimatum, and finally we will get the see them in bed. dont get me wrong, the kiss was amazing in many ways but I need more of them. they are just so damn hot together and they have wonderful chemistry.

Holt & Lucylicious!

Edited on 04/08/2008 1:44am

dirtydigger

[6]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    yeah! i really hope it gets renewed!!!!! cuz i totally love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but in the phil. so its harder fowr me to watch it on velvet channel cause they only show it during sundays at 10 pm and in only 13,soo...~_~

bernsd3

[7]Apr 8, 2008

So sad. I still can't believe that at the start of the epsiode this week they said "Watch next Sunday for the season finale". It seems like we are being deprived of something. And how great was it to see Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly and Adria from Stargate) again -- just couldn't get used to that short hair.

benjimen1

[8]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 2

What a disappointing season -- only 6 episodes

Compared to last season though, this one was a disappointment. The sub-plots weren't nearly as intersting with the toned-down approach in the 2nd season, nothing remotely like vibrator totin Lucy in season 1 Part of the enjoyment of Dirt >was< the dirt. The nudity, swearing, etc. brought it all above what this short season has been -- pretty much a standard prime-time soap. The shock factor of season 1 is completely gone, the story is disjointed, and with only 6 episodes it's a bit rushed and incomplete.

Edited on 04/09/2008 2:55am
    Edited 2 total times.

csino1fan

[9]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 15
    benjimen1 wrote:

What a disappointing season -- only 6 episodes

Compared to last season though, this one was a disappointment. The sub-plots weren't nearly as intersting with the toned-down approach in the 2nd season, nothing remotely like vibrator totin Lucy in season 1 Part of the enjoyment of Dirt >was< the dirt. The nudity, swearing, etc. brought it all above what this short season has been -- pretty much a standard prime-time soap. The shock factor of season 1 is completely gone, the story is disjointed, and with only 6 episodes it's a bit rushed and incomplete.

Theres 7 episodes, isnt there?

mkpsu

[10]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 14
    I'm sorry, but I thought the season finale was horrible. There was no major plot twist or cliff hanger for next season, and the episode had to many stories mixed together. A season finale should consist of one major storyline, with 2 maybe 3 other small stories included. I also thought that Brent storyline was very underplayed, and they did not use enough emotion to express Lucy's pain for the loss of her mother.

I love Dirt, and I hope it comes back, but they need to step it up if they want to stay on tv.

megally5

[11]Apr 15, 2008
    mkpsu wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I thought the season finale was horrible. There was no major plot twist or cliff hanger for next season, and the episode had to many stories mixed together. A season finale should consist of one major storyline, with 2 maybe 3 other small stories included. I also thought that Brent storyline was very underplayed, and they did not use enough emotion to express Lucy's pain for the loss of her mother. I love Dirt, and I hope it comes back, but they need to step it up if they want to stay on tv.
    kinda difficult to do a finale when you dont know its going to be the finale...writters strike? rings any bell?
    Edited on 04/15/2008 9:16am

alexy_paris

[12]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    Sounds like this finale was more a serie finale than a season finale....now i wonder how they can come back with no real cliffhangers...i found that season 2 very different from the 1st. i liked the true stories' references but i think it was too much and we still don't know why lucy's father killed himself and if lucy's brother will tell her he kind of killed julia with this car accident..well so many weird things !

mkpsu

[13]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    megally5 wrote:
    mkpsu wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I thought the season finale was horrible. There was no major plot twist or cliff hanger for next season, and the episode had to many stories mixed together. A season finale should consist of one major storyline, with 2 maybe 3 other small stories included. I also thought that Brent storyline was very underplayed, and they did not use enough emotion to express Lucy's pain for the loss of her mother. I love Dirt, and I hope it comes back, but they need to step it up if they want to stay on tv.
    kinda difficult to do a finale when you dont know its going to be the finale...writters strike? rings any bell?
    but still, I think this episode was still one of the worst of all time. I can see why there was no cliff-hanger or major closure to a story...as you said the writer's strike, but there was no solid storyline. There was the small Brent storyline, the "Britney Spears", (I can't think of the character's name), the gay ex-sitcom star, with Farber and Willa, the death of Lucy's mother, Lucy and Holt, and also the Lucy sex tape was not needed...the only thing it did was make it seem like Lucy and Holt were taped, and someone leaked it...can you say false advertising to the max?
    Edited on 04/15/2008 5:50pm

megally5

[14]Apr 16, 2008
    we all know what advertising is about and for DIRT every advertisment leads you to the wrong way....
    that was the case for pretty much all episodes.
    I wasnt disappointed by this one particular ad.
    I am just glad that this episode ended up the way I wanted and that we still got some surprises.
    it is nice to get what you want!

jra3209

[15]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 15
    They thought they had 6 more episodes for the rest of the season, but the strike shortened it. Alot of series return from seasons with no cliffhagners. Having no cliffhanger leaves that the series up to a fresh start "next" season and able to let go of season 2, and make season 3 become what season 1 was.

alexy_paris

[16]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    Concerning Lucy's sex tape I think they wanted to clear the point as in the first season we see Brent's collection of tapes and Lucy's name appears on one of them.
    I really think the writers wanted to solve as many mysteries as they could in this episode, as they were not sure DIRT will have a season 3.
    That explains Lucy&Holt (finally) together. but still pending is Lucy's father death causes and the Julia Mallory thing (Lucy's brother killed her in the accident right ?)

combatjammer

[17]Apr 18, 2008
    Did no one else enjoy this episode? I felt that this was a really good episode. True, there wasn't any cliffhanger or what ... but I enjoyed all the tender moments. Lucy and Brent, Lucy and her mother, Lucy & Leo, Lucy and the Plastic Surgeon, Lucy and Holt, Lucy and Don, Willa and Farber, Don & Sharlee & the baby etc. It wasn't the plots or the subplots ... but it was their conversations that struck me. I do hope they renew this show.

bluebella

[18]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 4

I did enjoy this episode, all the interactions between the characters were good. (especially Lucy and Holt's, are they SOOO in looove?!?) It's weird that they just brought out her brother for the last episode of the season only, seems like there's some unresolved issues between them since last season... but I guess they worked that out with Lucy getting hurt by Julia and their mother dying.
    I was upset that Willa did that to Farber... he seems so sweet, innocent and trusting and she took advantage of his kindness and backstabbed him to get his famous friend's story! These two did have a really HOT sex scence in the mortuary tho!! HOOOT!!
    I must say, I did laugh at the sex tape with Lucy's name on it, when it turned out to be Willa and not her... Lucy's reaction was awesome, like "same old Brent!!" LOL.

megally5

[19]Apr 20, 2008
    combatjammer wrote:
    Did no one else enjoy this episode? I felt that this was a really good episode. True, there wasn't any cliffhanger or what ... but I enjoyed all the tender moments. Lucy and Brent, Lucy and her mother, Lucy & Leo, Lucy and the Plastic Surgeon, Lucy and Holt, Lucy and Don, Willa and Farber, Don & Sharlee & the baby etc. It wasn't the plots or the subplots ... but it was their conversations that struck me. I do hope they renew this show.

are you kidding? I loved it!
    it was awsome!
    I liked everything about it!
    Courteney amazes me each time more...
    Lucy and Holt are so great 2gether, they are fun and hot and they just fit so well, I am glad they finally gave in to their feelings.
    Don's a great guy, I love what he does for Sharlee, and how sweet of Lucy to give him a cover.
    Willa was harsh on Farber.
    Leo & Lucy join forces to get back at the surgeon who killed mommy, good opportunity for Lucy to deal with a difficult situation.
    I loved this episode even more than the last 3 ones and they were already great!
    CC rocks!

ohhlala899

[20]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    Is there going to be a 3rd season?