Dirty Jobs Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 2012)

Why do you watch Dirty Jobs?

Forgotten890

[41]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    I watch it cause... 2 words Mike Rowe!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aslayt01

[42]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 4

ScifiFan1208 wrote:
    Why did you start watching Dirty Jobs and why did you continue to watch it?
    For me, I was probably channel surfing and happened to come across it and it amused me. That is also why I continue to watch it. Its hilarious. He asks for it, then complains about it. this amuses me.

i started watching it for the same reason, i was surfing though the channels and found it. I cont to watch it because Mike is great, hes funny and he doesnt react to doing these dirty things like anyone else would. Like me i would probably throw up if i had to do some of these things. And no matter how nasty or dirty it is he can always find something funny to make of it

iluvdasey

[43]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    One of my teachers had us watch a couple episodes during class and i watched it ever since. Its hard not to like it once you start watching it. Mike is so funny!

MEDiAknut

[44]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    i started watching it when i was doing some homework and left the tv on dirty jobs... i heard "i'm mike rowe, and this is my job" and the whole intro thing and i was hooked. it was just too cool of a show to not watch. mike makes the show what it is, it wouldn't be nearly as good without him. he's just too funny and perfect for the job. some of the stuff he gets into... crazy monkeys, rattle snake pits, underground cave explosions that shatter camaras.... ahh mike be careful out there!

SELKETSKISS

[45]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    Mike Rowe is the man. He does all these jobs for a day and what a crazy nut he is. I watched the first one and have been a Mike Rowe groupie since then.I love it because it is the jobs the the "regular" guy does and has to do everyday. It is the regular "guy" or person I should say that makes this world go round for eveyone else to enjoy, not a pinhead politician.

ztron370

[46]May 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    I guess I started watching it cus it's funny and cus their was nothing on at the time when I first found it on TV.It's also a way to escape the world.

hippy_91

[47]May 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    its a funny show.

candycane_24

[48]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11

I love to see dirty things, I've been watching this show for 1 year, and still no signs of puking, nausea, or disgust,

(it's a good thing we don't know what it actually smellls there)

Kristy101

[49]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    I was flipping threw the channels one day and feel in love with the host. =D

soundmonkey44

[50]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 6
    becuase its one of the few shows thats educational. entertaining. gross & funny all at the same time.

Andreaz1

[51]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    I dunno how I came across it, but it's a different sort of show, all gross and nasty And Mike is hilarious when he cracks his jokes

mackski

[52]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    My older brother told me to watch it early last year and I've been hooked ever since.

walkerdoug

[53]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    I watch it because of the dirty jobs. Some are really dirty, but fun to watch. Its a really good show.

PirateCabinGirl

[54]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 9

Mike Rowe is plain hiliarious. I love to watch this show, especially when my mom walks in eating something, she demands me to change it to something less digusting.

I love when Mike Rowe suggests stuff to be written on a t-shirt.

creiij

[55]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 3

My brother tipped me about this show at the same time I told him to watch Mythbusters and we both like both shows =)

I watch it because I find the jobs interesting. I could do most of the jobs he does but I rather not work with animals =)

When learning a previous job, being a forklift driver (and not only regular forklifts but those weighing 45 tons and those where you actually back in under the load with a truck and a trailer with the capacity of lifting over 130 tons) I imagined myself explaining how to do it to Mike, just so I would think everything trough and be as safe as possible. Also it helps if you pretend to guide someone since it really makes you think about what do to in order to achieve what needed to be done.

Tough I don't work at that place anymore due to the crisis I hope to go back someday. If that were possible I would love to invite the Dirty Jobs crew to Sweden. Tough that might be impossible since the workplace is protected under some heavy laws in Sweden where you aren't allowed to take pictures (or film) since if Sweden ever were to go to war (yea right...) that place would make the steel for mostly all the equipment needed to fuel the war.

As for the jobs he does, I'm smaller then he is and I would have no problem fitting into most of the places he goes, also I've had really dirty jobs and they don't bother me at all, as long as I can avoid working with animals =)

RachaelSnee

[56]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 1

I was looking to buy a dvd to watch at home and the one I wanted wasnt there so I picked Dirty Jobs up just for something to watch. Ive been hooked ever since! Nothing much seems to phase him, he'll give anything a go! I feel sorry for Dave Barskey (sp?), he gives himsh*t =) Love all the different jobs they go to.

The only thing is, over here in Australia we must be quite a bit behind as there are only two seasons out on dvd (which I now own) and only repeats are being shown on tv. Can anyone tell me how many seasons there have been?

Thanks

Rach

RachaelSnee

[57]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 1
    Ps
    The episode with the slime eels is probably the only one Ive nearly puked on! Gross!

I forgot to mention Mike Rowe is dead sexy! Everything about him is Alpha-Male. . . . sigh* Love his sense of humour and he seems to be able to relate to pretty much everyone he meets. =)