Dirty Jobs

Discovery Channel (ended 2012)

minionman24

Dirty Jobs Fan Reviews (91)

• Another hit for TLC

Good show. I found it exciting to watch but it`s not the TLC networks biggest hit show if you ask me. Still, I say this ones worth a rent on DVD.
  • clean three of the tallest structures in the world Eiffel tower, statue of liberty, empire state building.

i am sure it will be entertaining so do it
  • Clean Oil

Like your show and enjoy your sense of humor. Go to Texas City, TX, an oil refining town and help clean one of the units. Try the food at Grand Prize BBQ to get a real taste of TX. Next, clean a drug house that has been that boarded up for years.

• Miss being dirty

Miss that show please bring it back
  • Love how funny this is

Thank you to all the dirty jobs people who do these everyday.
  • mike catches leeches for fish bait

That's would be hard to do with out getting sick!!!
  • All the jobs you never knew existed, and never wanted to. But you gotta love the folks that do them.

Mike Rowe may be one of the most charismatic and likeable TV hosts of our generation. I get the feeling that even without the great premise and crew that Dirty Jobs offers, Mike could make a show a hit.
    As it is, Dirty Jobs explores our society's least appealing occupations, and the people that do them. The show becomes an interesting look at our society, as the vast majority of the everyday people doing these "horrible" jobs seem much happier than your typical cubicle worker. From the sewer scrubber that whistles while he works, to the worm farmer who is allergic to the worms, Dirty Jobs will keep you coming back to see just how dirty Mike can get next week.
  • Makes your job seem like a piece of cakes, doesn't it?

I love watching Mike Rowe jump in head first to do a job that makes my skin crawl. It's unbelievable that jobs like this exist and that there are people who do them every day. This show wouldn't be even half as good without Mike making it look so fun and shooting those direct looks at the camera. He's come a long way from QVC! I'd love to see more animal jobs as those are always the most unpredictable and dirtiest. I'm also impressed at his willingness to try anything (and eat anything!) just to show how others make their living.
  • Give me some mud...

This show is diffrent then other shows. It shows really hard and dirty job's with nobody wants to do. But somebody have to do that, becouse people want to have fresh water, clen street and other stuff. Fortunatly we have Mike Rowe who is not affraid of any work, and he will give his best to make it good. He show as many aspects of work that we dont even think about. And ofcourse I like to see him satnding in the mud at his knees. Obviously this is only my conservative opinnion about that show, everyone like it for diffrent reasons.
  • Almost filthy.

Watching this show is like watching a dog puke and then watching someone clean it up. This guy goes around the world on sampling dirty jobs that people always seem to have. Now, the best part about this show is the various jobs around the globe that nobody knows are even jobs until they watch. The fun part is watching the host suffer through doing what they do. I often can't sit through a whole episode because it usually gets old after the first half hour, but overall, it is fairly entertaining yet a bit sickening. Watch if you are able to. Thank you.
  • Check out Mike's new mission at www.mikeroweworks.com

On Labor Day, September 1, 2008, www.mikeroweWORKS.com was launched along with a video introduction where Mike described what he had in mind. Like Dirty Jobs, its purpose is to make a fun, but deliberate, case for skilled labor, and challenge the notion that a four-year degree is the only path to a worthwhile career. At the end of October, they put up a public forum and a call for help. Thanks mostly to the hard work of dedicated Dirty Jobs fans and others who've otherwise heard about the site, the forum has taken shape with literally thousands of links to trade resources, scholarships, apprenticeships, fellowships, and vocational schools (and more) that will benefit anyone wanting to explore a career in the construction or technical trades. The second phase of the website launched in February 2009 containing a real, functioning, informative and interactive resource center for people in, or looking to explore, the trades. In a modest way, Dirty Jobs has reminded people of a time when Hard Work was not seen as a thing to avoid - when craftsmanship was lauded, and Master Tradesmen were seen a role models. In a bigger way, mikeroweWORKS will function as a PR Campaign for Hard Work and Skilled Labor - a deliberate attempt to make sure the jobs we need, are jobs that people actually desire.

Like the infrastructure, mikeroweWORKS is under construction, and always will be. Come by and check us out.
  • boy do i have a dirty job for you. have you ever wanted to know how to make a fake leg or hand or arm well thats what i do my company make orthapedics and prostetics and my job is to make the molds turn a negative cast in to a positive mold

my name i jennifer and i love this show and i know what is like to have a dirty job i make artifcal limbs and that can get pretty dirty but not as dirty as his he the perfect host for the sow hes so funny and hes got great dialog with people i wounder if theres ever been a job to dirty for him to do if there is i would like to know what that is . well keep doing the dirty deed o and one more thing have u ever made a leg or an arm for some one well if you havent you should check out the job i do its dirty and i think you'll like it
  • Mike Rowe will do any job, no matter how dirty.

This show is great. Mike is an entertaining host and he does some of the dirtiest jobs imaginable. Some jobs are just gross, road kill collecter for example. Mike really is deticated to doing some of the worst jobs, he is entertaining and funny even when he screws up. Dirty Jobs also shows what it is like for the people doing these difficult and often very dirty jobs, it is an informative program. Mike is an excellent host and few people would be able to do this show like him. Overall I like this show but some episodes are too gross to watch the entire thing.
  • Dirty jobs is just as it's title implies. But it does give us an insight to a world we wouldn't see anywhere else. Mike Rowe and his crew are great!

Dirty jobs is just as it's title implies. Most of the episodes are dirty, grimy and down right disgusting (usually having to do with 'poo' in one form or another). But it does give us an insight to a world we wouldn't see anywhere else. Mike Rowe and his crew are great! The camera crew gets shots that make us feel as if we were right there with them (minus the stinkyness). And Mike narrates in such a way that we don't realize we are learning something. The episodes that are not gross are of jobs that are extreme, or extremely dangerous. But Mike and his crew live through it all, the cool, the extreme and the vile.
  • Very funny

Dirty Jobs is about a guy, Mike Rowe, who goes around and does nasty, "dirty" jobs that nobody else would want to do. This show is great not only for showing Mike Rowe hard at work, but also showing how disgusting it is and that these jobs are really difficult and it's amazing that people actually do this stuff. Mike Rowe pretty much makes this show. His sarcasm and snappy one liners always make me laugh. And when I see him get hurt or covered in some kind of nasty bio chemical or feces I laugh so much. This is such a great show.
  • The summary of Dirty Jobs in one word....fabulous...funny...very entertaining....and it is all because of Mike Rowe..he definitely makes it....very sweet, always a gentlemen..,tries to appease and give his all...which is what a real man is made of....

Hello Mike;

Ur show is fabulous. U make it definitely. Ur listening on ur guests every word, as to not miss anything. And them to appease them, and give it ur all. There is nothing that I can think of that u should change on ur show. Ur funny, very sweet, have a gorgeous smile, ur natural talent for teasing. U obviously love what u do, or u would not be doing. I am forced by my friends, to ask u a personal question...are u attached??

Have u every had the opportunity to come to Canada. Especially Calgary, Alberta, the famous Calgary Stampede and Rodeo.
    Well, hun, that would be a challenge, ride a bronc, or bull...or choice....I don't think so...that is very dangerous..even for the pros...but the thought was there.

Wishing u all the best on show 151 and on...
    I don't know if u actually reply back to ur viewers, but it would awesome if u did...would love to talk to u...I think ur very intriguing, but very sweet, with a wonderful smile...and those buggy eyes..haha....

Best wishes always,
    Eva Marie....cowgirl from Calgary...ahah
  • Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe

Airs Next: Discovery at Tuesday 9:00 PM (60 min.) Status: New Series Premiered: November 7, 2003 Show Categories: Reality, News/Documentary Stuck in a dead-end job? Daydreaming about a new career? Combed through the classifieds lately looking for your next calling? If so, take a look at what Discovery Channel is offering:

Road Kill Collector: Must be able to work long hours braving oncoming traffic while picking up all manner of smelly dead creatures. Benefits include working outdoors.

Zoo Cage Cleaner: Performs necessary health-giving service for animals inhabiting the city zoo. Requires ability to tolerate large volumes of animal excrement while avoiding the occasional grumpy gorilla.
  • A day at Fair Oaks Farm...

I have to say, I enjoyed this episode, as I have all the others. How can one resist Mike Rowe? He's ideal for this gig. With this episode, I was thrilled to see Fair Oaks profiled and saw nothing that surprised me. Nothing was staged as far as how the cattle are treated, and what assistance is given to the cattle when necessary during the birthing process. And those giving birth and needing C-sections, aren't left in agony as incisions are made. If I recall, not only did the Vet administer anesthetic prior to beginning the incision, he also administered additional once he made the cut, to further make it more comfortable. I'm actually about 45minutes from Fair Oaks, and have taken the tour they offer a couple times when I've been looking for something to do. Yes, you can watch the birthing process (I don't know if they actually show a C-section being performed, I haven't seen one personally while I've been there). What I've seen on the tour and what they aired on the show was nothing different, so for 1 person to say they (Fair Oaks) mistreats their animals, etc., is poorly informed, and should pay more attention to what they see and hear before ripping apart an industry that has existed for a number of years and spewing their belief. To state a difference of opinion is fine, but don't push it over the line and go 'preaching' or such.

I have to head by the area later today, so perhaps I'll stop by for some nice cold, fresh milk, and then some ice cream on my way back. :-)
  • Coolest show on the planet.

This show is sweet. Mike is so funny and the jobs are so dirty. Even though most of it is gross and really disgusting, but it's interesting to know all the jobs that people do. I absolutely reccommend this show to anyone. It is so much fun to watch. The backstage stuff is funny, Mike Rowe runs into a door, the crew fall into the lake. Hilarious show. Most jobs are really dirty, but some aren't, but are still awesome. From coal mining to cranberry farming, Dirty Jobs always gives a performance. One of the funniest and informative shows on Discovery Channel.
  • This is about a guy called mike who likes to do the dirtiest jobs and most stomach churning jobs on the planet.

This show came onto the scene a couple of years ago and although it is a fairly interesting program it tends to follow the same old reality script most reality shows take. This show relates very much to "a life of Grime" only this program follows the more human aspect of cleaning up. The one redeeming feature this program has is the very interesting character of mike who engages and involves the viewer in all aspects of the job he is on. he also tells the story of the ordinary person involved in the jobs that need to be done in everyday life in order to make the world in a general sense work. It is also informative in letting us know how everything he is involved i doing works.
  • A great show about jobs the average person would want to touch with a 10 foot poll...

Mike does a great job as a reality TV show host. He is contsantly saying or doing something funny it seems. He is a goof that does some of the most disgusting, dangerous and under appreciated jobs that make every day life possible. And still makes the show highly entertaining and fresh. Like mythbusters this is one of the best reality/informative shows out there. I also enjoy all the shots of the camera guys getting sick or falling in crap just so they can get the best shot possible. That plus mike's constant jokes makes for a show where jobs are fun. Well atleast for us watching anyway...
  • Dirty Jobs is a show about a guy named Mike Rowe that shows us the Dirty Jobs around the U.S.!Some are really disgusting while others are just plain dangerous!

Dirty Jobs is a pretty decent show! Mike Rowe is such a lucky man! He travels around U.S.A. going and finding the dirtiest, nastiest, and most dangerous jobs! I like this idea of a show!It is very interesting and entertaining! Mike Rowe is very funny and plays practical jokes on random people! My favorite jobs were sewer inspectors, worm farmers, bug exterminator. etc...there are way to many!Some jobs aren't that bad and some appear to be almost the same with other jobs already presented to us!Overall, this show is great!Good Job Discovery Channel and good job Mike Rowe!Thanks for the entertainment!!!
  • Mike Rowe tries his hand at some dirty jobs.

This is one of the best Discovery Channel shows still running, right next to Mythbusters. Basically, the name of the show summarizes it perfectly. It's about Mike Rowe, deciding to do some dirty jobs that make civilized life possible for the rest of us.

First of all, this show is quite funny. Mike always has something funny to say, and the dirtiness adds to it. I may sound immature, but this makes dirtiness funny.

This is also informative. It teaches you how your lobster are caught, how your septic tanks are cleaned, how bugs are exterminated, how roadkill doesn't litter our highways. While it may be gross, you now know how all that stuff is done.

Eh, this is a rather short review, but I'll just wrap it up saying that this is a cool show. It's funny and informative. I look forward to watching more of it.
  • I have a dirty job that Mike Rowe might like-

but, I don't want to be banned from this site-so I'll keep that to myself. Needless to say, Mike Rowe is a really good looking guy. But, on top of that he's very fun and knows how to make himself the butt of a joke. Sometimes he literally turns cr*p into gold with his wit and personality. He makes cleaning a sewer drain look almost fun. What's also interesting about 'Jobs' is the jobs themselves. I can't believe some people actually have to do some of these things. These are the real heroes of the world-the people who sling other people's poo with pride.
  • Funny! Funny! Funny!

I give props Mike. I could never do half the stuff he does. His crew and him seem to go through Hell every time. Mike is so funny though and I love this show. I'm glad that this show is making it. MY fav. Is when he is catching the snakes and he keeps getting bit that one was priceless to see it happen. I feel for this man because when I watch some of the stuff he does I want to throw up! I don't know how he cant. This show is the best and please watch it if you haven't yet!
  • Mike Rowe is the best! He brings humor to a completely humorless idea.

I only recently learned about this show just by flicking through the channels and deciding to stop and watch and actually liked it! Mike Rowe is soooooooooooooo funny! If it wasn't for him this show wouldn't be half as good. The things he says and the way he acts in these horrible situations are priceless! You couldn't ask for a better person to do it. Dirty Jobs is not the kinda show I would make sure I knew everytime it was on and be sure I don't miss it though. Don't get me wrong, I love the show I'm just not obbessed with it... yet.
  • This show rock's and is great to watch.Better every show.

i like DJ alot,it show's what some people have to do,that normal people would'nt really want to do,i mean some of the job's i might want to do,but then again some I would'nt.The show is also great for the fact that it show's all of the stuff in the world to do every day.it's very intresting to watch and it's funny on some part's and Mike Rowe is the guy to do it.It's beeter every show and more and more intresting and fun to watch and I'm going to keep on watching until that mess is cleaned up,well mabey it won't be fully cleaned up,but I'm still going to enjoy it alot.
  • Great Show Mike Rowe plays in garbage. What could be better?

Mike Rowe will do just about anything although I haven't seen him do much in the way of the really gross jobs that are dirty and stomach turning (although tanning hides came close) like cleaning up after a human death, clean up after fires, or turn a deer into various forms of vension. I really enjoy this show because it makes my job look like a piece of cake. My favorite part is when he sings the title song. He has added stanzas each time and it just gets funnier. The man has the voice to sing, his last real job. His face says it all though, he is a comedian in disguise. He can make me laugh at the slightest thing. Favorite episode: Cleaning the sewer beneath San Fransico. I would have been out of that hole as soon as those cockroaches started falling on me!
  • Mike Rowe and his crew assist blue collard workers with their dirty jobs.

i adore this show! Mike Rowe and his crew assist other people with their dirty jobs that they have submitted to Discovery.com. Mike Rowe is HILARIOUS and the other guests are funny as well. Each week he travels to a differnt job and trys his best to handle the situation. He has done such odd and dirty jobs as street cleaner, ostrich farmer, coal collector, alligator farmer, potatoe farmer, and all sorts of jobs that involve waste, dirt, grime, and all sorts of nasty ingridents. The closing credits usually includes some funny out-takes. All in all this show is GREAT and i look forward to seeing in every Tuesday!
  • See the dirtist jobs in America

Each week, Mike Rowe introduces us to hardworking group of men and women who overcome fear, danger and sometimes stench to accomplish their daily tasks. With his hands-on approach, Rowe assumes the duties of the jobs in question working alongside rattlesnake catchers, fish processors, bee removers and other professionals performing the vital yet outlandish occupations that simply must get done. A tremendously good sport, Rowe knows that whether it's serving greasy slop to pigs in Iowa, or picking up five-day-old road kill and transporting it to a crematorium, it's all part of an honest day's work. This show is funny and worth watching because you see that you dont have the worst job ever.
< 1 2 3 4